Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Tennis anyone?

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
    Finally, a better-looking lady wins a match. About *'ing time.
    Well, she was playing Venus, there aren't many out there that look worse than Venus.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Does anyone think Tomas Berdych can beat the winner of Nadal vs Murray?
      Nadal-No
      Murray -Probably
      GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
        Does anyone think Tomas Berdych can beat the winner of Nadal vs Murray?

Nadal-No
        Berdych has always had top-ten talent, and he's playing the best tennnis of his life, but Nadal is on another level altogether. I'd be surprised if it's that close.

Serena wins the first set against Zvonareva, 6-3.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
          Serena going to beat her that badly?
          3 and 2 in a little over an hour. I guess she did!

Comment

Nadal wins the men's title in straight sets over Berdych.
            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
            Patreon for exclusive writing content
            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

For the seven people who get The Tennis Channel, they are showing a great US Open match just about every night for the next few weeks. Right now Agassi has taken the second set from Federer in the 2005 US Open final. I've read the Agassi biography, and even accounting for hyperbole, it's amazing what he did in 2005. He had a great draw no doubt, but if you watch the match you'll see that Federer was noticeably much better than he is today, and still an aging Agassi hung in there with him through three sets.

Comment

Also, the Henin-Capriati match shown on Monday is one of the best 3-4 women's matches I've ever seen. Capriati was two points away from the match 8-10 times, Henin fought them all off and never faced match point, and then she had to come back the next night and beat Clijsters in the finals, which she did. Really great women's tennis.

Comment

Anyboy seen this?

Federer Trick Shot
                  Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Serena withdraws from the US Open. That really opens up the draw.

Comment

The US Open is underway. Melanie Oudin, last year's big story who has been struggling this season, won her first-round match against a qualifier. She could run into the No. 29 seed in the next round.

Comment

There's obviously bias here, but I think this is the greatest tournament in the world. The atmosphere and the night matches make for some great moments.

It's pretty cool that Timmy Smyczek from Wisconsin made it into the main draw. He's the first--and at this point, probably the only--player I've played a real match against that made the main draw of the Open.
                        Originally posted by dicaslover
                        Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                        Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          There's obviously bias here, but I think this is the greatest tournament in the world. The atmosphere and the night matches make for some great moments.

It's pretty cool that Timmy Smyczek from Wisconsin made it into the main draw. He's the first--and at this point, probably the only--player I've played a real match against that made the main draw of the Open.
                          Seriously? Wow. I watched some of his match yesterday online and he hung in there pretty well throughout. I think he had a set point in the third, IIRC. I looked him up and it listed Milwaukee as his current residence. So he lives and trains out of Wisconsin?

EDIT: BTW, when/where did you play Smyczek?
                          Last edited by Jason A; 08-31-2010, 05:34 PM.

Comment

There's no reason four American men can't make it to the Round of 16 this year. Roddick got a dream draw considering he fell out of the top eight, and Querrey, Fish, and Isner (if healthy) should be favored in their first three matches. This might/should be the best US Open for American men since 2005.

Comment

Geez, Roddick really proves himself to be a poor man's Connors. He lights into a lineswoman who correctly called him for a foot fault, getting the night crowd strongly into the match, but still manages to lose the set.

Comment

Roddick gets a sweatheart draw and blows it. He played right into Tipsarevic's hands.

Fish, Querrey, and Isner still could make the round of 16.

Comment

Working...
                                X