Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gender Studies I

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Swansong View Post

    Suffice it to say, it is scientifically untrue to declare "there are only two anatomical sexes" because the very definition of "sex" has been misunderstood. And again, this isn't even particularly new research and doesn't at all get into the sociological research into gender constructs.
    This thread sums up how non-binary it all is pretty well: https://***********/rebeccarhelm/sta...34357639139328

    Cornell '04, Stanford '06


    KDR

    Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

    Test to see if I can add this.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

      Right but I was actually saying the opposite: sex is XX vs XY, and then sexual characteristics float above that and are only a matter of probability in their assignment to actual sex. So, if you've got a XX you're a chick, even if you have a dick.

      AFAIC the biologists tell us what sex is, and we decide what our gender is. There is no other court to appeal to. Each person gets to decide that and the rest of us can suck it.
      Again, skis, expertise, all that. But I don't think that is necessarily true.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by French Rage View Post

        This thread sums up how non-binary it all is pretty well: https://***********/rebeccarhelm/sta...34357639139328
        This is an outstanding read.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

        Comment


        • Sims have gone full woke

          https://***********/atrupar/status/1...OHP9_09wY0wRBQ

          Comment


          • [QUOTE=LynahFan;n3785749]
            Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

            “whenever?” Still stuck on that? “Hetero men are creeps, so we should deny trans women their rights.”

            That’s the same thinking that brought us some classics like, “hetero men are creeps, so women should wear Elizabethan collars.” Or, “hetero men are creeps, so she was asking for it.”

            What’s next? How about, “creepy dudes might install hidden cameras in bathrooms, so we should outlaw cameras?”
            Classically mindless deflection... It's already happened.

            Apply for a PR position on the 2024 Trump campaign. You'll fit right in, as will a number of other "derps" on here.

            People, get real.
            Last edited by Fishman'81; 02-03-2023, 01:11 AM.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              I find it comical that society as a whole has evolved and people like Fishy are starting to realize that they are in a minority now. And it's almost as if they are realizing that is kind of sucks to be part of a minority that everyone appears to openly hate...
              I don't worry about being a minority guy. I have lived half my life as a minority in one nation or the other.

              But, you're out of your ****ing mind if you think any more than 0.01 % of humanity recognizes the concept of "gender via choice".

              THAT, um, *calculus* is utterly absurd to pretty much the entire world.

              Comment


              • [QUOTE=LynahFan;n3785749]
                Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                “whenever?” Still stuck on that? “Hetero men are creeps, so we should deny trans women their rights.”

                That’s the same thinking that brought us some classics like, “hetero men are creeps, so women should wear Elizabethan collars.” Or, “hetero men are creeps, so she was asking for it.”

                What’s next? How about, “creepy dudes might install hidden cameras in bathrooms, so we should outlaw cameras?”
                The same people who claim my community can't use the bathroom because of creepy hetero dudes are fond of saying "not all men."

                I'm tired of trying to make it make sense.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                  I don't worry about being a minority guy. I have lived half my life as a minority in one nation or the other.

                  But, you're out of your ****ing mind if you think any more than 0.01 % of humanity recognizes the concept of "gender via choice".

                  THAT, um, *calculus* is utterly absurd to pretty much the entire world.
                  You're off by two orders of magnitude from the US alone you delirious loon.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                    You're off by two orders of magnitude from the US alone you delirious loon.
                    My advice to him is to get off the computer, go outside, touch some grass, and smoke a huge bowl.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

                    Comment


                    • Replace "anti-Semite" with "transphobe" and Sartre's point holds up:
                      "Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                        You're off by two orders of magnitude from the US alone you delirious loon.
                        I bet it’s more like 3.5 orders off for the US, but to be fair, he did say the whole world - he’s saying that because the Africans, dot Indians, and Chinese hate trans people, that proves that it is “natural” to do so and therefore it’s okay if people in the US do it. too.

                        Bad logic and a worse take. Miss Thundercat’s Sartre quote is spot on.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                        Comment


                        • Happily, basic matters of human rights are not decided here (yet) by popular vote. Even if it were true that the vast majority of the barely evolved apes galumphing about have no idea that gender and sex are different, Fish is proud to be in the same company of those who believe:
                          • disease is caused by demonic possession
                          • justice is best served by clan vengeance
                          • apostacy should be punished by death
                          • political enemies should be imprisoned and tortured
                          • other races and religions should be hunted to extinction
                          I'm not about to take my moral and ethical lead from the Common Clay of Mankind, let alone seek their advice on scientific questions.


                          Last edited by Kepler; 02-04-2023, 10:13 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

                            I bet it’s more like 3.5 orders off for the US, but to be fair, he did say the whole world - he’s saying that because the Africans, dot Indians, and Chinese hate trans people, that proves that it is “natural” to do so and therefore it’s okay if people in the US do it. too.

                            Bad logic and a worse take. Miss Thundercat’s Sartre quote is spot on.
                            Huh? You can't support that with a quote from me... Espousing the concept of the actual existence of physical gender does not equate to "hate".

                            I see far more hate from your little club.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

                              I bet it’s more like 3.5 orders off for the US, but to be fair, he did say the whole world - he’s saying that because the Africans, dot Indians, and Chinese hate trans people, that proves that it is “natural” to do so and therefore it’s okay if people in the US do it. too.

                              Bad logic and a worse take. Miss Thundercat’s Sartre quote is spot on.
                              Sorry. I meant worldwide from just the US Democrats alone :-)
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post

                                Huh? You can't support that with a quote from me... Espousing the concept of the actual existence of physical gender does not equate to "hate".

                                I see far more hate from your little club.
                                If millions of people called you a girl every single day of your life, tried to keep you from using the bathroom of your choice, etc, what else would you call that other than hate?
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X