Tennis anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Hawk Eye is considering having their out/fault calls instead yell out the name of sponsors. Now every time someone hits a let we’ll get to hear “RALPH LAUREN!”

https://***********/jon_wertheim/sta...F3mUHk_AcvjbQw
    Wait huh?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Federer is to retire next month.

i knew it was coming but selfishly wanted to see him in person one more time at the open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Federer is to retire next month.

i knew it was coming but selfishly wanted to see him in person one more time at the open.
        I read he is going to play a bunch of exhibitions worldwide so there should be more chances to see him.

No athlete in my lifetime has come anywhere close to dominating the way he did in the mid 00’s.
        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Thank you, Roger

Comment

• Former No. 1-ranked player Simona Halep has been provisionally suspended by the International Tennis Integrity Agency and faces a possible four-year ban from tennis after failing a drug test during the US Open.

The ITIA announced the suspension for Halep, a two-time Grand Slam champion who is currently No. 9 in the WTA rankings, on Friday, saying she tested positive for the banned substance roxadustat.
            A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• If anyone has insomnia, the Australian Open computer screwed up and somehow matched Emma Raducanu with #7 Coco Gauff in the second round. It is scheduled to begin at 3AM ET. For those who are interested in sleeping normal hours, #3 Jessica Pegula is scheduled for 8:25 tonight with both Sloane Stephens and #10 Madison Keys set for 10:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                If anyone has insomnia, the Australian Open computer screwed up and somehow matched Emma Raducanu with #7 Coco Gauff in the second round. It is scheduled to begin at 3AM ET. For those who are interested in sleeping normal hours, #3 Jessica Pegula is scheduled for 8:25 tonight with both Sloane Stephens and #10 Madison Keys set for 10:35.
                A major shame it isn’t on prime time here but can’t blame the host broadcaster for doing what’s best for them. I think Gauff is the better player and in better form but much more pressure on her.

ESPN’s coverage is so disappointing. They’re not even showing matches in the morning any more.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Tough to watch Venus get blown off the court at Wimbledon today. She didn't even shake hands with the chair umpire and barely acknowledged the fans as she left. Her opponent, Elina Svitolina of Ukraine, played great and even now is still on the court signing autographs and posing for pictures with fans.

Coco Gauff lost the first set but is currently serving up a break in the second.

Comment

• Stunning upset as qualifier Sofia Kenin upset #7 Coco Gauff in three sets. It looked as though Kenin had missed her chance when she had a wide open court to take a 3-1 lead in the third, but put her overhead smash into the net. She got a warning for racket abuse (or maybe grass abuse, since it is Wimbledon) and started yelling at herself and her box. Credit to her for fighting through several more deuces before finally holding serve and winning the game, then the match.

I started watching the Venus match late and only saw the replay afterwards. The reason she looked so worn out on the court is she suffered a gruesome injury early in the first set. I don't know how she was able to recover in just a few minutes, much less complete the match.

Comment

• Jessica Pegula is about to face Cristina Bucșa in the second round and the dress code rears its head, as the under side of the brim of Bucșa's hat is black. The horrors!

Comment

• Alcaraz defeats the Joker.

Good.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          Alcaraz defeats the Joker.

Good.
                          It's funny that a single game in a 6-1 set can change a match, but Alcaraz getting that game in the first set completely changed things. Not only did it help him get to start on serve in the second set and get an early lead, but it gave him a confidence boost and stopped Djokovic's momentum all at once.
                          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                            Alcaraz defeats the Joker.

Good.
                            Didn’t expect this, wow. Amazing

Comment

• Swiatek: upset at US Open by Ostapenko.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• ESPN must be ecstatic to be able to show an all-American quarterfinal in prime time tonight.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X