X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign XXVI: The Drumpf World Order

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I am taking Jon Oliver's advice and supporting real (i.e. not clickbait/cable news) sources. WaPo was my go to this election. Need a few more so I am actively searching
    For the first time, I'm looking at subscribing to the NYT or some other newspaper.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      They're doing that so they can blast Trump on missing the message of the election. Elizabeth Warren did the same thing in front of some talk/interview at the Wall Street Journal CEO thingie. Just listened to her on Facebook.
      Makes sense. Napolean said something like "history is a fable we all agree to tell ourselves." Last Tuesday could just as easily be "the day the vast majority of voters who were ignored by the 1% finally stood up." Call it a battle won in the war against the plutes and proceed accordingly. When Trump et al have their giveaway to the super-rich, call it out as a betrayal of the revolution.

There is no putting this missile back in the silo. It's launched. But we can deflect its course.

Trump is a witless weakling who will go wherever the adulation is. Applaud him when he takes from the plutes; withhold emotional support from him and destroy him in the press when he gives to them. We're dealing with a simple form of life, here -- the narcissist worm. Set the environmental conditions and it can be controlled.
      Last edited by Kepler; 11-15-2016, 02:12 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Isn't it great? To think that I actually have found Glenn Beck a voice of sanity over the last 6 months. He was on with Lawrence O'Donnell before the election and I found him rational for the first time. I guess the trend continues.
        Well before the 9/12 and Tea Party movements, he was a very rational person. His days on HLN were great. Didn't always agree with him, but he was rational and *gasp* logical.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Bill Maher on PC, domestic Islamist terror, the Democrats, and fake outrage, in his own words.

Linky-linky no worky-worky because it has a word that is naughty-naughty.

Use the link and fix the **** in the address header when the link fails.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...democrats.html
          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-15-2016, 02:23 PM.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Mr. Obama in Greece:

I wonder how Bernie feels about Obama lumping him in with Trump?
            I am pretty sure he has said as much himself. Unlike the majority of Trump voters he gets nuance
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The latest is that Ben Carson has declined any position in a Trump cabinet.
              He's got too much experience that could be applied to running a government.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

Bill Maher on PC, domestic Islamist terror, the Democrats, and fake outrage, in his own words.

Linky-linky no worky-worky because it has a word that is naughty-naughty.

Use the link and fix the **** in the address header when the link fails.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...democrats.html
                Its nothing new...its the same thing he has said since his Comedy Central show. He thinks the Democrats have become too PC for their own good and are just looking for a cause to feel self-righteous about. He gets into it with his audience a lot because he has no sacred cows outside of climate change.

Hell on the episode before the election he said to David Frum that he was wrong. That all those times they talked about how Romney or McCain were the threats they went too far. He said they could deal with the fall out from their being elected just like they did Dubya...but this is different and it is very dangerous for completely different reasons. I honestly think Frum was more scared of Trump than anyone...

Maher is an unabashed Lefty but he has no problem calling out the Left for their stupidity. Half the reason anyone even knows who Bernie is is because of appearances on his show. Maher was asking Bernie to run in '08 and all the way until now because Maher was not in the Hillary camp.
                Last edited by Handyman; 11-15-2016, 02:56 PM.
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Best news today is that Ben Carson has turned down Education Secretary because "he doesn't have any government experience"(which didn't stop him from running for president, of course). That's a pretty big win since Carson's big vision for the Department of Education was to use it to monitor colleges and deny federal funding if they weren't "teaching the right things".

If they are running his company and he does that even the mere appearance of impropriety becomes an impeachable offense. Not to mention the SC will have a say and there is no way they allow that.
                  Haha. Good one. Trump's official .gov transition website is already basically an advertisement for Trump properties, while the Trump business is already hawking the exclusive bracelet worn by female awful child on 60 Minutes. Trump's business and Trump's governing are one in the same.

Some speculated. Portland's KGW investigates.
                  http://www.kgw.com/news/local/more-t...vote/351964445
                  So what gives you the right to complain when you were too much of a gutless coward to try to stop it too?
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                    Best news today is that Ben Carson has turned down Education Secretary because "he doesn't have any government experience"(which didn't stop him from running for president, of course).
                    It was amazing that his statement said he lacked experience didn't want to be a hindrance to the President's team. YOU RAN FOR F-CKING PRESIDENT, DIDN'T YOU THINK YOUR LACK OF EXPERIENCE MIGHT BE A F-CKING "HINDRANCE" IN THAT OFFICE!!!!????

