X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign XXVI: The Drumpf World Order

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Trump has 0 supporters from coal country?

What are you on?
    Pennsylvania...Ohio...West Virginia?
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Trump has 0 supporters from coal country?

What are you on?
      Coal industry employs 65k people. That's 0.1% of Trump voters. Even if there are 5 families that are supported by each coal miner (which sounds high)...that is approximately...um...0%.

Regardless of what you may believe, Trump won't be supporting the poor that voted for him. In the end, the effect of coal on this country's poor will be negligible and the GOP never, ever provides relief on taxes for the poor while typically making them pay more.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        Coal industry employs 65k people. That's 0.1% of Trump voters. Even if there are 5 families that are supported by each coal miner (which sounds high)...that is approximately...um...0%.

Regardless of what you may believe, Trump won't be supporting the poor that voted for him. In the end, the effect of coal on this country's poor will be negligible and the GOP never, ever provides relief on taxes for the poor while typically making them pay more.
        You know what the word example means, right? He didn't say the coal industry is the reason he won.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          You know what the word example means, right? He didn't say the coal industry is the reason he won.
          Yeah. I was responding to a tangent off a detail. People have a tendency to pick at details here while missing the broader point.

The broader point is as I already said - which was counter to Walrus' broader point - is that Trump really only spent time campaigning on Coal. Did you hear anything in the debates about helping farmers? I didn't. He's talked about inner cities. Do you think he's going to going to spend much capital reinventing the ghettos? In the end, the GOP does the poor no favors in its tax policy and outside of his stated extreme focus on coal, the Trump presidency in all likelihood is a major net lose for the poor.
          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            1. Telling dumb people they are dumb isn't going to make them smart
            -And a lot of intelligent people voted for Trump my parents included. Neither are racist, misogynist nor homophobic
            2. Educate and provide information
            My information that I'd like to keep passing on is that if you say, "I just don't care" in the face of racism/misogyny/homophobia, then yes, you are those things.

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            Me, posting here, created Donald Trump.
            So you admit your wrong, but who cares, because none of it really matters, right? Nobody is surprised you'd take the coward's way out again. You're even too pathetic to take ownership for your own behavior.
            Originally posted by dicaslover
            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Yeah. I was responding to a tangent off a detail. People have a tendency to pick at details here while missing the broader point.

The broader point is as I already said - which was counter to Walrus' broader point - is that Trump really only spent time campaigning on Coal. Did you hear anything in the debates about helping farmers? I didn't. He's talked about inner cities. Do you think he's going to going to spend much capital reinventing the ghettos? In the end, the GOP does the poor no favors in its tax policy and outside of his stated extreme focus on coal, the Trump presidency in all likelihood is a major net lose for the poor.
              If you don't see why he pulled the farmers you haven't been paying attention. I've posted about it about 5 times.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                My information that I'd like to keep passing on is that if you say, "I just don't care" in the face of racism/misogyny/homophobia, then yes, you are those things.

So you admit your wrong, but who cares, because none of it really matters, right? Nobody is surprised you'd take the coward's way out again. You're even too pathetic to take ownership for your own behavior.
                And you're still wrong. Don't worry, you'll get it some day.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  If you don't see why he pulled the farmers you haven't been paying attention. I've posted about it about 5 times.
                  I know why he won them. The same reason the GOP wins them every time. I also know he won't deliver.

One example that doesn't mention the word 'taxation': http://grist.org/briefly/the-farmers...isappointment/
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Wisconsin? I'm at a loss.
                    I keep hearing comments like this as if it's a surprise.

btw you're a Fawker fan living in WI - do two wrongs make a right?

Comment

Read an article that in Wisconsin, the number of GOP votes from 2012 to 2016 was constant. The number of Dem votes declined.

So if you want, you could say that Wisconsin did not vote for tD, but refused to vote for Clinton.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I also know he won't deliver.
                        That makes him different from other politicians?
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Read an article that in Wisconsin, the number of GOP votes from 2012 to 2016 was constant. The number of Dem votes declined.

So if you want, you could say that Wisconsin did not vote for tD, but refused to vote for Clinton.
                          Just before the election, I saw a map out of a Stanford study that showed that Obama won the western half (rural areas) of western WI. From Madison westward to the Mississippi and north to Superior. I was surprised. When that vote had not yet come in...I relaxed a bit figuring that Hillary would win it also. She did not and that region of the country had one of the largest swings of support from D to R that occurred in this election and it cost WI.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            That makes him different from other politicians?
                            Yeah, it does. Remember that the stated primary goal of the GOP was to stop every single Obama policy. Trump has free reign...I'd bet you serious money he doesn't lower taxes on the poor.

Regardless, do you doubt that the Dems would try to raise taxes on the rich as promised? They say they're going to do it...and they try every time.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

Yeah, it does. Remember that the stated primary goal of the GOP was to stop every single Obama policy. Trump has free reign...I'd bet you serious money he doesn't lower taxes on the poor.

Regardless, do you doubt that the Dems would try to raise taxes on the rich as promised? They say they're going to do it...and they try every time.
                              I'm pretty cynical, yes I doubt it. Did they do it when Obama had both the house and the senate?

BTW I wouldn't take that bet. Trump is going to make money for trump and all the friends of Trump(dead kennedys). As would Hilary
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

btw you're a Fawker fan living in WI - do two wrongs make a right?
                                In that I have a right to be wrong, yes. Well, maybe being that stupid is a privilege, not a right. What do I know--my state voted for the guy.

Someday, Kelly Conway will be an interesting interview, though it will probably come in a book of her own. She's a pollster herself and has lived by them. Was she herself shocked by this?

Comment

Working...
                                X