Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gender Studies I

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    If "shape-shifting at will" were a thing, I damn sure wouldn't have chosen something that meant societal, political, and familial maltreatment.

    I'd have picked Pink Fire Breathing Dragon.
    I was hoping you could teach me shape shifting because I'd like to shape shift to this:

    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

      That is good, and perhaps because of that you should take pause from the fact that LOTS of us are telling you the effect of your words and your attitudes causes people pain. Maybe you should consider the effect of your opinions on others, and perhaps you should say to yourself, "Self, now I know you feel this very strongly, but isn't it immaterial in the end what editorial opinion you have about these people whereas, on the other hand, they have to actually live their lives?"

      And, most importantly, maybe because you have empathy you should consider that anti-trans rhetoric supports an environment in which trans people are under threat of both legal consequences and physical violence, and psychological harm of such a magnitude many attempt suicide.

      What idea is worth that damage? You don't hate people and you don't wish them harm. So stand down.


      "hate" to conservatives is interesting. What's the term for something that changes whether it's coming to you or away from you? Doppler effect is the only thing I could think of.

      Anyways. It's interesting. For a conservative, "hate" going outward from them to others means that they don't think they should be executed, the weakest form of the word hate. BUt when it's perceived as coming towards them, it gains strength and is amplied to be any sort of remote disagreement with their preconceived notions.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

      Comment


      • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

        "hate" to conservatives is interesting. What's the term for something that changes whether it's coming to you or away from you? Doppler effect is the only thing I could think of.

        Anyways. It's interesting. For a conservative, "hate" going outward from them to others means that they don't think they should be executed, the weakest form of the word hate. BUt when it's perceived as coming towards them, it gains strength and is amplied to be any sort of remote disagreement with their preconceived notions.
        Either that or they really are so think-skinned and fragile that disapproval of their bigotry really does feel to them the equivalent of when they lynch people.

        At a certain point, the screaming of conservatives like scalded babies when you tell them their sky god was just a metaphor must be taken seriously. We are dealing with snowflakes.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

          That is good, and perhaps because of that you should take pause from the fact that LOTS of us are telling you the effect of your words and your attitudes causes people pain. Maybe you should consider the effect of your opinions on others, and perhaps you should say to yourself, "Self, now I know you feel this very strongly, but isn't it immaterial in the end what editorial opinion you have about these people whereas, on the other hand, they have to actually live their lives?"

          And, most importantly, maybe because you have empathy you should consider that anti-trans rhetoric supports an environment in which trans people are under threat of both legal consequences and physical violence, and psychological harm of such a magnitude many attempt suicide.

          What idea is worth that damage? You don't hate people and you don't wish them harm. So stand down.


          It's not "anti-trans", Einstein... It's "pro-biology", or perhaps "pro-science"...

          Not that hard to grasp.

          Aren't we libs supposed to support scientific facts, even when it's politically inconvenient?
          Last edited by Fishman'81; 01-28-2023, 10:43 PM.

          Comment


          • I tried. Back in your hole.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • "we"?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                I tried. Back in your hole.
                An effort was made. Some people just don't want to be educated.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

                  An effort was made. Some people just don't want to be educated.
                  There's really no "education" in the offing, is there?

                  Everyone can expressly prefer whatever pronoun "they" prefer. I'm fine with that.

                  And while most of this thread is just silly, gender DOES exist... Ask anyone.

                  "Kepler" does not define that fact. He's an just a garden-variety egoist.

                  Comment


                  • You know, you could just google it and learn some of the (not even very) recent research into the nature of biological sex. But why do that when you can work yourself into a little ball of hatred.
                    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

                    Comment


                    • Forget anecdotes of people he may know who shape-shift on the daily. I want to know if he can find a post where someone argues gender doesn’t exist.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                        You know, you could just google it and learn some of the (not even very) recent research into the nature of biological sex. But why do that when you can work yourself into a little ball of hatred.
                        Research on sex and gender pre-dates Nazi Germany. On May 6, 1933, the Nazis burned the Institute of Sexology to the ground and none of that Research was replaced.

                        https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-trans-clinic/
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          On May 6, 1933, the Nazis burned the Institute of Sexology to the ground and none of that Research was replaced.
                          I'm Ron DeSantis and I approve this message.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • "Conservatives" proving again they're the worst people on the Earth. https://popular.info/p/inside-the-au...-new-scheme-to
                            Let's Go Broncos!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                              "Conservatives" proving again they're the worst people on the Earth. https://popular.info/p/inside-the-au...-new-scheme-to
                              If that happens, hello MSP, Toronto, or Windsor. Possibly Thunder Bay.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by psych View Post
                                Forget anecdotes of people he may know who shape-shift on the daily. I want to know if he can find a post where someone argues gender doesn’t exist.
                                Well, and you could Google how gender is defined in 99.999 % of the world.

                                Give that a shot.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X