Dude is obviously injured and/or ill. He achieved great things but now he's a walking door stop. Something awful happened to him.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Best news today is that Ben Carson has turned down Education Secretary because "he doesn't have any government experience"(which didn't stop him from running for president, of course).
                      The day's not over.

Anybody find it ironic that Trump campaigned on security saying that we're unsafe due to crime and terror. And right now, society is kind of spinning out of control - due to people that are inspired by (and opposed to) him. And he's got nothin'.
                      Go Gophers!

Comment

Its nothing new...its the same thing he has said since his Comedy Central show. He thinks the Democrats have become too PC for their own good and are just looking for a cause to feel self-righteous about. He gets into it with his audience a lot because he has no sacred cows outside of climate change.

Hell on the episode before the election he said to David Frum that he was wrong. That all those times they talked about how Romney or McCain were the threats they went too far. He said they could deal with the fall out from their being elected just like they did Dubya...but this is different and it is very dangerous for completely different reasons. I honestly think Frum was more scared of Trump than anyone...

Maher is an unabashed Lefty but he has no problem calling out the Left for their stupidity. Half the reason anyone even knows who Bernie is is because of appearances on his show. Maher was asking Bernie to run in '08 and all the way until now because Maher was not in the Hillary camp.
                        I have two issues with Maher.

1. When you have a scientist or somebody who actually knows something on, shut the f-ck up and let them talk. Talk all you want over the actor or pundit yahoos, I don't care. But if you're talking to the climate scientist or the epidemiologist, this is the time for you to ferme la bouche and let the guy who will never get another second in front of an audience this big say his thing.

2. It's great that you bring righties on and force your audience to listen to them. You're the only one who really does that. But for god's sake, stop bringing STUPID righties on. Maher brings on guests like Coulter or speechwriters or pundits -- idiots, one and all. Typically they have really long legs and cute bangs. They sit in the "dunce seat" (the middle seat on his panel). They contribute nothing*. Bring on intelligent conservatives who can actually challenge lefty CW in ways that make people uncomfortable. Even a guy like Michael Steele, as anodyne and form > content as he is on those shows (his own show he is much better) would be an improvement over the Bimbo of the Week.

* S.E. Cupp is the lone exception. It is obvious whenever she's on Maher is just trying to make her, and it is equally obvious she is way out of his league. That dynamic is funny, but even better is just enjoying looking at S. E. Cupp.

Cornell über alles!

Last edited by Kepler; 11-15-2016, 03:23 PM.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Trump's America.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

They will blame it on the people protesting, saying they are the ones causing "division." This has all happened before.

Where will Trump hold his Reichsparteitag des Sieges? Wisconsin put him over the top, how about Camp Randall? It's got an Albert Speer feel to it.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 11-15-2016, 03:35 PM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              I have two issues with Maher.

1. When you have a scientist or somebody who actually knows something on, shut the f-ck up and let them talk. Talk all you want over the actor or pundit yahoos, I don't care. But if you're talking to the climate scientist or the epidemiologist, this is the time for you to ferme la bouche and let the guy who will never get another second in front of an audience this big say his thing.

2. It's great that you bring righties on and force your audience to listen to them. You're the only one who really does that. But for god's sake, stop bringing STUPID righties on. Maher brings on guests like Coulter or speechwriters or pundits -- idiots, one and all. Typically they have really long legs and cute bangs. They sit in the "dunce seat" (the middle seat on his panel). They contribute nothing*. Bring on intelligent conservatives who can actually challenge lefty CW in ways that make people uncomfortable. Even a guy like Michael Steele, as anodyne and form > content as he is on those shows (his own show he is much better) would be an improvement over the Bimbo of the Week.

* S.E. Cupp is the lone exception. It is obvious whenever she's on Maher is just trying to make her, and it is equally obvious she is way out of his league. That dynamic is funny, but even better is just enjoying looking at S. E. Cupp.

Cornell über alles!

Coulter isn't an idiot, she's a professional troll. And, apparently, an extremely good one considering how many people don't get that it's an act.

Comment

So what gives you the right to complain when you were too much of a gutless coward to try to stop it too?
                                First, who's complaining? It's a link to an article. Next, we've already talked about this. But I do enjoy living rent free in your head. Instead of me, maybe let Jonathan Pie and Bill Maher move in for a while. (Links previously in this thread.)
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X