No announcement yet.

Gender Studies I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona Republicans have a little bit of sense to them. Just a little sense as a treat.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/03/...0224-430488109
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• All around the world same song.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So, we're thinking of doing some renovations, and my wife loves to research by touring model homes to see the latest trends. We toured one yesterday that was ~3x our price point just to see it. Among other great features were separate his and hers master closets, with hers being at least 2x the size of his - I've seen many bedrooms that were smaller. In addition to its main door from the master bath, her closet also had a door directly into the laundry room.

My wife was appalled, as she took it as an implication that the lady of the house would be the only one doing laundry. I'm not sure where I stand - I kind of think the layout just ended up that way. My wife also did not seem to have any issue with the disparity in the sizes of the closets....

So, what say you, USCHO? Sexist architecture or not?
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          So, we're thinking of doing some renovations, and my wife loves to research by touring model homes to see the latest trends. We toured one yesterday that was ~3x our price point just to see it. Among other great features were separate his and hers master closets, with hers being at least 2x the size of his - I've seen many bedrooms that were smaller. In addition to its main door from the master bath, her closet also had a door directly into the laundry room.

My wife was appalled, as she took it as an implication that the lady of the house would be the only one doing laundry. I'm not sure where I stand - I kind of think the layout just ended up that way. My wife also did not seem to have any issue with the disparity in the sizes of the closets....

Not. Something has to connect to the laundry room. And having it be at least one of the closets makes sense to cut down on walking distance.

And maybe the bigger closet was for Derek Zoolander.

Edit: my wife just pretty much agreed with me when I ran this by her.
          Last edited by unofan; 03-13-2022, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Did the master's side have a secret passage to the maids' quarters?
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• If the wife wanted it that way, who are we to argue?

Like uno said, it could just as easily be the guy's closet in the future. There's also no reason the husband couldn't walk through the closet to do laundry.

I actually think it's kind of brilliant. wish our laundry room was attached the master bed via the closet. Also, holy **** that closet must be huge.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The more I think about it, if you have a closet that big, you're almost certainly not doing the laundry yourself.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                  So, we're thinking of doing some renovations, and my wife loves to research by touring model homes to see the latest trends. We toured one yesterday that was ~3x our price point just to see it. Among other great features were separate his and hers master closets, with hers being at least 2x the size of his - I've seen many bedrooms that were smaller. In addition to its main door from the master bath, her closet also had a door directly into the laundry room.

How do you know which closet was the his and which was the hers?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

How do you know which closet was the his and which was the hers?
                    Exactly. Daddy needs space for all his suits and her closet of cooking aprons doesn’t need to be that big!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Did the master's side have a secret passage to the maids' quarters?
                      Heh. My wife made the joke that the back door to the laundry was for the mistress to escape, so that works, too.

The agent specifically called the closets “his” and “hers,” so maybe she, and not the architect, was the biased one.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Today marks 4 years on hormones. Started March 14, 2018. The difference between day 1 and today is undeniable.

For if there is a sin against life, it consists perhaps not so much in despairing of life as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this life.- Camus
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

• Congrats red states. trans Siberian railroad? Account frozen!

https://***********/maggieethornton/...154857988?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Congrats red states. trans Siberian railroad? Account frozen!

Trans- Siberian Orchestra too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Congrats red states. trans Siberian railroad? Account frozen!

Trans-Alaska pipeline? Not in this state!
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Trans- Siberian Orchestra too?
                                Yes, but only because of the word “orchestra”.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X