X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign XXVI: The Drumpf World Order

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Well I think part of it is guys like Bannon "Out Becked" Beck. He used to be the farthest Right voice playing the part Frauddy does around here. (taking stuff off infowars and blowing it up to YUUUUUGE proportions) Now there are multiple people farther Right doing it much better. Basically he is Faux News and guys like Bannon and some other Trump surrogates are 4chan. His only choices were to go completely off the cliff or get a new schtick.

He has gone back to the way he was before he went on Faux. Hell he even said nice things about Obama
    Ya'know ... that's crazy enough that you might be right. --> Beck's been pushed to the ... middle? mainstream?

The carnival barker's been out barked.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      My favorite Glenn Beck moment was when he had the founder of Sam Adams Brewery on his show (CNN at the time, IIRC). The Sam Adams guy was talking about what led to his company's success and brought out a bottle of their Lager, opened it and poured it into a mug, describing its characteristics. You could see Glenn get physically uncomfortable at the time, and then when the Sam Adams guy offered him a sip, he was practically falling out of his chair backwards to get away from it all. The brewery man didn't realize what was happening, kept insisting on Glenn trying it, and Glenn steadfastly refusing to do so. The Sam Adams guy had no idea that Glenn was an AA man and it made for some of the funniest TV I've ever seen. (Yes, I'm a bad person.)
      When Jon Stewart did his Glenn Beck impression with the glasses and chalkboard it was probably the best satirical destruction of his BS I have ever seen. I used it in a lesson plan for school

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU22QEclVQo
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Well I think part of it is guys like Bannon "Out Becked" Beck. He used to be the farthest Right voice playing the part Frauddy does around here. (taking stuff off infowars and blowing it up to YUUUUUGE proportions) Now there are multiple people farther Right doing it much better. Basically he is Faux News and guys like Bannon and some other Trump surrogates are 4chan. His only choices were to go completely off the cliff or get a new schtick.

He has gone back to the way he was before he went on Faux. Hell he even said nice things about Obama
        He also realizes that the insurgency style only works if you're outside the tent pis-sing in. Bannon hasn't figured this out yet. Trump may be just starting to realize he's won himself a prison.

The way to destroy an insurgency is to give them responsibilties. It's easy to write 3 a.m. twitter bombs. Never mind gittin' dandelions pulled or the screen door patched or the beefsteak pounded. Never mind pumpin' any water til your parents are caught with the cistern empty on a Saturday night and that's trouble.
        Last edited by Kepler; 11-15-2016, 01:27 PM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          The way to destroy an insurgency is to give them responsibilties.
          Ya'know ... I read something like that earlier ...

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          I agree with the Guardian --> Bannon and the alt-right will collapse of their own doing. Why?

They have become thine own worst enemy; they are now the Establishment.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ream-what-next
          They will prove their own lack of worth by their own hand.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Never mind gittin' ... the beefsteak pounded.
            "Is that what you crazy kids call it these days?"

(I've always wanted to use that line; it just doesn't work in a theater.)
            Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-15-2016, 01:38 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              The Economist and NY Times are my standards, along with NPR. Occasionally the BBC, The Atlantic. CBS' morning show while I'm getting ready for work.

I'll read other major city newspapers when linked for content. I'll read the crap you read to see what the daily lies...err...talking points will be, or for a few laughs. I don't read them to learn actual factual reporting.

I avoid all cable news stations like the plague. If I want to kill brain cells, I'd rather drink.
              I looked through my Google News preferences:
              High Priority:
              NYT
              WaPo
              Politico
              Atlantic
              Slate
              Economist

I have only banned Xinhua, RT, and The Washington Times. I should probably dump places like Breitbart and Drudge, but I have never seem them come up on my feed.

I'm also very much with you on CBS This Morning. Excellent show with a very high level of professionalism. You never see Charlie Rose going in the dunk tank while Gayle King is talking about best Christmas crafts.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Note the hat.

I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

FARK said it best: "You guys lost, get over it," says group waving Confederate flags.
                  shouldn't we be glad that these folks are out in the open now? better than they hanging in the shadows.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    shouldn't we be glad that these folks are out in the open now? better than they hanging in the shadows.
                    I guess. It will be funny when their lives actually get worse to see how they blame us.
                    Cornell University

Comment

I guess. It will be funny when their loves actually get worse to see how they blame us.
                      mookie is betting when the old folks lose their medicaid it will be the poor old colored folks fault
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I should probably dump places like Breitbart and Drudge, but I have never seem them come up on my feed.
                        DrudgeReport isn't a source; Drudge is an accumulator and linker. I wouldn't expect it to show up per se, but some of your feed's articles will show up there.

Just for fun, go there and just hover over each of the links and see where it'll take you. Just now I saw everything from NYT and Reuters to LAT to WashTimes to WND and Infowars and Breitbart.
                        Last edited by The Sicatoka; 11-15-2016, 01:53 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          < comment about sunshine and disinfectant >

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

< comment about sunshine and disinfectant >
                            < comment about line of sight and artillery fire >
                            Cornell University

Comment

Mr. Obama in Greece:

Obama said, “When you see a Donald Trump and a Bernie Sanders, very unconventional candidates have considerable success, then obviously there’s something there that’s being tapped into."
                              I wonder how Bernie feels about Obama lumping him in with Trump?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Mr. Obama in Greece:

I wonder how Bernie feels about Obama lumping him in with Trump?
                                They're doing that so they can blast Trump on missing the message of the election. Elizabeth Warren did the same thing in front of some talk/interview at the Wall Street Journal CEO thingie. Just listened to her on Facebook.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X