Tennis anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tennis anyone?

I followed Harrison's match via the SlamTracker a little last night. It looked like he came out a little tight/nervous in the first set and made too many mistakes, but played pretty well in the second and third. The difference was that he wasn't able to capitalize on some big break points, which is partly an experience thing. I'll be interested to see how he does at the US Open this year.
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Ivanovic is up a set and a break against Dulko on channel 705. Wozniaki plays next. Channel 703 features #3 Djokovic (which is also the featured match on the Tennis Channel) down a set against Chiudine. Stosur is up next, followed by Leyton Hewitt.

Channel 704 has Baghdatis taking on Ferrer, then the Williams sisters follow at 10:20 and 12:35. Channel 706 has the Hutchnova/Arvidsson match, scheduled to get underway at 12:35. Coverage also continues at 9PM on ESPN2.

Comment

Dulko finally put Ivanovic away. That definitely wasn't great tennis, as both players made close to 70 unforced errors, and the chair umpire made a couple of questionable overrules. First Sharapova, now Ana...turning out to be an Aussie Open that's unkind to the eye candy.

Comment

Channel 703 features #2W Safina now; #7M Roddick ~ 9:20 and #4M Del Potro at 12:35
          Channel 704 has #8W Jankovic, Justine Henin and #5M Andy Murray.
          Channel 705 starts off with a doubles match, followed by Wickmayer then two men's matches with seeded players including #12 Monfils and #14 Wawrinka.
          Channel 706 has 3 doubles matches, with #11M Gonzales in the middle at 9:20.
          Channel 707 has a doubles match, followed by Kirilenko/Vinci and #11W Bartoli/Zheng.

Coverage is on the Tennis Channel until 9:00 then ESPN2.

Comment

Roddick and Henin both drop the first set.

Rodick is fighting to stay on serve early in the second, but ESPN has thrown it back to the talking heads.

Comment

This Serena-Suarez Navarro game is never going to end.
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Nadal retires, Murray advances. Also, Cilic wins a 5 set thriller against Roddick.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Venus was cruising along, two points away from winning 6-2, 6-3 over Li Na. Li came back and won 2-6, 7-6, 6-4. That's two Chinese women in the semis.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
                    Venus was cruising along, two points away from winning 6-2, 6-3 over Li Na. Li came back and won 2-6, 7-6, 6-4. That's two Chinese women in the semis.
                    That third set was ugly. 9 breaks of 12 games (the third set was 7-5).

Comment

As devastating as the Venus collapse was, this is quite the comeback by Serena.

Comment

Davydenko off to a quick start by crushing Federer 6-2 in the 1st set - and now he is folding faster than Superman on laundry day in the 2nd (down 3-5 and two breaks).

Comment

Jesus. Davydenko was up 3-1 in the second set and had three chances to break Federer and couldn't capitalize, and then Federer won 11 straight games. What a complete meltdown.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Davydenko is one of the worst big game players in tennis history.
                            Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Meet the new champ, same as the old champ. Serena and Roger win the singles titles.

Just finished watching the men's final. Federer outplayed Murray in all areas -- just by a little bit in every area, but that was plenty to collect a straight-sets win. Murray served for the third set at 5-3 and then had several set points in the tiebreaker, but couldn't get it done.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
                                Meet the new champ, same as the old champ. Serena and Roger win the singles titles.

Just finished watching the men's final. Federer outplayed Murray in all areas -- just by a little bit in every area, but that was plenty to collect a straight-sets win. Murray served for the third set at 5-3 and then had several set points in the tiebreaker, but couldn't get it done.
                                Quiet day on the streets here in Geneva - everyone stayed home to watch tennis, apparently!
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X