This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

I was stuck on 94 for it. Parts of the highway were flooded out. Where Dale St. entrance ramp meets 94 eastbound, my car almost instantly slowed by 20mph.
    I’m more concerned about the hail damage. Not much flash flooding where I was

Comment

• Yeah, the hail was nasty, rally bad when I was at the Smith Ave/Kellogg Ave intersection. Watching a radar recap, my evening commute kept me under the red sections of the storm for most of my drive.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Looking like it could be very hot next week in the upper Midwest
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• So I’ve had west bend insurance for years. Love them. Never have made a claim, either. I paid out of pocket for a new roof a few years ago rather than wait til a storm came and then try and get one.

Not a ticket or blemish on driving record. Credit score 830ish.

2022 rates for auto and home, 3200. Renewal just came in mail- 4700.

dafuq? Am I paying for everyone else’s new roofs that they mostly didn’t pay for??? I know wearher events are expensive but I guess I should start making claims if I’m going to get ****ed while everyone else gets new roofs

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Looking like it could be very hot next week in the upper Midwest
            The fair is starting, so yeah that fits.
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Am I paying for everyone else’s new roofs that they mostly didn’t pay for??? I know wearher events are expensive but I guess I should start making claims if I’m going to get ****ed while everyone else gets new roofs
              Yes.
              i mean, that's how insurance works. You're mutually paying for each other's bad luck.

I've been paying my entire adult life without a claim on anything ever. Auto, home, umbrella, life, ad&d. So yeah, when Blaine had that billion dollar storm my rates went up too. Now y'all can pay for my roof.

(oh and my rates went up this year too after my roof.)
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Yes.
                i mean, that's how insurance works. You're mutually paying for each other's bad luck.

I've been paying my entire adult life without a claim on anything ever. Auto, home, umbrella, life, ad&d. So yeah, when Blaine had that billion dollar storm my rates went up too. Now y'all can pay for my roof.

(oh and my rates went up this year too after my roof.)
                Come on,I expect rates to go up. Just not at that rate in one year with a history of no claims

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post

The fair is starting, so yeah that fits.
                  The GFS was showing lower 110s for the forecast. Which is obviously nonsense. but it usually is a good indicator it will be warmer then average.
                  Code:

Comment

Come on,I expect rates to go up. Just not at that rate in one year with a history of no claims
                    Obviously you know all of what I said. So I probably should have assumed you were just grousing

a number of years ago, Liberty raised my rates 50% in a year without ever having a claim. They didn't even call me despite my entire family having them for a very long time.

Even Amica went up this year more than I expected. I like them, but I'm going to shop around. I would highly recommend them still.

im pretty sure part of that is inflation kicking in and the cost for replacement going up.
                    Code:

Comment

Obviously you know all of what I said. So I probably should have assumed you were just grousing

a number of years ago, Liberty raised my rates 50% in a year without ever having a claim. They didn't even call me despite my entire family having them for a very long time.

Even Amica went up this year more than I expected. I like them, but I'm going to shop around. I would highly recommend them still.

im pretty sure part of that is inflation kicking in and the cost for replacement going up.
                      It is, but it also was going up last year.

my broker said companies have a big push to get rid of $1k deductibles as they are sick of $3k claims. So he said I may get a good reduction on premium if I go up to a 2.5k deductible.

west bend has a nice rebate if you are claim free for the whole year but like I said, seems like I should start filing

Comment

• Get rid of $1k deductibles? Lmao what.
                        Code:

Comment

• Remember when it became easier to qualify for a mortgage and suddenly the appraised value of homes skyrocketed? That was no coincidence. My BIL said he's aware of local builders sending reps into neighborhoods shortly after storms have gone through. They will knock on homes of doors where there may or may not be enough legitimate damage to merit a replacement, and that getting projects approved even when highly unnecessary has greatly become easier.

Comment

• Well, that first part makes sense even without a nefarious plot.

simple supply and demand. More people can buy, supply can't keep pace, price goes up.
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                              Remember when it became easier to qualify for a mortgage and suddenly the appraised value of homes skyrocketed? That was no coincidence. My BIL said he's aware of local builders sending reps into neighborhoods shortly after storms have gone through. They will knock on homes of doors where there may or may not be enough legitimate damage to merit a replacement, and that getting projects approved even when highly unnecessary has greatly become easier.
                              Yeah it’s really bad. They are leeches.

Comment

My coworker’s rates tripled this year. She was told by her mortgage company that she needed to cough up the insurance up front or her mortgage’s insurance escrow was going up to $300/month. She scrambled and found a new insurance provider that dropper her rates back to the ballpark figure they had been last year.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X