X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    FIDE has a strong Russian vibe to it, I wonder if that's behind it.

We need a trans NASCAR driver.

And a trans Pope. A Trope.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Amy competed on Jeopardy: "unfair advantage!"

Trans women participate in beauty pageants: "unfair advantage!"

And now FIDE (international chess governing body): "we're banning trans women from competition due to unfair advantage!"

FIDE has come under widespread criticism from cis and trans players alike. The German federation has said they will continue to let trans women play.

https://www.chess.com/news/view/fide...sgender-policy

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Transphobe ****s around and finds out. *world's smallest violin*

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2023/08/...ST_EMAIL_ID%5D

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    I Never Thought The Leopards Would Eat My Face....

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2023/08/...-ron-desantis/

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

I hadn't heard about that, thanks for bringing it up. These regressive activist groups preach the need for "neutrality" in public/taxpayer spaces, and claim that displays of the Pride flag demonstrate a preference for LGBTQ+ on the part of the government. AFAIK, no one in your community is arguing for preferential treatment and the flag certainly doesn't represent that. The flag is about affirming your identity and our acceptance of that identity.

This all goes back to the tiresome-but-still-common belief among right-wingers that LGBTQ+ is a "lifestyle choice" that children and teens are influenced/recruited/groomed to "join", rather than it being an innate part of someone's human identity that is encoded in their DNA and they were born with.
    This is where I read about it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.ya...080222838.html

Mostly, my community wants to be left alone, to pee in peace, to have brunch on Sunday, and to have Taco Tuesday.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Several Michigan school boards, under the advice of conservative attorney David Kallman, are banning the Pride Flag, BLM flag, etc, under the guise of "controversial views."
    I hadn't heard about that, thanks for bringing it up. These regressive activist groups preach the need for "neutrality" in public/taxpayer spaces, and claim that displays of the Pride flag demonstrate a preference for LGBTQ+ on the part of the government. AFAIK, no one in your community is arguing for preferential treatment and the flag certainly doesn't represent that. The flag is about affirming your identity and our acceptance of that identity.

This all goes back to the tiresome-but-still-common belief among right-wingers that LGBTQ+ is a "lifestyle choice" that children and teens are influenced/recruited/groomed to "join", rather than it being an innate part of someone's human identity that is encoded in their DNA and they were born with.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 08-02-2023, 01:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Some Islamic community leaders are embracing the GQP, who started making outreach efforts last year. It makes sense - the intertwining of religion and fascist political ideology isn't exclusive to Xtianity.

Several Michigan school boards, under the advice of conservative attorney David Kallman, are banning the Pride Flag, BLM flag, etc, under the guise of "controversial views."

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    2023 GOP Educational Film.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    GOP's gonna be angry no swastika.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    This is what happens when the abyss looks back.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Some Islamic community leaders are embracing the GQP, who started making outreach efforts last year. It makes sense - the intertwining of religion and fascist political ideology isn't exclusive to Xtianity.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Listen, I just wanted to use the Simpsons quote to point out that as much as people always crap on successive generations, they in the end are more accepting and tolerant than the previous, and that's always a good thing. Especially given that any criticism of a newer generation is based off of a handful of people in that newer generation, and the previous generation also had the same handful of a-holes, as did every generation before. Every generation is 10% great people, 10% losers, and 80% in between; that will never change, but if we can improve the moral and ethical baseline for each such generation we're still on the right track.
    2:7:1. Else agree.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Listen, I just wanted to use the Simpsons quote to point out that as much as people always crap on successive generations, they in the end are more accepting and tolerant than the previous, and that's always a good thing. Especially given that any criticism of a newer generation is based off of a handful of people in that newer generation, and the previous generation also had the same handful of a-holes, as did every generation before. Every generation is 10% great people, 10% losers, and 80% in between; that will never change, but if we can improve the moral and ethical baseline for each such generation we're still on the right track.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    How on earth could any younger generation not scarred by war not be shallow?

I don't understand this criticism of 20- and 30-somethings. Of course they're shallow, self-absorbed, inept try-hards -- they just spent 20 years on our academic conveyor belt, where that is what is rewarded. They have had no responsibilities. There has been nothing to age them and make them thoughtful and nuanced.

Yes, there have been exceptions, but not many in American history, and none recently. How is that on Gen Z that they didn't have to fly bombing raids over Germany or throw grenades into Pacific island machine gun nests at age 20? Nobody since the Greatests endured that, and all were as vacuuous into their 40s.

Every non-poor white person under the age of 80 born in this country was spoiled.

The dream is to raise children who can be gradually eased into adulthood without trauma. Now you take a generation where that happened -- for that matter, the fourth consecutive one -- and attack them for our plan for them, and for the exact same behavior demonstrated by that age group for the last 8 decades?

Madness.

Last edited by Kepler; 07-15-2023, 09:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
    For lack of perhaps a better thread, but maybe the kids will be alright.
    Lisa: Generation [Z] may be shallow, but at least they have tolerance and respect for all people.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X