Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gender Studies I

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

    It’s kind of similar to, why are so many old white men so dead set on regulating womens bodies. Setting up new taxes for women who miscarry.

    it all comes from the same miserable, hollow place inside their sad, shriveled bodies
    It's the same space where men ask "what were you wearing" after a rape and the training that tells women to behave so SOMEONE ELSE will be raped, not training men not to be rapists and creeps. It's a society that tells us "you're supposed to let him send you picture of his laughable little buddy."
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

      never really struck me until I read this. Why are old, white men getting bent out of shape when the women are the ones impacted?




      (No, there's no need for anyone to reply, I know exactly why. It just struck me that I can't recall a woman, much less the majority of women, say they have a problem with this.)

      Women won't have a problem with what, exactly..? Grown men showering with their little girls, for instance?

      PUL-LEEZE.

      Enjoy your little cocoon, but that shi+ won't flush right now in this country, and it's fundamentally silly to push for it when we have many many many other more crucial issues to resolve. Who uses which BR is the least of our worries, but jumping up and down about this kind of thing is why tRump won in '16.

      Comment


      • Holy ****, this is still going on?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Holy ****, this is still going on?
          The "Culture Wars" are, of course, an ongoing concern heading into the mid-terms. I would prefer to see some degree of detente offered from the Left, rather than spoon-feeding the Neo-Trumpies a great big bowl of empty calories.

          We are really not miles apart in the cultural debates. Biden was elected as a moderate. If we lose sight of that fact, here we go again with rampant Fascism.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

            The "Culture Wars" are, of course, an ongoing concern heading into the mid-terms. I would prefer to see some degree of detente offered from the Left, rather than spoon-feeding the Neo-Trumpies a great big bowl of empty calories.

            We are really not miles apart in the cultural debates. Biden was elected as a moderate. If we lose sight of that fact, here we go again with rampant Fascism.
            Here's the problem I have with your posts. You don't get to keep assigning this fear to unnamed trump voters when it's extraordinarily clear you have these fears. The Trump voters are just a convenient place to shed your blame, of which you're obviously aware.

            I'd have less of a problem if you just you were afraid. Then at least you're just ignorant and less of a coward. Ignorance can be fixed. Mine was. But you're an ignorant coward. You're ignorant, you feel exposed, and now you're pointing at someone else saying they're the problem.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

            Comment


            • Fish is now fixated on locker rooms, not bathrooms.

              I know my wife is not worried about sharing a bathroom with a trans woman. I can not guarantee she’d feel super comfortable using a shower at the YMCA with someone that has not had bottom surgery. At the same time I don’t know any trans people that would want to use the group shower/locker rooms and would rather have more privacy. I’m assuming we’ll see group showers phased out over time in order to be more accommodating.

              Comment


              • As a cis woman who used to use gym locker rooms I don’t GAF. Stop telling everyone how women will feel.

                you know where men were a problem? Leering on the gym floor.

                Comment


                • I think the "CIS men will pretend to be trans women to leer at women in the locker room" is a made up thing by Fish

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                    I think the "CIS men will pretend to be trans women to leer at women in the locker room" is a made up thing by Fish
                    You've led a very sheltered life if you don't expect (some) hetero men to take advantage of that leeway.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      As a cis woman who used to use gym locker rooms I don’t GAF. Stop telling everyone how women will feel.

                      you know where men were a problem? Leering on the gym floor.
                      You don't think that they'd leer in the showers, too? Come on. What's your point?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                        Here's the problem I have with your posts. You don't get to keep assigning this fear to unnamed trump voters when it's extraordinarily clear you have these fears. The Trump voters are just a convenient place to shed your blame, of which you're obviously aware.

                        I'd have less of a problem if you just you were afraid. Then at least you're just ignorant and less of a coward. Ignorance can be fixed. Mine was. But you're an ignorant coward. You're ignorant, you feel exposed, and now you're pointing at someone else saying they're the problem.
                        You have absolutely no idea of my life experience. I am quite confident that it's been far more expansive that has yours.

                        Thing is, with wanna-be's such as I imagine you to be, you've never been actually seen the envelope pushed, and you just speculate from the safety of your couch.

                        To equate me with Trumpies, and to call me an ethical coward..? Go back to your mob and see how that works out for all of us in the real world, you weak-kneed sycophant.

                        XO

                        Last edited by Fishman'81; 05-27-2021, 01:29 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                          Here's the problem I have with your posts. You don't get to keep assigning this fear to unnamed trump voters when it's extraordinarily clear you have these fears. The Trump voters are just a convenient place to shed your blame, of which you're obviously aware.

                          I'd have less of a problem if you just you were afraid. Then at least you're just ignorant and less of a coward. Ignorance can be fixed. Mine was. But you're an ignorant coward. You're ignorant, you feel exposed, and now you're pointing at someone else saying they're the problem.
                          Bingo. If he had evidence, he'd have produced it already. But he doesn't, and he just repeats the same baseless claims while raising his voice.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

                          Comment


                          • Let's assume, for one second, that Fish is arguing in good faith and he really is just worried about firing up the GQP over the next couple of election cycles. The fact is it won't matter, they will simply find other issues to work the base into a lather about. Remember, this is the party that believes "cultural Marxism" is a real thing and that all government programs are socialist/communist unless they personally benefit from it.

                            So if you know your bigoted neighbors are going to vote R no matter how much the Democrats try to work the "moderate" angle, why not be on the right side of history and human rights? Unless, of course, you're just trying to cover up your own bigotry with concerns about how much worse your GQP neighbors are.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              I think the "CIS men will pretend to be trans women to leer at women in the locker room" is a made up thing by Fish
                              The men who say this are extrapolating from what they'd do. They are telling us about themselves. They cannot imagine the rest of us aren't like that. They literally don't believe it.

                              I heard a boy in a grocery line once ask his dad, "the (give a penny take a penny) jars are such a great idea, why don't they do that with quarters and dollars" and the father said "because then everybody would just take all the quarters and dollars and never give any." That guy was sincere. Because that's all he could imagine himself doing.

                              Conservative men are telling us they are twisted up inside and they would prey on women if there weren't strict rules. It's the same reason they have guns. And Old Testament gods.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 05-27-2021, 08:25 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Let's assume, for one second, that Fish is arguing in good faith and he really is just worried about firing up the GQP over the next couple of election cycles. The fact is it won't matter, they will simply find other issues to work the base into a lather about. Remember, this is the party that believes "cultural Marxism" is a real thing and that all government programs are socialist/communist unless they personally benefit from it.

                                So if you know your bigoted neighbors are going to vote R no matter how much the Democrats try to work the "moderate" angle, why not be on the right side of history and human rights? Unless, of course, you're just trying to cover up your own bigotry with concerns about how much worse your GQP neighbors are.
                                Case in point: my town's Nextdoor right now is argle bargling about "Critical Race Theory in Our Schools!!!" These are people who couldn't spell "critical." Hell, they couldn't spell "in."

                                It will always be something. The content is irrelevant. The whole project is keep to morons perpetually poutraged so they will vote and scream and protest and above all give money. It's the grift that ate the Right and is threatening to eat democracy.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X