This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    And now the world is just pi55ing rainbows.

https://twitter.com/mikhailsmith876/...HffZtO9iIFFPoA
    Oh great now even THE CLOUDS are part of the Progressive Left Biden Woke Agenda!1!1!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Just lost power. power companies wont send guys up in a bucket with these winds. They had out of state crews at the local hotels here yesterday. I expect it might be a day or two. Generator is running so not end of world for me
      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Just lost power. power companies wont send guys up in a bucket with these winds. They had out of state crews at the local hotels here yesterday. I expect it might be a day or two. Generator is running so not end of world for me
        My son lives in Bridgton and they lost power last night but it came back on at 5:30 this am. It been flickering though.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• This is proper cold.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Good lord. What's happening in Buffalo and the Oswego areas is nothing short of biblical right now. Dozens of inches of snow, 70+ MPH winds, and something called a seiche, which is apparently like a hurricane's storm surge (they lost something like 7-8 FEET of water near Toledo in six hours - meaning all of that water has been pushed into Buffalo).

some light nightmare reading and watching:

https://twitter.com/nwsbuffalo/statu...07Icxm6Xg3jT6g

https://twitter.com/nwscle/status/16...07Icxm6Xg3jT6g

https://twitter.com/globalgamer0/sta...07Icxm6Xg3jT6g

18Z HRRR forecast lol
            https://weather.cod.edu/forecast/?lo...ec-kuchsnow-48

Another model showed the same area getting 90". Now I'm less familiar with that model (NAM NEST 3 km, but as I understand it, it's a finer resolution version of the NAM, I just don't know the caveats of that model or if there are any shortcomings)
            Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-23-2022, 04:19 PM.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Well, I won’t complain about 7 degrees and 50+ MPH wind gusts here in Anchorage.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                Just lost power. power companies wont send guys up in a bucket with these winds. They had out of state crews at the local hotels here yesterday. I expect it might be a day or two. Generator is running so not end of world for me
                Glad to hear it.

What is the price range on a whole house generator? Like a 2500 sq foot house to keep the basics running?

Comment

• Good news! They found the water.
                  bad news: everything else
                  Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    Glad to hear it.

What is the price range on a whole house generator? Like a 2500 sq foot house to keep the basics running?
                    Just things like fridges, furnace, a phone, lights? Probably in the $800-$2k range depending on your exact preferences. For bare bones, closer to the $800-$1k.

edit; can you access this?
                    https://www.consumerreports.org/gene...r-a4942266454/
                    Last edited by dxmnkd316; 12-23-2022, 04:47 PM.
                    Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                      There will be a 40 degree drop in temps here in Nola tonight.
                      We’re in the midst of a 56F drop here…but of course we started at 78, so……not complaining and preparing to be entertained by all the Florida news channels reporting on the frigid temps in the 30s.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Glad to hear it.

Really depends on rates in you area. Do you want it to turn on automatically? How big is your service, how new is it? How many watts to run what you want.? Do you roll it out of garage, flick some breakers , plug in an extenion cord and fire gennie up. lots of variables.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Seeing that there are pretty wide spread and numerous power outages in Maine. Hope you are all ok- I can't fathom losing power when it's 1 outside and still really freaking windy here in SE MI.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                            Seeing that there are pretty wide spread and numerous power outages in Maine. Hope you are all ok- I can't fathom losing power when it's 1 outside and still really freaking windy here in SE MI.
                            One of my coworkers had to leave and bring his wife and 2-year-old son back to work because their power went out this morning. It was -3 with a wind chill of -24, which is cold for Kentucky standards. Luckily it was restored within a handful of hours.

Comment

• It was 57 at 11am; it's now 27.
                              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• This storm is going to be one of them most costly of all time isn't it?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X