X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I admit my knowledge of UK politics is... less than knowledgeable, but where would they go? I thought they were very against the Conservatives after Brexit?
    The same place they’ve been going to: the SNP. The Scottish National Party.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Starmer and the Labour Party are supporting this as well. That sound you hear is the last scraps of Labour votes quickly leaving Scotland.
    I admit my knowledge of UK politics is... less than knowledgeable, but where would they go? I thought they were very against the Conservatives after Brexit?

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Bold strategy Cotton!

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23...n-reform-bill/

"BREAKING: The UK is blocking the gender recognition reform bill, which is within the legislative competence of the Scottish Parliament, under never-used-before provisions of the Scotland Act. If they can stop this, they can stop any of our legislation."
    https://twitter.com/LauraEWebsterr/s...42736561786903
    Starmer and the Labour Party are supporting this as well. That sound you hear is the last scraps of Labour votes quickly leaving Scotland.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Bold strategy Cotton!

https://www.thenational.scot/news/23...n-reform-bill/

"BREAKING: The UK is blocking the gender recognition reform bill, which is within the legislative competence of the Scottish Parliament, under never-used-before provisions of the Scotland Act. If they can stop this, they can stop any of our legislation."
    https://twitter.com/LauraEWebsterr/s...42736561786903

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

...and every time someone complains, we add 5 more
    What's our secret?

Volume.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Sorry, dozens of biological genders?
    ...and every time someone complains, we add 5 more

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

Dozens.

Sorry, dozens of biological genders?
    Last edited by French Rage; 01-16-2023, 12:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fishman'81
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

So how many?
    Dozens.

How many have YOU witnessed, never mind resuscitating the very low GA babies yourself?

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied

Totally. And depending on the investment the hospital makes into nurses aids (newsflash: never enough of an investment), it's literal **** they go through.

It always seemed silly to me that hospitals require relatively highly educated nurses provide some of the really basic and unskilled care. Sure, in emergencies it's all hands on deck. But what a poor investment it is to pay someone $40-70 per hour to give bed baths, take POC tests... yeah. Lots of low skilled tasks.
    The CNAs do the bed baths at $11/hr*. Am also in violent agreement that CNAs are way underpaid and under-appreciated. They do the majority of the tasks people associate with nurses for 1/3 the pay.

*Kentucky

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Agreed, mostly, and also often to justify the purpose of a trade organization. In the case of bartenders its also to help identify and cut off drunks, spot scumbags drugging women, etc.
    Once upon a time there was a Code, where conservatives (and it was always conservatives) who were getting women drunk to rape them found themselves in the back alley where, well, the private sector "voted with their feet."

At this point, if you register R your name should just be added to the sex offenders list, for your moronic and malevolent religious prejudices, whether they are Islamic or Christian (same thing).

There is no reason to continue to carry this useless trash.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Agreed, mostly, and also often to justify the purpose of a trade organization. In the case of bartenders its also to help identify and cut off drunks, spot scumbags drugging women, etc.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Licensing isn’t usually about qualifications when it comes down o blue collar work, it’s about creating an economic barrier to help raise wages for a profession. Why do bartenders need licensing to pour drinks?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Totally. And depending on the investment the hospital makes into nurses aids (newsflash: never enough of an investment), it's literal **** they go through.

It always seemed silly to me that hospitals require relatively highly educated nurses provide some of the really basic and unskilled care. Sure, in emergencies it's all hands on deck. But what a poor investment it is to pay someone $40-70 per hour to give bed baths, take POC tests... yeah. Lots of low skilled tasks.
    I am in violent agreement with you.

It's rare to hear me say anything remotely like this, but we have an over-education problem* throughout so many industries. (Maybe over-education is the wrong term, over credentialing? Whatever.)

We shouldn't need a barber to get a license. We shouldn't need bedside care workers to get nursing degrees. We shouldn't need doctors to diagnose strep throat. We shouldn't need engineers to stamp patio designs. All of these things could be done fine by far less expensive degrees.

*simultaneously, we have a far more severe under-education problem in k-12.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

My wife's side of the family is full of nurses. I have a very healthy respect for the uhh amount of **** they go through.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    I work with a lot of nurses and am personal friends with several, and my mother and aunt were both nurses. I hold people that take that profession in very high regard and have endless respect for them in general. On balance, they tend to be caring, warm and wonderful people and society would be better if we were more like nurses.

But god damn there are a lot of stupid nurses. And unfortunately, they're... uh... "status" as a nurse often lends them un-deserved credibility. Higher or lower percentage than the rest of the population? No idea. Don't care, not interested in getting into that.
    My wife's side of the family is full of nurses. I have a very healthy respect for the uhh amount of **** they go through.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X