X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign XXVI: The Drumpf World Order

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    do we spend something like 90% of health care dollars on the first month and last 6 months of life?

without government mandated coverage for old people we would inadvertently control and correct the social security problem
    But we can't address the latter with advance directives, mookie, because of DEATH SQUADS! Sarah says it is so.

Comment

I remember. Obamacare was supposed to introduce competition between insurance companies for millions of people put on the rolls. It also was supposed to help prevent the epidemic of people having to declare bankruptcy just because they got sick.

Instead the competition decreased. The insurance companies don't want those people. But, hey, if they're going to get them they're going to charge for them.

How does privatizing Medicare any different? It's not. It's so interesting that the most successful health care plan in the United States is the one that the Republicans want to "fix". If that doesn't tell people something, what will? I have that answer as well. NOTHING.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        But we can't address the latter with advance directives, mookie, because of DEATH SQUADS! Sarah says it is so.
        death squad just another way of saying insurance
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          That editor is a moron. I get what he is saying...but you dont combat a racist by being a racist.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            I wonder how Trump voters will feel when they kill Obamacare and the cost of medical care continues to rise?
            Somehow I don't think that finding a new random boogeyman to pin the problems on will give them any trouble.
            Health care seems to be one of those things, like interstate highways and military forces, where any half-measure is likely to be worse than all-or-nothing (privatize or go single-payer). When you partially privatize with all kinds of regulations and decrees and rules about who needs to be covered for what, costs are obviously going to skyrocket to cover those costs. Either give us our money back, or tax everyone, FOR everyone. Do one or the other. It looks like Trump is going to go along with Obama's 'death by a thousand nibbles' approach instead.
            I for one see a clear societal obligation to cover for the people that really need help, so: single-payer.
            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              That editor is a moron. I get what he is saying...but you dont combat a racist by being a racist.
              Which was pretty much the crux of the article. There's been this movement from the MSM that the Dems need to court these "working class whites" that Trump "won" and a lot of liberals are basically saying "wait a tick."
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Yep. Simplest solution is Medicare for all, and increase taxes by some amount, but less than what it would cost for them to buy private insurance. In the long run, it becomes cheaper per patient because now you have a pool of millions of healthy individuals paying in and using fewer(comparitively) services, instead of your pool of patients being the oldest and sickest of society.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

At the very least, we should learn from this election. Here's what I come away with.

Those who voted for Trump are deplorable.
                  Those who consider themselves Republicans are vile and loathsome.
                  Gopher fans are somewhere beneath the above.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    And from the second paragraph in that article:

Funded a police force. Homes for their workers. A community as it were. Because these business owners realized that they were a community, their fortunes rose and fell with teach other. Together.

That's the huge lesson that today's corporatist America has forgotten, or just ignores outright. Now it's every man out for themselves, and grab yourself the biggest share of the pie you can. Everyone else can, in the words of Donald Trump, "go fuk themselves".
                    I'm living in a ghost town created in such a way by a bunch of Boston investors to mine copper. Life really, really, sucked for those people stuck in paternalistic company towns. Something like 1/30 died on the job. Those injured too severely to work were given 30 days to move out of the company's house. They were essentially a slave labor force. My great-grandfather moved to Detroit to work for Mr. Ford and thought he was in paradise after hauling rock for 10 years from the age of 12.
                    The police forces, schools, stores, libraries, churches, sports teams, parks, EVERYTHING reinforced the company's position of power. There were a lot of deaths in strikes a hundred years ago before the gov't took back some of that power by requiring workers comp, overtime, etc. and the unions gained some negotiating traction in exchange for giving up communist agitation. (everywhere except on the Iron Range )
                    The capitalists and regulators have been at odds ever since, and it's worked pretty well for the most part.
                    Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                      At the very least, we should learn from this election. Here's what I come away with.

Methinks thou...

Comment

Clinton invited to an administrative position... Ambassador to Libya. https://ihavethetruth.com/2016/11/10...lary-key-role/

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Which was pretty much the crux of the article. There's been this movement from the MSM that the Dems need to court these "working class whites" that Trump "won" and a lot of liberals are basically saying "wait a tick."
                          I don't want to court then but they need to listen to them. The Dems need to go left.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

At the time, I never thought a little harmless fun would plant the seeds of apocalyptic destruction. It's like the first half of Carrie, but much much worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

Minnesota stayed Blue...unlike the state you reside in and the one you cheer for
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Minnesota stayed Blue...unlike the state you reside in and the one you cheer for
                                Alas, my brothers in ND are a political lost cause. Wisconsin? I'm at a loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X