• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tennis anyone?

Federer upset in 4 sets by Soderling.

Comment

1 and 12, 1 and 12, 1 and 12!!!

Soderling has beaten Federer and the 24 straight streak of semi-final appearances in Grand Slams is now over.
      Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Originally posted by Terrierbyassociation View Post
        Soderling has beaten Federer and the 24 straight streak of semi-final appearances in Grand Slams is now over.
        DiMaggio's hit streak will probably fall before this one.

Comment

Second year in a row he's knocked out the defending French Open champ.

A rematch between him and Nadal for the final would be interesting to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
            Wozniacki was knocked out by an unheralded ugly Italian, but at least Dementieva advanced. The tournament hasn't gone all-ugly yet, thankfully.
            I can't believe Wozniacki lost. She didn't look great on the court today. Well...she looked fantastic, but her tennis was lacking. She also needs to stop throwing tantrums when she loses key points (this is the second match in a row she threw a fit).

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
              I can't believe Wozniacki lost.
              I can. Her game has been iffy/sloppy in this tournament, and as soon as she met an opponent that didn't commit a ****load of unforced errors, she'd lose. I think the heavy schedule + turning her ankle has taken a toll; she should cut back a bit and play fewer minor tournaments.

Comment

Serena fighting back from 2-6, 3-5 down. We've seen this before. In progress . . .

Comment

Stosur has been broken once all match. Naturally, it was when she was trying to serve it out, at 6-2, 5-3. Now heading to a third set.

Comment

Williams broken to start the third set.

... and Stosur broken in the next game.
                    Last edited by Bakunin; 06-02-2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

Stosur broke Williams to go up 7-6 in the third; she will now serve for the match.

Stosur serves out the match, winning the third set 8-6. She will face Jankovic in one semi; Dementieva faces Schiavone in the other. I'd say Stosur is now the favorite to win the French - she's got the best serve of the remaining players, and that is a huge asset.
                      Last edited by Bakunin; 06-02-2010, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Wow, I think Stosur saved a match point at 5-6. Great win for her. She made the semis last year too, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
                          Wow, I think Stosur saved a match point at 5-6. Great win for her. She made the semis last year too, IIRC.
                          She did and she did.

She was down 30-40 at 5-6 but dodged the break and managed to win three games in a row to end the set and the match.

Comment

And this means there will be a first-time Grand Slam winner on the women's side, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
                              And this means there will be a first-time Grand Slam winner on the women's side, right?
                              That's correct. Dementieva is the most accomplished player remaining, but I think Stosur is playing better (and you can't ignore the fact she's knocked out Serena *and* Henin in back-to-back matches).

Comment

I would be surprised at a Schiavone victory, but any of the other three have a great shot at this. I agree that beating Henin and Williams back to back certainly means she'll be able to hang in with anyone on the big stage. Her nerves held up, and that's been a problem for Janvokic and especially Dementieva.

Comment

Working...
                                X