This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gender Studies I

Today was a better day; she got it and she understood.

Also, I've had to explain to a few kids that "some women have a low voice and some women have a high voice. I have a low voice." They're like "oh. okay." My coworkers have been really quick to help me, because I think they KNOW.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

That’s awesome. Glad to hear.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        That’s awesome. Glad to hear.
        And if they know without me saying anything, the better. That being said, reinforcement is better for teaching new behavior than punishment. Good job, thank you, that was awesome, sprinkled in with a few double chocolate crunchy peanut butter mini-muffins... saying the correct pronouns can be learned.
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
          Today was a better day; she got it and she understood.

Also, I've had to explain to a few kids that "some women have a low voice and some women have a high voice. I have a low voice." They're like "oh. okay." My coworkers have been really quick to help me, because I think they KNOW.
          That's great!

One of the things you'll have to try and remember is that most people have never worked with an out trans person before. Not everyone is automatically being malicious if they mis-gender you, and gentle reminders work best for new people making occasional mistakes.
          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 03-03-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

I’ve never worked with a transgender person either. I know it’s a monumental ask, but grace and patience are needed. Most of us just don’t know things or we’re so afraid of screwing up or even asking what’s proper. Most of us don’t mean malice, we’re just dumb.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I’ve never worked with a transgender person either. I know it’s a monumental ask, but grace and patience are needed. Most of us just don’t know things or we’re so afraid of screwing up or even asking what’s proper. Most of us don’t mean malice, we’re just dumb.
              This. All of this.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I've worked with two trans people to date, so I had my slip-ups early on with the first one since he did the hormonal transition after he'd been working there for a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  This. All of this.
                  Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  I've worked with two trans people to date, so I had my slip-ups early on with the first one since he did the hormonal transition after he'd been working there for a couple of years.
                  One thing I'm going to do is get a pronoun pin and wear it to work. And I'm learning too.

Comment

• I'm in a really supportive environment at my job. Told the Center Coordinator about my stepfather, and she gave me huge hug.

Also, dating is difficult when trans. Once they find out, they ghost you, or turn you into a fetish. Took myself off Grindr because no one wanted a relationship, they wanted to F me and leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                      Took myself off Grindr because no one wanted a relationship, they wanted to F me and leave.
                      Thankfully I got happily married before tinder, grindr, etc. became a thing, but isn't grindr the app for one night stands?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Thankfully I got happily married before tinder, grindr, etc. became a thing, but isn't grindr the app for one night stands?
                        Some people have used it to find romance and a steady relationship. I did not find that. I found a whole bunch of males wanting to treat me as a fetish.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          Some people have used it to find romance and a steady relationship. I did not find that. I found a whole bunch of males wanting to treat me as a fetish.
                          To be fair this probably has nothing to do with being trans. From what I have heard, Tinder and Grinder are about f-cking tonight, not finding anything lasting except maybe a venereal disease.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah, eharmony is for those looking for long term
                            Match is a middle ground
                            Tinder and Grindr were for ****ing other people
                            WisconsinDates.com was for ****ing deer
                            And Lowered Expectations was for the rest of us on USCHO
                            Code:

Comment

I do know of one person who ended up meeting his wife on Tinder.

I do know of a couple people who are in serious relationships because of Bumble (?).

Anecdotal, but it could happen.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Tinder....for ****ing other people
                                And yet, 75% of the profiles I come across say "Not here for a one night stand"
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X