Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tennis anyone?

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
    I would be surprised at a Schiavone victory, but any of the other three have a great shot at this. I agree that beating Henin and Williams back to back certainly means she'll be able to hang in with anyone on the big stage. Her nerves held up, and that's been a problem for Janvokic and especially Dementieva.
    The women are notorious for folding under pressure - the ones that hold their **** together are few and far between. You really pick up on it in their service games (double faults and horrible second serves that get destroyed by aggressive returns). I don't know what to expect from Dementieva - she's either really good or flat out awful.

My gut tells me the winner will come out of the Stosur-Jankovic side.

Comment

Nadal advances in straights over Almagro (7-6, 7-6, 6-4) - competitive match, but Almagro couldn't get it done in the tie-breakers.

... and Djokovic loses in the quarterfinal to Melzer. He won the first two sets and lost the last three.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
        You really pick up on it in their service games (double faults and horrible second serves that get destroyed by aggressive returns).
        That's really more of a physiological difference. Everyone gets a little tight in big spots, but women don't have the strength to generate racquet-head speed, and subsequently, spin on a second serve, like a man can. That gives them way less margin for error on a second serve.
        Originally posted by dicaslover
        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

What happened to Dementieva? It syas she retired after losing the first set in a tiebreaker.

That Djokovic loss is a head-scratcher. His career has stagnated since he switched racquets.

Comment

Don't know, but this tournament is now clearly Stosur's to lose.

Comment

Stosur cruises past Jankovic. The fans didn't exactly get their money's worth today.

A Stosur-Schiavone final. Nope, didn't have that one in my brackets.

Comment

Dementieva is claiming a left calf muscle tear; trainers are saying it's a strain.

Comment

Soderling in trouble here, down two sets to one to Berdych.

Comment

Another great prediction by me . . .
                    I would be surprised at a Schiavone victory, but any of the other three have a great shot at this. I agree that beating Henin and Williams back to back certainly means she'll be able to hang in with anyone on the big stage. Her nerves held up, and that's been a problem for Janvokic and especially Dementieva.

Comment

The men's final is win win for me. If Nadal wins Federer's streak at #1 is over.

If Soderling wins potentially a new player to challenge Nadal and Federer for Grand Slams now that Djokovic has disappointed.
                      Last edited by Terrierbyassociation; 06-06-2010, 02:25 PM.
                      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Watching the Williams sisters play doubles, wow.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Another great prediction by me . . .
                          That caught everyone off guard. I didn't see the match - how would you explain this? Did Stosur simply lose her edge after going against tougher opponents? Did Schiavone play out of her mind...?

I can't imagine how insane the odds were of her winning this thing when it started.

Comment

It looked to me like Schiavone played the match of her life. She could do no wrong in the second-set tiebreaker.

Nadal-Soderling on serve early in the first set.

Comment

Nadal up 6-4, 6-2. Soderling is playing okay but Nadal is just amazing.

Comment

That was quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X