• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Oh god...

Yeah, the office admin is likely the apolitical sort, and more than just a bit oblivious to a great many more things.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Oh god...

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    As an ally to the heterosexual community, I wish you a very happy Kia Summer Sales Event.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Model ally.

Leave a comment:

• Proud2baLaker
    replied
    I can't remember what thread it was in but I recall discussion of some Tampa Bay Rays players refusing to wear the pride patch on their jerseys recently.

On the opposite side of that, we have players like Liam Hendriks, closer for the White Sox: https://www.outsports.com/2022/6/15/...ons-lgbtq-ally

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Some of those that work forces / Are the same that burn crosses
    We killing em for freedom cause they tortured us for boredom.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    We are going to have to protect ourselves because Johnny Law will not.
    Some of those that work forces / Are the same that burn crosses

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    More pride events being targeted by nazis. All these events are being published on the “libs of tik tok” account the nazis love.

something really bad is going to happen at a pride event soon.
    In which case:

"But you can't be any geek off the street. Gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean to earn your keep.

REGULATORS.... MOUNT UP."

We are going to have to protect ourselves because Johnny Law will not.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    More pride events being targeted by nazis. All these events are being published on the “libs of tik tok” account the nazis love.

something really bad is going to happen at a pride event soon.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I enjoyed one of the teens pushing back with 'who is they? who are these people/groups indoctrinating kids to be LGBTQ?' To which you get the standard response, 'I don't know, but I've heard there's groups out there'.
    My conservative friends always pull out "they" when I mention that consent is the bright line.

He: "If I can marry another man why can't I marry a 9-year old."

I: "Because the 9-year old is too young to give consent."

He: "Well, they are agitating for abolishing consent laws based on age."

I: "Who?"

He: "They on the Left.

I: "Really? The only group I know like that is NAMBLA and insofar as they are political they are Right."

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Right? Like, are we in favor of banning any sort of teaching children moral, ethical, or, errrr, financial(?) concepts before <RNG>?

This whole thing about indoctrination is such a fucking load of ****. The only difference between "indoctrination" and "parenting" is whether the 3rd party agrees with what the person is saying.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    I found this interesting:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwVSF1L53Gs
    Liberal teens vs. Conservative parents
    There's also a Conservative teens vs. Liberal parents one

It's long, but the part I found relevant to our conversation here, at minute 17 a parent started talking about kids being too young to know their gender identity or sexual orientation, "they're getting kids at like 10, 12 years old, and they're pushing them down that path'. He prefaced this statement with how he grew up in the LDS church, in a community that was 95% Mormon, and that they're baptized at age 8. So, is this guy worried about churches indoctrinating young kids to think a certain way?
    I enjoyed one of the teens pushing back with 'who is they? who are these people/groups indoctrinating kids to be LGBTQ?' To which you get the standard response, 'I don't know, but I've heard there's groups out there'.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    The whole trope of "trans people are confused and don't know who they are" is projection from those who have no sense of identity or tie their entire sense of self to their jobs.

It's not just kids. My peers and I heard it when we came out in our 30s. And for society to tell us "you need psych evals to have any affirming procedures because you might regret it" is an extension of the "you don't know who you are" argument.
    I think "psych eval" would make my opinion sound much more harsh than I intend, but I do think those considering a transition (or battling with gender identity, or fucking anyone that wants help) should absolutely seek therapy/mental health assistance/whatever you'd like to call it. But then, again, I think a whole lot of people could benefit from some sort of therapy.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Yikes...

Leave a comment:

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    How about its gender swapped remake She’s The Man?
    Or Juwanna Mann?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X