• Show
Clear All

• Re: Tennis anyone?

Joker is wild!!!
    Cubbies 4 ever

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
      And on the women's side, Wozniacki was upset by Li Na.
      That was disappointing. Woz had match point in the 2nd set and couldn't seal the deal. She was broken twice when serving for the match. Then she goes the entire third set and hits 0 winners.

She's a wonderful girl and has a wicked sense of humor (the whole "kangaroo story" she fed the media was awesome) but just can't win the big matches at Grand Slams yet.

The path is wide open for Kim Clijsters to win.

Comment

It'll be Murray vs. Djokovic in the men's final.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
          It'll be Murray vs. Djokovic in the men's final.
          Waiting fotr a "Murray Moment".
          Cubbies 4 ever

Comment

I'm really surprised Murray won last night. I watched the first set where he got a break but failed to consolidate it and ended up dropping the set, and then got a break early in the second and broken the next game again. I went to bed thinking that was going to be pretty tough to come back from, but apparently he pulled it out.

I've heard a lot of people saying this is "Murray's big chance at a major" since he didn't have to play Federer or Nadal, but I think he's still a huge underdog in the final because Djokovic has played absolutely flawlessly in his last two matches. Murray will definitely get other chances though. Federer may have a couple more years, but I can't see Nadal staying that dominant for much longer.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I was still sleepy this morning while I was flipping through the match, but I think Ferrer had a set point in the second to go up two sets to love.

Then Murray appeared to be in total control, up a set and a break, and Ferrer fought back to force the fourth-set tiebreaker.

All in all, some good tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason A View Post
                I was still sleepy this morning while I was flipping through the match, but I think Ferrer had a set point in the second to go up two sets to love.

Then Murray appeared to be in total control, up a set and a break, and Ferrer fought back to force the fourth-set tiebreaker.

All in all, some good tennis.
                Murray even said in the post match interview that on the set point he thought Ferrer was going to make it 5-3, not set point. Courier was taken back by that.
                Feed The Hungry! Click once a day!

Comment

Clijsters beats Li Na 3-6, 6-3, 6-3 to win her fourth Grand Slam and first Australian Open. Li Na was a mess at the end of the match, calling for challenges that weren't even close, as well as complaining about the crowd and flash photography.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

That was a horrible final from the women. I thought Kuznetsova/Schiavone was a great match, easily the best, most entertaining women's match I've ever watched. And then that final was pretty much everything I hate about women's tennis. Completely one dimensional, terrible serving, both players afraid to travel inside the service line.

At least Dick Enberg finally shut up about how historical this was for Chinese tennis--which was over the top and annoying for the first set-- about the third time Li Na *****ed to the umpire about the Chinese fans.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

I realize this is sort of a dead time for casual tennis fans, but Djokovic and Nadal just played a great final in Miami, which Djokovic won 4-6, 6-3, 7-6 (4). The match went almost 3.5 hours.

Comment

Qualifier Stefan Robert just ousted #6M Berdych. How unlikely was this? The winner is a 31-year old journeyman who had never won a match at Roland-Garros. His career earnings are less than $500,000 - Berdych had won over $8M and had already passed the $500K mark this year.

US tennis will have a bad spring - Roddick and both Williams sisters are out, Oudin lost in the first round and John Isner only has to play #1 seed Rafa Nadal. The only American who has a chance to win some matches is #10M Mardy Fish.

Comment

American Coco Vandeweghe is 3 points from inning the tiebreak against #25 Maria Kirilenko. It's nice to hear the French crowd applaud enthusiastically whenever she loses a point. Cheering for Kirilenko would be one thing, but that's not what they're doing.

And Maria just came from 2-5 down in the tiebreak to win 7-5 on a ridiculous ruling. And now the crowd is hooting at Vandeweghe. Disgusting.
                          Last edited by Priceless; 05-23-2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Ivanovic knocked out in the first round - lost the first set 7-6 after multiple set points, won the second set 6-0, and then lost the third set 6-2.

Maybe she should just give up tennis and do the modeling thing full-time.

Comment

I didn't follow much the first two days, but Isner has taken Nadal to a fifth set (!!!) and Ryan Harrison is tied at a set apiece with Robin Soderling. Very interesting.

Comment

I was pretty disappointed this morning. I woke up, saw Sharapova was scheduled second on the court today, went back to sleep, woke up again to see match and it was already over...she only lost 3 games. I didn't see all of the Ivanovic match, but what I saw she looked like a petty brat. Yelling when her opponent would hit the ball out? Pumping her fist after any point she won? Really? She was ranked 20th and should have won this match easily. There was no reason for those antics - and she still lost!

Isner now down a break in the 5th.

Comment

Working...
                                X