X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign XXVI: The Drumpf World Order

Seems Mr. Obama didn't just critique Mr. Trump yesterday in his presser:

President Barack Obama has a message to Democrats: Compete everywhere and show up everywhere.

In a White House news conference Monday ahead of his last foreign trip as president, Obama reflected on Democrat Hillary Clinton's loss to President-elect Donald Trump in last week's election.

He also reflected on his own campaign for president eight years ago, recalling all of the time he spent in Iowa to win that state's lead-off caucuses. He said he won the state because he spent time going everywhere, meeting everyone.

He stresses that Democrats “have to compete at a grass roots level.”

Clinton spent much of her time and money campaigning in swing and Republican-leaning states in the late stages of the 2016 campaign, losing several states that had consistently voted Democratic in the past several presidential elections.
    Mr. Obama heard me!

http://www.easy101.com/news/newsflas...verywhere.html
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Yeah, ok, fair enough. That was kind of what I gathered from the mainstream news I briefly saw, but I really couldn't tell. I had heard the quote about the Jews that his wife alleged in the court proceeding.
      I admit my bias against him...Breitbart News is a hive of scum and the Jew crack bugs me a lot. Even if he believes none of it, fostering it should put him out of contention for a position such as this...especially in light of the racial issues showing up in the country the last week.

Speaking of:

Not the Best Plan
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Some speculated. Portland's KGW investigates.
        http://www.kgw.com/news/local/more-t...vote/351964445
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          The Congressional GOP likes Pence more than Trump. Pence is a true Republican Fundy...not a con man who is already walking away from some of the party's stances.
          well, tD didn't run on some of the party's stances.

he even had positions that were different than what pence used in his debate, then release that he didn't talk to pence about them
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Some speculated. Portland's KGW investigates.
            http://www.kgw.com/news/local/more-t...vote/351964445
            I am surprised it is only half. I assumed 60% no joke. I applaud them for protesting because it is a good way to be heard...but then so is voting. At least Oregon stayed Blue so they can hide behind that unlike...

#screwmichigan #wisconsinblowsgoats #pennsylvaniacaneatabagofdicks
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
              Rudy as SecState. Why? Because the town he was mayor in housed the UN? Or is this some 18 month "thanks" assignment before off to pasture?

The GOP has to have something better ... even Bolton would at least have a clue beyond NYC. There. I said it.

I think Trump wants a hardliner at Foggy Bottom to undo the Iran deal. If that was the only job, Rudy is probably a guy that can carry the ball on that issue. I've heard Sessions more for Defense, which would make more sense to me as again Trump seems to want "Big Stick" diplomacy and feels there's been too much of an appeasement stance. So another hardliner there.

A number of reports are suggesting Richard Grenell may be up for the UN post.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

NYT and WaPo are the tier 1 quality news outlets in the US. Nobody else is even tier 2. If their editorial pages are skewed (I would argue they are skewed towards the elite status quo, not the left), they keep the firewall up for the news.

There is no "righty" equivalent except for WSJ for business. WSJ straight "news" reporting is only an extension of its editorial pages. That's the Murdoch model.

I hate Princeton and Harvard as much as anybody here, but if they're the best they're the best. The solution is not to tear them down, it's to build something better.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I'm a little behind today and yesterday, but, "Ape in Heels"? Really?

jfc.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate..._obama_an.html
                  Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 11-15-2016, 09:56 AM.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    NYT and WaPo are the tier 1 quality news outlets in the US. Nobody else is even tier 2. If their editorial pages are skewed (I would argue they are skewed towards the elite status quo, not the left), they keep the firewall up for the news.

There is no "righty" equivalent except for WSJ for business. WSJ straight "news" reporting is only an extension of its editorial pages. That's the Murdoch model.

I hate Princeton and Harvard as much as anybody here, but if they're the best they're the best. The solution is not to tear them down, it's to build something better.
                    Kep

Didn't both WaPo and NYT admit that their internal biases skewed their coverage of the last election?

It's my bias that both were so far in the tank for the Democrats that they drowned in their smugness.

BTW, The Globe was also left leaning, but at least they cover local news first, something the WaPo has forgotten.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                      It's my bias that both were so far in the tank for the Democrats that they drowned in their smugness.
                      And my bias is they are purveyors of fact, and those discomforted by fact ascribe to bias what is in reality objectivity.
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        And my bias is they are purveyors of fact, and those discomforted by fact ascribe to bias what is in reality objectivity.
                        We'll argue until Ithaca falls into the swamp, but their internal post mortems that they were willing to publish pointed out they ignored all the warning signs that the electorate was not as pro Hillary as they thought/wished.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Since Bezos bought the Post in 2013, here's one of the things they employ from a Business Insider article:

That's helped it take a more data-driven approach. It (The Post) now employs common web strategies like "A/B testing" to track how different headlines and story framings affect readership for each story. It also created a program that takes articles from other publications and asks readers which ones they'd rather read.
                          So it would seem they now lean toward trying to tell people what they want to hear. Which is what most news outlets do, and it's one reason why we perceive so much more bias than before IMO.
                          Originally posted by WiscTJK
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                          Originally posted by Timothy A
                          Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            We'll argue until Ithaca falls into the swamp, but their internal post mortems that they were willing to publish pointed out they ignored all the warning signs that the electorate was not as pro Hillary as they thought/wished.
                            They were discussing this very thing on the Sunday morning political talkies - saw it briefly on both NBC and (or course) Fox - that both papers reported how they blew their campaign coverage.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              So it would seem they now lean toward trying to tell people what they want to hear. Which is what most news outlets do, and it's one reason why we perceive so much more bias than before IMO.
                              It's analogous to people watching Fox or the Daily Show. People like being told that what they already "know" is the truth.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                It's analogous to people watching Fox or the Daily Show. People like being told that what they already "know" is the truth.
                                Mostly yes; sometimes no if it's truth they can't admit to themselves. Folks here didn't like "Jonathan Pie" and his take on the election. (He's pretty much Jon Steward, or Colbert, or Trevor Noah.)

Disclaimer: NSFW (lots of f-bombs)
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLG9g7BcjKs

Admittedly it's long. For the short form, just start at 3:46.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X