Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gender Studies I

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I've not attacked anyone. I've said your opinion is callous and harmful to vulnerable people without you realizing it.
    Here’s a fact you’re sanctimoniously glossing over: Your opinion is also callous and harmful to vulnerable people without you realizing it.

    The one thing that is either being dismissed (by people like you) or being abused (by righty idiots) is the opinion and concerns of female athletes.
    Last edited by Jimjamesak; 03-24-2022, 02:10 PM.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

    Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

      No, you are still missing the only point that matters: they are female, therefore they can compete as female.
      False. A Female is a Female. A male is a male.

      A transgender female is a transgender female.

      A female and a transgender female are not the same in that regard.

      Carry on about who can compete in which sporting events.

      Comment


      • I've been on HRT for over 4 years.

        This is what I've seen.

        This is what I've experienced.

        If I call out certain behavior, it doesn't mean I hate you, it means I think you can do better. I would expect anyone else to do the same for me.

        I'm asking to be left alone for the most part. I don't want visibility and awareness. I'm not a hero for going to work and standing in line at Meijer. I'm not a charity case for hanging with Ben and Jerry more often than I should. If this makes me a trans supremacist, so be it.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

        Comment


        • For the record, I have no problem with Lia Thomas competing and winning. She is female, she met all the standards, she won, get over it.

          Now, should there be further evaluation and research into what those standards are? Yes I do. Ultimately, the goal should be a standard that is fair as possible and as inclusive as possible for all parties, trans, cis, intersex, whatever, involved.

          Both the righty solution (basing only on sex assigned at birth) and the lefty solution (basing only on whatever gender the person identifies as) are fraught with issues of fairness and, most importantly, inclusiveness.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

          Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
            Here’s a fact you’re sanctimoniously glossing over: Your opinion is also callous and harmful to vulnerable people without you realizing it.

            The one thing that is either being dismissed (by people like you) or being abused (by righty idiots) is the opinion and concerns of female athletes.
            The trans women are female athletes. Don't you get that?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

              The trans women are female athletes. Don't you get that?
              I do.

              But that doesn't mean the legitimate concerns of Cis Female Athletes are any less than Trans Female Athletes legitimate concerns.

              For the record, in the quoted post, the use of "female athletes" was used to include both cis and trans female athletes. So maybe don't make snarky comments assuming I'm trying to exclude someone. Also, go fuck yourself.
              Last edited by Jimjamesak; 03-24-2022, 02:35 PM.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

              Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                The trans women are female athletes. Don't you get that?
                So are my wife and my daughter. Don't you get that?

                Comment


                • Kep, do you believe that trans female athletes should be able to compete with no restrictions on their testosterone levels?

                  Yes or no with no snark.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

                  Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                    The trans women are female athletes. Don't you get that?
                    False.

                    They are trans women athletes competing in the women's division, based on whatever parameters are set forward.

                    Parameters that could change at any moment.
                    Last edited by Jeb2020; 03-24-2022, 02:43 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                      The trans women are female athletes. Don't you get that?
                      Again, the same question I asked before and got crickets as an answer:

                      Why are Male times/distances 10-20% better than Female times/distances in Track and Swimming? I mean, they are the same, right? There is no difference in between genders, so why is there a difference in times between the two sexes?

                      (Full disclosure: Yes, I am aware of hormone therapy and it's effects. But as I have said before, when it comes to high school athletics, many, MANY times, these requirements can not and will not be met for a number of vastly different reasons. So how is it fair for a "female" to compete against a "male" in these instances here where biology is absolutely a determining factor?)
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                      Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                      Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                      Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                      Comment


                      • It’s more fair to at least let everyone compete. Cis girls are worried about winning. Trans girls just want a foot in the door.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                          It’s more fair to at least let everyone compete. Cis girls are worried about winning. Trans girls just want a foot in the door.
                          Plus, they're girls.

                          The onus is on the bigots. If they think it's unfair let them claim in their Karen hearts that their darling little Erika is the real champion ("she NEEDS this for her Duke application!"), the way racists used to claim that black boxing champions were prima facie illegitimate because they were animals.

                          They can have their own little TERF standings and award ceremonies. "I support trans women, but let's be reasonable!"

                          And we'll see how that looks in fifty years.

                          Let them stand by their "principles" and SHOUT them, not skulk around and hide behind anonymous procedural misogyny.

                          I am prepared to believe these are good people who just have some ugly worms in their heads. But we don't have to do anything to bow to those worms. If they are so committed to them, let them embrace them and identify themselves with them. Others have shown that degree of pride in their beiefs.

                          And if you would be embarrassed to carry those signs with your beliefs, then ask yourself: why?

                          Last edited by Kepler; 03-24-2022, 06:19 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

                            Plus, they're girls.

                            The onus is on the bigots. If they think it's unfair let them claim in their Karen hearts that their darling little Erika is the real champion ("she NEEDS this for her Duke application!"), the way racists used to claim that black boxing champions were prima facie illegitimate because they were animals.

                            They can have their own little TERF standings and award ceremonies. "I support trans women, but let's be reasonable!"

                            And we'll see how that looks in fifty years.

                            Let them stand by their "principles" and SHOUT them, not skulk around and hide behind anonymous procedural misogyny.

                            I am prepared to believe these are good people who just have some ugly worms in their heads. But we don't have to do anything to bow to those worms. If they are so committed to them, let them embrace them and identify themselves with them. Others have shown that degree of pride in their beiefs.

                            And if you would be embarrassed to carry those signs with your beliefs, then ask yourself: why?
                            Absolutely Delusional ^^^

                            Do whatever you need to do but no one is obligated to play along with your charade.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                              It’s more fair to at least let everyone compete. Cis girls are worried about winning. Trans girls just want a foot in the door.
                              Anyone can compete.

                              Comment


                              • How do trans boys fair in sports?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X