Veterans / Armistice / Remembrance Day 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans / Armistice / Remembrance Day 2016

"When you go home tell them of us and say, for your tomorrow we gave our today." - The Kohima Epitaph.

At 11 AM, take a minute or two to remember those who have served.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Veterans / Armistice / Remembrance Day 2016

I've been studying the Civil War a lot lately, focusing in the 6th WI from the Iron Brigade. (I've become a bit obsessed with Rufus Dawes, his memoir is an awesome read.) Union soldiers are never really thought of in regards to today's remembrance, but the Union lads that fought and died to keep our country together and end slavery deserve a tip of the cap. Thanks for your service Rufus, you made it through 3 long years of hard service, thanks to your brother Ephraim survived but lost his lower jaw, and thanks to your brother in law Charlie who died of disease while serving. May you all rest in peace.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
    X