X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign XXVI: The Drumpf World Order

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'm a little behind today and yesterday, but, "Ape in Heels"? Really?

jfc.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate..._obama_an.html
    ****it Scooby I posted that last night

(not that I mind it is morally repugnant what these people say about Michelle)

Kep,

I think so highly of WaPo I actually pay for the online version of it. Their reporting is awesome
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Kep

Didn't both WaPo and NYT admit that their internal biases skewed their coverage of the last election?

It's my bias that both were so far in the tank for the Democrats that they drowned in their smugness.

BTW, The Globe was also left leaning, but at least they cover local news first, something the WaPo has forgotten.
      So then the Washington Examiner is your go to? I mean I guess...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        ****it Scooby I posted that last night

(not that I mind it is morally repugnant what these people say about Michelle)
        I figured it had been posted. I just can't ****ing believe it.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          And my bias is they are purveyors of fact, and those discomforted by fact ascribe to bias what is in reality objectivity.
          Both of those rags have been hammered for making up stuff
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            I figured it had been posted. I just can't ****ing believe it.
            Well yours is the updated story about the Mayor so it is even worse :/

But remember Scooby, race has nothing to do with it
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              It's analogous to people watching Fox or the Daily Show. People like being told that what they already "know" is the truth.
              Of course it is. But it's the Post which we're led to believe is a hard news source. Which it is in many ways. But here's two headlines:

"Racist Trump Vows To Deport Millions"

"Trump Comments On Immigration Policy"

Both could headline a report on Trump's interview on CBS in which he said they plan border security and to deport the most criminal illegals which may number 2 million. The first is the one both Trumpers and Clintonistas are clicking on regardless, so that must be the correct way to frame the news according to A/B testing. Everyone is turning into a tabloid.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

The latest is that Ben Carson has declined any position in a Trump cabinet.
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  Both of those rags have been hammered for making up stuff
                  AFAIK, each of them had a writer who was nailed for making stories up -- the "million little fibers" guy for NYT and some lady back in the 80s on a welfare story for WaPo.

Compare the bloids that make stories up 5 times a week.

False equivalence FTW.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    AFAIK, each of them had a writer who was nailed for making stories up -- the "million little fibers" guy for NYT and some lady back in the 80s on a welfare story for WaPo.

Compare the bloids that make stories up 5 times a week.

False equivalence FTW.
                    mookie thinks both ends make it up. they are more entertainment and looking for eyes than a public service. the truth is somewhere in the middle. same way mookie got msnbc on when he visits his mommy (she watches fox). tell her "you don't need to hear what you already think you know. need to listen to other views to learn anything."

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      We'll argue until Ithaca falls into the swamp, but their internal post mortems that they were willing to publish pointed out they ignored all the warning signs that the electorate was not as pro Hillary as they thought/wished.
                      Do you blame them? They still support the unsafe act, for crying out loud!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        Do you blame them? They still support the unsafe act, for crying out loud!
                        Shouldnt you be dead in a Wal-Mart Deathcamp 4chandude?
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

just saw the rock is not ruling out a presidential campaign in the future.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            So then the Washington Examiner is your go to? I mean I guess...
                            Hardly. They're on my bookmarks to check now and then. I pay Jeff obscene amounts of money to get the hard copy 7 days a week.

I also pay John Henry obscene amounts of money to read the web Globe.

Fortunately, the Watertown Daily Times is free.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              just saw the rock is not ruling out a presidential campaign in the future.....
                              Dwanye and Vin in 2020!!
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I am taking Jon Oliver's advice and supporting real (i.e. not clickbait/cable news) sources. WaPo was my go to this election. Need a few more so I am actively searching
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X