X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of Washington is doing some good things too:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ErinInThe...76024135499781
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      And while the culture war BS won school boards and county elections, it didn't fly for the legislature, AG, and SOS.
      Democrats need to vote in those local elections. We are always screwing that up, and that is how we get Nazi school boards.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        If Michigan is following behind Ohio and Wisconsin on the road to West Virginia, how do we have a majority in the state leg? Did the MI state Democratic party get the memo that the Nazis were cheating and cheated back first? And if so can we maybe get those people to talk some sense into Wisconsin and New York state and start fighting fire with fire?

Carville is a smug, overrated, fraudulent POS, but even he knew you don't bring a covered dish to a knife fight.
        3 Words - Independent Redistricting Commission. They managed to reverse 40 years of Republican gerrymandering in just one redistricting cycle.

Otherwise, like Miss T said, the MIGOP has badly misinterpreted the results of 2016 and gone full Ultra MAGA. They basically just made the black version of Marge Greene their party chair.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

3 Words - Independent Redistricting Commission. They managed to reverse 40 years of Republican gerrymandering in just one redistricting cycle.

Otherwise, like Miss T said, the MIGOP has badly misinterpreted the results of 2016 and gone full Ultra MAGA. They basically just made the black version of Marge Greene their party chair.
          Several Dump endorsed candidates got their asses handed to them in the general. MI-3 is now solidly blue. Gretchen yawned and beat Tudor Dixon. SOS and AG races weren't even that close. And the former MIGOP chair blamed everyone else but him for the *** whooping.
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• It's International Women's Day.

Or "when is it international men's day?", according to Internet dudebros.

Comment

It's International Women's Day.

yeah....

Each day I try to find a joke to tell people at work (to lift spirits as we are often stressed). I looked for International Women's Day jokes and just about everything that came up was a sexist joke: International Women's day was supposed to be yesterday, but they took to long to get ready. Or jokes about women in the kitchen. It was not good. I settled on 'did you hear about the International Women's Day sale? Everything is 70 cents on the dollar'

Now I have to try and think of my own joke because all the ones I found made me angry.
              Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
              wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
              7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

I’m gusssing the men’s rights subreddit is having a tough day

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I’m gusssing the men’s rights subreddit is having a tough day
                  Don't even joke. If you ever feel the need to see a cesspool within a cesspool, check out the Pepe subreddits. Wear that HAZMAT suit from Andromeda Strain.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• It's also Not All Men Day, Well Actually Day, and Mansplaining Day.

Comment

• Happy womens day! Tiger woods ex gf is asking a judge to throw out her NDA because of federal law that says victims of sexual misconduct cannot be barred from filing lawsuits

Comment

November 19th, as I found out last year when someone at my company posted it in Slack. I thought about stirring the pot and pointing out that literally every day that ends in 'Y' is a day for men, but I left it alone and took satisfaction from the fact that no one liked or responded to it.

Comment

• That kind of post should be a fireable offense. Not because of the content but because of the sheer reckless stupidity of posting it publicly on company resources. Just dumb man.
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Does Slack require company resources to access? Regardless I think he said he did not in the end reply to the post and that his stated satisfaction was because the post itself didn't receive any praise.

Comment

• Iranian women showing how it's done.

You see it as soon as you land at the airport: posters telling women to keep their headscarves on. They're everywhere in Iran; in malls, restaurants, billboards above main highways, and even rest stops in between cities. The hijab remains the official law in Iran.

But these days, all around the country, many women are going about their business hair uncovered. It's a vivid reminder of the public uproar and anti-government protests that erupted after Mahsa Amini, a 22-year-old Kurdish woman, was killed in police custody in September. She was allegedly arrested for improper wear of her headscarf.

The government brutally cracked down on those protests, killing hundreds of people and jailing thousands, according to rights groups.

What began as anger at the hijab law grew into a bigger movement as Iranians said they were fed up with the regime's corruption, economic mismanagement and oppression of its citizens. Now, a visible minority of women in Iran are refusing to wear headscarves, in defiant protest against the government and all of its policies.

In a north Tehran neighborhood, a 63-year-old woman and her daughter said they both decided to stop wearing a headscarf after Amini died. Like many other women who spoke to NPR, they asked not to be identified, fearing government retribution.

The mother said she did it in solidarity with the mothers of the many young protesters who were killed standing up to the regime.

"The only thing that I can actually do at this age is to not have a scarf," she said. "To have the scarf or to not have the scarf, for me, is not very important. I'm not young to show off my hair, but I'm not wearing it to show that my views are against the government's views."
                              Cornell University

Comment

• This is what I love to see.

https://erininthemorn.substack.com/p...ti-trans-bills

Comment

Working...
                                X