• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow melt on Mt Rainier.

https://www.king5.com/video/news/loc...5-e2dbc135763f
    A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• A couple weeks ago when MN/ND/SD were in the oven the weatherbots claimed it was because the dry desert air mass that normally sits over AZ got shoved north by the jet stream.

Is this the same phenomena (dry desert air ball on the move) but up the windward side of the Sierra Nevadas?
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• …he naively “just-asked,” hoping beyond hope that there was something - anything! - that could explain this phenomenon other than human-induced climate change….
        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
          …he naively “just-asked,” hoping beyond hope that there was something - anything! - that could explain this phenomenon other than human-induced climate change….
          One does not inherently negate the other. Because this isn’t something that we have in recorded history regarding temps in the pacific NW doesn’t mean it can’t be a hyper-exaggerated version of something that has happened throughout history. The key would be us as the cause of the hyper exaggeration.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Hit 100 in Boston yesterday for the first time in 10 years. Previous record for the day was 95. Mon and Tues tied records; 97 and 99 respectively. Heat indices well over 100 all 3 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              Hit 100 in Boston yesterday for the first time in 10 years. Previous record for the day was 95. Mon and Tues tied records; 97 and 99 respectively. Heat indices well over 100 all 3 days.
              Only 100?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• 100 on Wednesday and just turned on the heat to take the chill out of the abode. The wind out of the NE off the water cooled down things real quick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Cool. How far does your family date back in the state? Did they directly settle there from {Your Nordic Country Here} or relocate from the east?

Dr. Mrs.' family was in Arizona 30 years before OK Corral.
                  Man, I come back after a two week vacation and they are talking about sex with Jeb's mom in other threads. I think I'll start my catch up here.

It turns out it was my great grandfather who still owned the pharmacy in Parshall in 1936.

Both sides of my family date back to the early 1880's in the state. On my mother's side, her paternal grandparents homesteaded the farm where my mother grew up, in north central North Dakota.

On my father's side, his grandparents both emigrated originally to western Minnesota and eastern North Dakota, first, then moved west to Parshall, and ultimately to Minot.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                    …he naively “just-asked,” hoping beyond hope that there was something - anything! - that could explain this phenomenon other than human-induced climate change….
                    Weather v. Climate

That heat dome is a weather phenomena I'm told.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Potential derecho tonight in eastern minn/western Wisconsin

Comment

• The forecast radar looks really bad
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• From the look on the map we miss almost all of it but Wisconsin and Illinois could get a ton of rain.

(based on The Weather Channel)
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I'm glad we're missing this. I like my house upright and shingled.

last time we had a derecho, I was listening to Chicago pd scanner feeds talking about tornadoes heading towards the city.
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Yeah, I'm very happy our vacation near Waupaca was last week.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

• GN: Yesterday's 96F and dew point in the 70s broke overnight due to wind shift

BN: ... out of the north bringing 1/2 visibility due to Canadian wild fires, but at least it's in the 60s and dew points in the 40s.

MSN weather on the 'puter is saying my AQI is 187 right now where I'm at ... 187, isn't that a police call code for ... < gulp > ...

UPDATE: AQI just said 292!
                                Last edited by The Sicatoka; 07-29-2021, 12:35 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X