Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    The Turd Reich.
    Must spread rep
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      I read the Daily Mail. I'll read the WashTimes or Bloomberg. And I just came back from the DailyKos.

Diversity, Kep, diversity.
      Outside of Bloomberg, those are all wacko sites. And even Bloomberg, like Forbes, it depends what you're reading since they have a large segment of essentially stay at home bloggers providing content for them.

That may be diversity of opinion, but it's hardly diversity of quality. They're all bad.

Comment

• Re: Campaign XXVI: The Drumpf World Order

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Just imagine Rudy being the face of America to Foreign Heads of State...

*shudder*
        Hey, don't forget the message we're sending to the rest of the world with John Bolton being the UN Ambassador (again). That's not going to be lost on many countries.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          We should just allcon an email to all the heads of state. "Hi everyone. 2016 has been such a bad year we thought we would try to loosen things up a bit. So, for the next four years, instead of diplomats and statesmen, we are going to send you dancing monkeys. We hope you will be amused by them, but please beware they have a tendency to throw their own feces. If needed, we understand if you have to put them to sleep. Serious people will be back in 2020."
          Oliver had an absolutely brilliant line about hindsight and the election in 2020.
          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            ... let him put his hand on the Bible before seeing if he screws up...
            Uh, does he know what a Bible is?
            http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...e-fail/478425/
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Sure they will. They arent loyal to him and they would much rather have his VP anyways. Plus they arent going to risk the backlash in midterms.
              You just said (implied?) the magic words: Mike Pence.

I'm not sure if the GOP in Congress is more worried about Trump or Pence. Either could be their nemesis and undoing.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                You're going to get both. Rudy as Secretary of State. Sessions as Attorney General.
                Rudy as SecState. Why? Because the town he was mayor in housed the UN? Or is this some 18 month "thanks" assignment before off to pasture?

The GOP has to have something better ... even Bolton would at least have a clue beyond NYC. There. I said it.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

From the sounds of it it is more that it was under his leadership they courted the racists. Although he has been heard to make comments about Jews before.

The best way to answer is that we dont know.
                  Yeah, ok, fair enough. That was kind of what I gathered from the mainstream news I briefly saw, but I really couldn't tell. I had heard the quote about the Jews that his wife alleged in the court proceeding.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    What's odd is that they are red in presidential elections, blue in Senate and House (generally). For Governor, State House, and State Senate they are a mixed bag.
                    Rep Collin Peterson is a good dude.
                    If I lived on that side of the river I'd keep him around.
                    I don't always agree with him, but nor should I or any politician.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Outside of Bloomberg, those are all wacko sites. And even Bloomberg, like Forbes, it depends what you're reading since they have a large segment of essentially stay at home bloggers providing content for them.

That may be diversity of opinion, but it's hardly diversity of quality. They're all bad.
                      RE: Bloomberg, yeah, Forbes is the "loyal opposition" or reflection in the mirror.

Sounds like you don't like those starting QBs. Which "backups" do you read? I'm interested.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        RE: Bloomberg, yeah, Forbes is the "loyal opposition" or reflection in the mirror.

Sounds like you don't like those starting QBs. Which "backups" do you read? I'm interested.
                        The Economist and NY Times are my standards, along with NPR. Occasionally the BBC, The Atlantic. CBS' morning show while I'm getting ready for work.

I'll read other major city newspapers when linked for content. I'll read the crap you read to see what the daily lies...err...talking points will be, or for a few laughs. I don't read them to learn actual factual reporting.

I avoid all cable news stations like the plague. If I want to kill brain cells, I'd rather drink.
                        Last edited by unofan; 11-15-2016, 09:06 AM.

Comment

What's odd is that they are red in presidential elections, blue in Senate and House (generally). For Governor, State House, and State Senate they are a mixed bag.
                          Could explain how they (w MN) fell hard for Trump. OK with the right kind of government, moderate social issues and conservative protectionism.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Then whatever the heck John Roberts is holding to have him put his hand on, even if it's an "easy button"...

Comment

I'm with Scooby, but not for the same reasons.

I don't think Congress would impeach him because that would be disastrous optics for the party. The "GOP in civil war" narrative has been effectively quashed and shifted to the Democrats. The party leaders would be insane to allow that narrative to be pushed back onto them. Unless Trump is truly and historically bad.
                              First off I didnt say they would impeach him I said it is an "impeachable offense".

Second, they get to play the moral high ground if they do it. (remember they dont have to throw him out...just impeach him) They showed when the optics told them too they would abandon Trump (and then of course return to him when no one cared) and with the media backlash that would come (it would make the Hillary Email stuff look like a random Facebook clickbait) they would consider it more than you think.

It wont happen anyways so it is not something worth worrying about IMHO.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hey, don't forget the message we're sending to the rest of the world with John Bolton being the UN Ambassador (again). That's not going to be lost on many countries.
                                I blocked that out

Sica,

The Congressional GOP likes Pence more than Trump. Pence is a true Republican Fundy...not a con man who is already walking away from some of the party's stances.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X