X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Campaign XXVI: The Drumpf World Order

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    And for the very few laws I have broken and have been caught for, I have paid whatever price that was dealt to me. FTR, that would be a parking ticket, and two fixit tickets. If I had been caught speeding on the way to Houghton (and I have sped) and if I was pulled over, I'd have paid the ticket. *shrug* I broke the law, knew the consequences.
    Interesting anecdote. Once, I was pulled over for speeding (going 70+ in a 55 zone). the officer asked me how fast was I going. I said, "around 72 mph or so." He looked startled. Then he said, "okay, I'm going to issue a citation where you pay a fine, but it won't be a speeding ticket, because you were honest with me."
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      The jackboots are out in the streets. This is the America they wanted. this is the America they voted for.

And for those on here who say they didn't support Trump or his rhetoric, I leave two quotes.

People always look back at the rise of the Third Reich and say, "it could never happen here", "we're too smart to allow that to happen", "we'd never fall for that kind of thing".

Well just open your eyes and take a look around you. This isn't the kind of America I want to be living in. Do you?

But this is what you voted for.
      The thing is...every day Drumpf doesnt help fight this is further proof that the vile rhetoric he spewed wasnt just to fleece the haters, but because he IS a hater. There is no false equivalency for that.

Which is why it is ironic Frauddy is so happy...Drumpf is about to do everything he has warned us about. But its ok cause he isnt Obama
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hillary won Orange County, CA. First time a Dem has ever won that.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Medicare has lower overhead.
          That is an extremely misleading statistic. Technically, it is not at all a true statement. Money lost to fraud is not counted as part of overhead when technically it should be, as fraud is a result of lax oversight.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Trump has tweeted that he wants Trey "Benghazi Hearing" Gowdy as Attorney General. I hope Black Lives Matter enjoys all the arrests.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              The jackboots are out in the streets.
              I didn't see the 200 arrested in LA last night wearing those. The riot cops, yes; the rioters, no.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                That is an extremely misleading statistic. Technically, it is not at all a true statement. Money lost to fraud is not counted as part of overhead when technically it should be, as fraud is a result of lax oversight.
                You wanna bet on this? I bet if they privatize Social Security bankruptcies over Medical issues increases at least 25%.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  You can teach without being condescending.

You can teach by leading by example.
                  Of course you can. My point is that you're not as above the fray as you seem to think. Think gun discussions.

Comment

Trump has tweeted that he wants Trey "Benghazi Hearing" Gowdy as Attorney General.
                    With all the good current and former prosecutors out there, him?

< facepalm >

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                      Of course you can. My point is that you're not as above the fray as you seem to think. Think gun discussions.
                      I never claimed to be perfect.

(See my statements yesterday about all of us continually needing to be reminded of the fundamentals.)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I wonder if people will finally wake up when the first legislation starts to come through and the Cabinet from Hell is formed? I somehow doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          Actually it might be. I am tired of living in a world where we let people do dumb things without telling them they are doing dumb things. Trump just won the presidency by discarding any semblance of filters. I say it's time to speak to people in loud clear words exactly how stupidly they've behaved. Some of the bad things that are going to happen in the coming months and years were going to happen no matter who won on Tuesday. But plenty of them are going to be because 6 million Democratic voters were dumb. They need to be told that. Again and again.
                          People will do dumb things their entire life. That's why we're human and not robots or brainwashed drones. As someone said, "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

This may have been a brilliant election result or a disaster. Or it may muddle through having soring ideas and little accomplishments, or middling ideas and soaring accomplishments.

Who knows? The electorate went completely outside the box on this one. There is no precedent. We'll see.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            With all the good current and former prosecutors out there, him?

< facepalm >
                            Are you really that surprised?

Just wait until he picks a Creationist as his Science adviser...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I wonder if people will finally wake up when the first legislation starts to come through and the Cabinet from Hell is formed? I somehow doubt it.
                              You didn't get the official photograph of the new Cabinet?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Are you really that surprised?

Just wait until he picks a Creationist as his Science adviser...
                                Science is dead in this country. Dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X