Tennis anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tennis anyone?

I'll bet this puppy is done in one or two games tomorrow. Just a hunch. Kind of like that hockey game that goes to the 5th OT, it's over early in the 5th.

They were on court for over 7 hours today. Insane.
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
      The winner won't have to play twice tomorrow; they've decided to move that second-round match to Friday.
      What will they do with Isner's doubles match? He was supposed to play doubles today. I am sure his partner is thrilled.
      Go Bulldogs!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
        I'll bet this puppy is done in one or two games tomorrow. Just a hunch. Kind of like that hockey game that goes to the 5th OT, it's over early in the 5th.

That's what I'm thinking. 5 games max.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Probably. But seriously... this SET has been over 7 hours long... which is longer than any other MATCH ever played at Wimbledon.
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Just heard about this. If they get to 99-99 does the next win roll it back to 0?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              Just heard about this. If they get to 99-99 does the next win roll it back to 0?
              On the online "slam tracker" it reset to zero at 50 games, you can see in the screenshot posted earlier that it reset and they put a not at the top of the page saying to add 50 to each score.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by pgrass01 View Post
                What will they do with Isner's doubles match? He was supposed to play doubles today. I am sure his partner is thrilled.
                Delay it to tomorrow afternoon, though in all likelihood, I'd bet he ends up withdrawing from doubles.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I didn't realize until I started listening to the online radio broadcast that this match started yesterday?!?!?!
                  True. But there was a match (or maybe just the completion of a match?) before them today.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  suspending it when it is tied makes the most sense
                  It might also be a rule. There was a comment about it on the espn live cast.

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                  Delay it to tomorrow afternoon, though in all likelihood, I'd bet he ends up withdrawing from doubles.
                  Also what I expect. I wouldn't be surprised, either.
                  Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

I love tennis and congratulate both for competing, but enough is enough. Someone win.

Comment

Something silly for the thread.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBL_i9DLl68&hl=en_US&fs=1&">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MBL_i9DLl68&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                      Twitter: DanMountSports
                      2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Predictably (and even somewhat understandably, I guess), ESPN will now flog this story to death. I've been watching for 40 minutes, 14 courts are in play, and we haven't seen a single point yet this morning. It's all Isner, Mahut, and Queen Elizabeth. Oh well.

Comment

As long as they are screwing up the tournament by taking 3 days, why not go for 4.

I want them to take so long Wimbledon has to force them to tie and draw lots to see who advances.

I would bet they insert a tiebreak system soon after that. It would be easy to say, after 50 total points in the 5th set use a tiebreak.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Sharapova easily wins her match and advances to the 3rd round.

Comment

61-60...

101-98 aces...

Comment

64-64. It's already 4:15 London time -- only five more hours of sunlight.

Comment

Working...
                                X