Tennis anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tennis anyone?

Maria's match is after this one (estimated now for 1:35ET) and will be on channel 704 (and probably ESPN2). #28M Leyton Hewitt will be in action on channel 703 at about 12:50ET. #9M Ferrer is on channel 705 and appears to be steamrolling his opponent.

Comment

Maria was down a break but rallied to win the first set 6-3. She's now up 2-0 in the second, and about to break her opponent again. She's added a drop shot to her repertoire.

Seeds to lose so far include Safina, Querry, Robredo, Monaco and Lopez.

Comment

The first round is finally complete. Play will begin in about an hour, with American Taylor Dent facing #5M Robin Soderling. That court will finish up with #3W Caroline Wozniacki vs. Tathiana Garbin of Italy.

On the other primary court, #2W Venus Williams and #1M Roger Federer will both be in action. Other seeds that play today are #4M Andy Murray, #6W Svetlana Kuznetsova and #11W Na Li on court 1; #10M Marin Cilic, #14W Flavia Pennetta, #15M Tomas Berdych and #17W Francesca Schiavone on court 2.

Eye candy update: Brooklyn Decker is en route from Hawaii to Paris and will hopefully be in the stands to cheer on Andy Roddick at his second round match.

Edit: DirecTV lineup
        702=ESPN2/Tennis Channel network feed
        703=Philippe-Chatrier
        704=Suzanne-Lengien
        705=Court 1
        706=Court 2
        707=Court 6
        Last edited by Priceless; 05-26-2010, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Roddick struggled, but in the big picture the day couldn't have worked out better for him. The tough draw he had got a lot easier, with potential second-round opponent Eduardo Schwank retiring in his match and third-round opponent Juan Monaco (one of the top clay courters in the world) getting upset. So Roddick could definitely replicate his fourth-round appearance at the French last year. And if a guy like Melzer were to sneak through to the round of 16, Roddick would almost certainly beat him and get to the quarters. But that's a ways off.

Soderling is destroying people. He's lost seven games through two matches.

Comment

Kuznetsova survives a three setter v Petkovic (dodged three match points in the 2nd set ). She will face Kirilenko next.

Scheepers advances to the third round with a three set upset over Dulko.

Comment

Caroline Wozniacki almost completed her match before it was scheduled to begin (2 PM ET) even with the rain delay.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                Caroline Wozniacki almost completed her match before it was scheduled to begin (2 PM ET) even with the rain delay.
                The fact ESPN2 chose to cover other matches is highly aggravating. They seek out Williams matches, yet when hot busty players are playing, it's almost as if they try to avoid them. I propose that DL be put in charge of the WTA coverage and camera angles.

Monfils has been pushed to a 5th set vs Fognini.
                Last edited by Bakunin; 05-26-2010, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                  The fact ESPN2 chose to cover other matches is highly aggravating. They seek out Williams matches, yet when hot busty players are playing, it's almost as if they try to avoid them. I propose that DL be put in charge of the WTA coverage and camera angles.

Monfils has been pushed to a 5th set vs Fognini.
                  The fact that Wozniacki swept her opponent off the court might have had something to do with their coverage. And Williams is an American and a superstar, so to ESPN she and Serena are gold.

I just hope Ana's second round match is televised, even if it's only on the DTV feed.

I imagine Maria's will.

The French need to follow the English, Aussies and Americans: Put the pretty ones on center court...put gangly Andy Murray types on the outer courts

Comment

Play suspended due to darkness - Monfils is tied at 5 with Fognini in set 5.

Ivanovic is due to play tomorrow. Hopefully it isn't an early match; I don't wake up 'til at least 10.

They showed Wozniacki for about 3 minutes this morning (near the end of the first set).

Comment

Play suspended due to darkness - Monfils is tied at 5 with Fognini in set 5.

Ivanovic is due to play tomorrow. Hopefully it isn't an early match; I don't wake up 'til at least 10.

They showed Wozniacki for about 3 minutes this morning (near the end of the first set).
                      Bad news: Ana Ivanovic is scheduled in the first match on court one (channel 705 on DTV) at 11AM Paris time (5AM ET)

Comment

Bad news: Ana Ivanovic is scheduled in the first match on court one (channel 705 on DTV) at 11AM Paris time (5AM ET)
                        ****. Maybe I'll luck out and it will show up on the match archive list on tennischannel's website (although sadly her first round match wasn't on there).

With any luck, it'll be a competitive match and be replayed on the evening telecast.

Comment

Tomorrow is going to be hard. The early matches include Ana on Court 1, Roddick (and his lovely wife) on Court Suzanne Lenglen and Elena Dementieva on court 2.

Maria is in the third match on court 1.

Comment

Tomorrow is going to be hard.
                            Strange given that this is a clay court championship.
                            The early matches include Ana on Court 1, Roddick (and his lovely wife) on Court Suzanne Lenglen and Elena Dementieva on court 2.
                            Eye candy in the crowd is far less reliable than eye candy on the court.

And surprise surprise, they are showing a Venus Williams vs. some nobody match on ESPN2 now. The nobody is ranked 59th.

Comment

Strange given that this is a clay court championship.
                              You could have gone another way with that, but...

Eye candy in the crowd is far less reliable than eye candy on the court.

And surprise surprise, they are showing a Venus Williams vs. some nobody match on ESPN2 now. The nobody is ranked 59th.
                              Of course. I'm surprised they don't show the Williams' sisters doubles match from yesterday.

Comment

You could have gone another way with that, but...
                                I decided to go for the purist surface humor. Ever since I reversed my hours a few days ago, I've been a little out of sorts.
                                I'm surprised they don't show the Williams' sisters doubles match from yesterday.
                                Don't give them any ideas. Besides, they'll probably show that tonight in prime time.

Comment

Working...
                                X