X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    If anyone has insomnia, the Australian Open computer screwed up and somehow matched Emma Raducanu with #7 Coco Gauff in the second round. It is scheduled to begin at 3AM ET. For those who are interested in sleeping normal hours, #3 Jessica Pegula is scheduled for 8:25 tonight with both Sloane Stephens and #10 Madison Keys set for 10:35.
    A major shame it isn’t on prime time here but can’t blame the host broadcaster for doing what’s best for them. I think Gauff is the better player and in better form but much more pressure on her.

ESPN’s coverage is so disappointing. They’re not even showing matches in the morning any more.

Leave a comment:

• ticapnews
    replied
    If anyone has insomnia, the Australian Open computer screwed up and somehow matched Emma Raducanu with #7 Coco Gauff in the second round. It is scheduled to begin at 3AM ET. For those who are interested in sleeping normal hours, #3 Jessica Pegula is scheduled for 8:25 tonight with both Sloane Stephens and #10 Madison Keys set for 10:35.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    Former No. 1-ranked player Simona Halep has been provisionally suspended by the International Tennis Integrity Agency and faces a possible four-year ban from tennis after failing a drug test during the US Open.

The ITIA announced the suspension for Halep, a two-time Grand Slam champion who is currently No. 9 in the WTA rankings, on Friday, saying she tested positive for the banned substance roxadustat.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Thank you, Roger

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Federer is to retire next month.

i knew it was coming but selfishly wanted to see him in person one more time at the open.
    I read he is going to play a bunch of exhibitions worldwide so there should be more chances to see him.

No athlete in my lifetime has come anywhere close to dominating the way he did in the mid 00’s.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Federer is to retire next month.

i knew it was coming but selfishly wanted to see him in person one more time at the open.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Hawk Eye is considering having their out/fault calls instead yell out the name of sponsors. Now every time someone hits a let we’ll get to hear “RALPH LAUREN!”

https://twitter.com/jon_wertheim/sta...F3mUHk_AcvjbQw
    Wait huh?

Leave a comment:

• Spartanforlife4
    replied
    Hawk Eye is considering having their out/fault calls instead yell out the name of sponsors. Now every time someone hits a let we’ll get to hear “RALPH LAUREN!”

https://twitter.com/jon_wertheim/sta...F3mUHk_AcvjbQw

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    What a match. Fifth set!

alcaraz is a beast with these long, late night matches

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    What a first set! What a tie breaker

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I’ve got a ton of respect for her. She could have a comfortable, easy life but instead is out there grinding. It takes a ton of work to get to where she is.

Tiafoe doesn’t have the talent Alcaraz does but should have a good chance after Alcaraz’s match last night. Hopefully Alcaraz is out of gas and Tiafoe makes the final. Ruud is probably the favorite right now.
    Ruud is through to the final. Hopefully in the next few hours Big Foe can join him.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Bitter and resentful ? Lol

we just don’t care

lfg Tiafoe

im beyond excited for Francis. And American tennis
    Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 09-08-2022, 10:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Drew S.
    replied
    Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    I don't follow tennis closely enough to know much about Pegula, what I've read here is the extent of my knowledge.
    Yes, she has had an easier path and all the resources to be successful, but it still requires hard work and dedication to make it to the top 10 in whatever career you choose.

I guess I don't understand the hate. Am I jealous of the 1% and think they could do more to help level the playing field for all? yes. Do I think the story of having to work your way up from nothing is more inspiring? yes, but I wish our country did more to help everyone avoid poverty so we wouldn't have those stories.

What would you have the children born with silver spoons do differently to earn your respect? Or is that not possible, we just automatically despise them for having the things we dream about?
    I think it’s mostly people in the modern world not being happy for others. She’s done really well for herself and instead of choosing to be happy people choose to be bitter and resentful.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Naturally, you think that not being a fan, or being less than a fan is hate. Good on you.

I don't resent her, I don't hate her. But I don't root for her and I very much don't admire her.

And the game I see her play isn't one that I'm looking to watch.
    The only player I hate is the Serb.

couldn’t care less about this woman

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    This.
    Double this. **** all the rich.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X