Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gender Studies I

One thing that's bothering me lately:

I post a full makeup and nice dress picture to social media: "oh, you're so pretty."

I get vocal about trans rights on social media: "uhhhh, we don't want to hear that. Tone it down. That celebrity didn't mean it like that. You're just paranoid."
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      Re-reading "Red Mafiya" and there is a quote in there from a Genovese (IIRC) informant: We Italians? We'll kill you. But the Russians, they'll kill your whole family. They're crazy."
      I remember a great line from a documentary I saw about the Brighton bratva. "The Italians play boche to relax. The Russians play chess."

There was also a reference to a memo one of the pakhans had to send about beat-ins because "too many of our new men are being blinded."
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

A. I shelved all my creative writing for awhile.

B. I'm starting to feel like I'm the one my cisgender friends point at and say "I'm not transphobic, I have a trans friend."

C. Special message for my cisgender, heterosexual friends:

Listen.

When I tell you Dave Chappelle's humor is transphobic, listen.

When I tell you that JK Rowling is a TERF, listen.

When I tell you it's not up to you to decide whether they/them pronouns are appropriate grammar, listen.

When I tell you that a lot of men on social media and on dating sites only like me because they have a massive trans fetish, and this is why I'm hesitant to give men a chance, listen.

When I tell you I am fearful of interviewing for a job because I don't know how the employer is with transgender people, listen.

When I tell you I am scared to use the bathroom in public because I might get beat up, listen.

When I tell you "Trump/Pence/Lindsay Graham are secretly gay and they like it in the butt" jokes aren't funny and are really homophobic, listen.

When I tell you trans girls of all ages shouldn't have to jump through several hoops to compete as a female in their sport, listen.

When I tell you I am scared I could lose my job at any time because I am trans, listen.

When I tell you straight pride parades aren't funny any more and really need to stop, listen.

When I tell you I have to fear if my doctor will one day refuse to treat me because of his religious liberty, listen.

And here's the thing. You say trans women owe you an education. We've been trying to educate you. Instead, you dismiss what we say and then try and explain it back to us, saying we're just paranoid, or that celebrity didn't mean it like that. or telling us to tone it down. Part of being a good accomplice is listening. You cannot love us and you cannot support us until you know what makes us hurt. Until you know what we're afraid of. Until you know what we'd like to see. Until you know what we need to see.

But until you're willing to listen... go ahead and like my selfies, I guess, but I can't really count on you.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Brilliant as always.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I really do not want to know the mental gymnastics men do when they hear "I've had a real bad experience with men on social media and on dating sites and as such, I am hesitant to give them a chance" and turn that into "why do you hate men so much?"

And this is my honest experience with men on dating sites: either trying like hell to **** me or they start talking to me, discover I'm trans, and block me. Furthermore, when I ask the horn dogs about intimacy and affection, they're all "we can't give you that." If you're not going to give me what I need, I'm not putting out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              I really do not want to know the mental gymnastics men do when they hear "I've had a real bad experience with men on social media and on dating sites and as such, I am hesitant to give them a chance" and turn that into "why do you hate men so much?"

And this is my honest experience with men on dating sites: either trying like hell to **** me or they start talking to me, discover I'm trans, and block me. Furthermore, when I ask the horn dogs about intimacy and affection, they're all "we can't give you that." If you're not going to give me what I need, I'm not putting out for you.
              I've used dating sites in the past, and the women (most likely) didn't believe me when I said: I'd like to take you to dinner, and get to know you.

Not all of us are out for a quick lay. Jerkfaces ruined it for a lot of people.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Dating sucks. I wish I had inspiring words to offer you.

I left the east coast and came back to Midwest at 30- young in east coast time, spoiled milk for Midwest. Add to that I earned more than many of the men I met online and it lead to issues. Then I dated someone who could be so cruel, I’ve not even attempted to date in five years. Maybe someday...

The battles are different, but I feel you.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Dating sucks. I wish I had inspiring words to offer you.

I left the east coast and came back to Midwest at 30- young in east coast time, spoiled milk for Midwest. Add to that I earned more than many of the men I met online and it lead to issues. Then I dated someone who could be so cruel, I’ve not even attempted to date in five years. Maybe someday...

The battles are different, but I feel you.
                  That part really pizzed me off when reading.....who the F cares???
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                    That part really pizzed me off when reading.....who the F cares???
                    This is certainly an indictment on the men...but you’d be surprised. It causes hard feelings even in well educated white collar men.

I once had a date with a Harvard mba (I know, I know, my fault) and he calmly explained to me how His future wife had to work and earn money- but preferably nothing more than 75k. Also preferably not less

Comment

This is certainly an indictment on the men...but you’d be surprised. It causes hard feelings even in well educated white collar men.

I once had a date with a Harvard mba (I know, I know, my fault) and he calmly explained to me how His future wife had to work and earn money- but preferably nothing more than 75k. Also preferably not less
                      Dafuq? Real men don't give a sh*, much less two sh*s.

Comment

I will never understand men like that. It shows deep neuroses not just about money but about their own worth. I "get" the Thumpers -- they have already gone round the bend on an Asian iron age mystery cult's gender idiocy and once you're in that pool you are saturated with chlorine.

But secular people with a brain who are still uncomfortable are just messed up about wealth. It reminds me of people who are independently wealthy but still feel they should "earn a living." Horsesh-t. If I marry a woman with 100 oil wells I want us to spend our lives skiing in Switzerland, not being office stooges like the poor losers who have to slave away.

Money's just an accident. It has no moral weight; it's like weather. Who the f-ck stays indoors because it's raining somewhere else?
                        Last edited by Kepler; 05-13-2020, 11:12 PM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Money is just money, and I plan on making my last check bounce.

I know a few house-husbands, and all of them are so fulfilled. Their wives are out making the money, and they are watching the kids. It's awesome for them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                            Money is just money, and I plan on making my last check bounce.

I know a few house-husbands, and all of them are so fulfilled. Their wives are out making the money, and they are watching the kids. It's awesome for them.
                            I would have been an ideal house husband, actually. I have never gotten over the personal offense of work, while Dr. Mrs. loves working. I just came along too late to change diapers (thank f-cking Christ).

Life lesson: marry somebody who

0) Makes your motor run
                            1) Is or will be at least as wealthy as you
                            2) Has at least your intelligence
                            3) Has at least your education
                            4) Whose brats, if any, have already hit first grade

This is the secret to domestic bliss.

Red hair doesn't hurt, either.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 05-13-2020, 11:17 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I would have been an ideal house husband, actually. I have never gotten over the personal offense of work, while Dr. Mrs. loves working. I just came along too late to change diapers (thank f-cking Christ).

0) Makes your motor run

I feel like this should have been number one...
                              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                              Originally posted by Quizmire
                              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

0) Makes your motor run

My wife has a 3 scale, 30 point total system she thinks couples need to balance.

Looks
                                Intelligence
                                Personality

Assign up to 10 points to each and add them up. Their partner must be within +/- 3 total points or it's gonna be a struggle.

Comment

Working...
                                X