X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign XXVI: The Drumpf World Order

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Awesome. This is so awesome I can't even describe it. Thanks for posting that.
    I dont even have words if that is true...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
      Obvious statement is obvious.

Except to 60,071,650 Americans.
      But hey...at least those 90 thousand Michiganders that left the Presidential Ballot blank got to stick it to the man! Nothing says America quite like telling everyone else they can kiss your [expletive deleted]!

As for stocks...they will be fine. Things will soar for at least a few months until they see Drumpf in action. If he starts a trade war...well I bet Buffet has a nice bet against going just in case.

Wall Street is happy cause most likely Government Sachs (or a variation of it) lives!
      Last edited by Handyman; 11-11-2016, 12:25 PM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        But hey...at least those 90 thousand Michiganders that left the Presidential Ballot blank got to stick it to the man! Nothing says America quite like telling everyone else they can kiss your [expletive deleted]!
        It's wasn't a KMA! It was a big FU!
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Yeah. It's so cool sticking it to the man by putting in power the man who swallowed the Golden Rule. ****ted it out. And Flushed it down the toilet.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I dont even have words if that is true...
            Arrest them. I don't if they're 10 years old, that is assault, and regardless of who's president, it is illegal. Teach them and their parents a tough lesson. Trump got away with this kind of bull****, but that doesn't mean the laws aren't still there.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
              Early morning ramble alert: Read and discard.

In addition to the fact that we now have an eighth-grader in the WH (and I challenge anyone to show that his emotional maturity is not at about that level), one aspect of this which bothers me a lot is that it will be seen as validation of the tactics the GOP has used over the last 25 years. For some, HRC was a bad choice because of the policies we expected from her administration. I count Kepler and many of the rest of us in that category. But for a very large number, she was poisonous as a result of a vague but unshakable belief that she was a fraud, a belief tied to endless messages about the Foundation, Benghazi, emails, etc. It started with Bill. The vast majority of all that was unproven innuendo, but it worked. Politics is a contact sport, always has been, so all is fair. But it has a stroke of genius for that party to, on one hand, create a feeling of doubt and mistrust in the benefit of knowledge and education by ridiculing the "intellectual elite," denying man's role in global warming, celebrating creationism, etc., and then capitalize on ignorance and the fear that usually goes along with it by using boogeyman tactics and appealing to base prejudices we should be trying to free ourselves from. It is so justification, in my mind, to simply say people were sick of Washington. They just elected someone who bragged about being a one-percenter who has never in his life shown any interest whatsoever in lifting a finger to help the "common man." To the contrary.

Trump ran a disastrous campaign. Every time he opened his mouth his image suffered. But the party had run a very effective campaign for a generation which, it appeared, might backfire by creating an angry, ignorant mob that would turn on its inciters. But in the end the mob did not turn against those who created it--at least not on election night--so all of those strategies have been confirmed as an effective way to obtain power. I thought people were a little smarter. Not a lot, but enough. I was wrong.

The low to middle income people will suffer from this choice, as will the environment and minority groups who did not fit into the 50s culture here. But the Country is pretty resilient, and social progress will move on because Trump's constituency is a dying breed. I do fear what might happen abroad though. A president may not be able to control domestic policy, but it can sure as he!! cause catastrophic harm in foreign policy.

Soft supporters of Trump continue to point out that liberals failed to appreciate the amount of distrust the average voter feels in what Washington is doing. Certainly the change from a manufacturing economy to a service economy, for one thing, has affected many of us in a very real and negative way. But simply recognizing that many people live a life of struggle does not explain or justify the Trump victory in my mind. The anger and fear that motivated the Trump vote was consciously engineered, effectively and over time. It tee'd up the email, Benghazi ball and shortened the hole. It worked. It is easy to say that such fear mongering ignorance-based tactics cannot continue to work for long because the demographics are changing, but ignorance and fear work with all of us, regardless of skin color, gender, sexual preference, religious choice, or political persuasion. Liberals are experiencing it now.

I have to apologize for some of this if you took the time to read it all. I won't even reread or edit it. Sometimes you just have to blurt it out. But now I don't have to kick the dog, though it would be nice to have a gopher fan nearby.
              You're not really wrong about any of this but when the guy got less votes than Mitt it's obvious that the bigger issue was on the other side not being excited rather than this strategy "working".

Comment

Scooby,

The story at the U might be a fake. (it isnt looking good) The police have no record of it and apparently she took down her post.

Any person who is faking this crap is scum. You are nothing but attention seeking sickos that are making it harder for the people who actually are dealing with this stuff.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Scooby,

The story at the U might be a fake. (it isnt looking good) The police have no record of it and apparently she took down her post.

Any person who is faking this crap is scum. You are nothing but attention seeking sickos that are making it harder for the people who actually are dealing with this stuff.
                  That's extremely sad and a cry for help.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    Actually it might be. I am tired of living in a world where we let people do dumb things without telling them they are doing dumb things. Trump just won the presidency by discarding any semblance of filters. I say it's time to speak to people in loud clear words exactly how stupidly they've behaved. Some of the bad things that are going to happen in the coming months and years were going to happen no matter who won on Tuesday. But plenty of them are going to be because 6 million Democratic voters were dumb. They need to be told that. Again and again.
                    Well they did that in this election basically and it didn't work. They are dumb and they cut off their nose to spite their face but you need to get them to vote this time and telling them they're stupid for not voting in a somewhat weak candidate isn't gonna help.
                    Last edited by trixR4kids; 11-11-2016, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Well you did that in this election basically and it didn't work.
                      Yeah, the double standard is fun. One side wins by lying and being racist. The other side can't lie and can't call anybody any names cause it might hurt their little feelings.

**** this planet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Yeah, the double standard is fun. One side wins by lying and being racist. The other side can't lie and can't call anybody any names cause it might hurt their little feelings.

**** this planet.
                        Thats not really what I'm saying though. They could do that and if it works go for it. I don't really care what the democrats have to do to win they just need to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Thats not really what I'm saying though. They could do that and if it works go for it. I don't really care what the democrats have to do to win they just need to do it.
                          I didn't say you said it. I know what you meant. I pointing out the BS world liberals have to live in.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

**** this planet.
                            The libs certainly didn't call people racist, sexist, deplorable, etc.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

So the other day I told you about my karate instructor whose daughter is at Depaul...her daughter just had racist stuff yelled at her in a CVS in Chicago. I know her daughter quite well...she is soft spoken and never engages. Also, she is a 4th degree Black Belt and one of the best point fighters in the world...they are lucky she doesnt have a temper.

This is not ok...
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                                The libs certainly didn't call people racist, sexist, deplorable, etc.
                                If you vote for a racist then you are racist. Period. If you vote for a sexist. You are sexist.

And IMO they're all deplorable. Every last one of them.

Comment

Working...
                                X