Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Secretary of Harem Security
    I'll put that old flaccid pig hasn't gotten it up in 10 years and 8 months.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
      Aaaaaaaaand Rogers is replaced by Frank Gaffney, who is basically Flaggy: http://www.brendan-nyhan.com/blog/20...its-obama.html
      Wow.

Conspiracy theories Gaffney has promoted include:

The belief that former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein was involved in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and the Oklahoma City bombing.[54][55]

Accusations that Republican Party strategist Grover Norquist is a secret agent of the Muslim Brotherhood. In 2014, Gaffney claimed that Norquist had "been working with the enemy for over a decade."[56] (Responding to the accusation, the board of directors of the American Conservative Union unanimously condemned Gaffney's charges as "reprehensible" and "unfounded."[57])

Accusations that Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin is a secret agent of the Muslim Brotherhood.[58] (After the allegation was repeated by Michele Bachmann, U.S. senators John McCain, Scott Brown, and Marco Rubio joined in dismissing it, and Speaker of the United States House of Representatives John Boehner said "accusations like this being thrown around are pretty dangerous."[59])[60]

Accusations that Barack Obama is a Muslim who has secretly orchestrated "the most consequential bait-and-switch since Adolf Hitler", that Gen. David Petraeus had "submitted to Sharia", that congressman Keith Ellison is "likely to leak information to the Muslim Brotherhood", and that deputies in the Broward County Sheriff's department are "directly tied to Hamas.[61][62]

The belief that the logo of the U.S. Missile Defense Agency is a coded indicator of "official U.S. submission to Islam" because it "appears ominously to reflect a morphing of the Islamic crescent and star".[63]

The belief that the responsibility-to-protect norm has been supported by the United States government to lay the groundwork for a forthcoming American military invasion of Israel.[64]
      Last edited by Kepler; 11-15-2016, 09:19 PM.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        And internet dominance will move forever away from America.

Good.

We aren't the world, and the sooner we find that out the better for everyone.

Trump is just going to put that process into overdrive.
        Where to? Are people going to start listening to the BBC and RT?
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
          Here's the reputation comment I got from someone here, for the post above that I wrote.

I think someone's just a weeeeee bit sensitive. Also, methinks thou dost protest too much.
          Dutchman gave me the exact same comment. Methinks we've got a #WhinyLittleB1tch who lurks here.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            No, it will dissipate around the globe, which is how the internet ought to work. American and English-language de facto control of the internet is convenient for us and for American companies, and in the short run may actually help protect the internet to some degree, but in the long run it's like American control of the global financial system. Obscenely unfair, and obviously temporary.
            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Here's the reputation comment I got from someone here, for the post above that I wrote.

I think someone's just a weeeeee bit sensitive. Also, methinks thou dost protest too much.
              Well, I thought it was funny and repping you sent you over the edge into brilliant- welcome to max rep (I haven't scored a goal in a while!- Rep Lodge reference)

Yikes- Orwell really is looking brilliant right now. THis guy has a fixation on the Brotherhood.

I do that already.

Comment

Happily Carson is out as Ed Chief but what will the replacement be? Scary thought.

Comment

what a shame the british will be able to influence the u.s. elections!!!!
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

No, it will dissipate around the globe, which is how the internet ought to work. American and English-language de facto control of the internet is convenient for us and for American companies, and in the short run may actually help protect the internet to some degree, but in the long run it's like American control of the global financial system. Obscenely unfair, and obviously temporary.
                    Not so sure. Too lazy to look it up. But a cursory look says each country's citizens primarily read news stories put out by its own sources - the Germans read Der Spiegel. The US just is so insulated that one wouldn't know that and assume that CNN and Fox are the world standards. Fox News proper has almost no reach outside of the US. None of this should change.

Now you could say that the internet might be less dominated by stories about the US...that's possible, but not super likely. For others around the world, the US is either interesting, messed up or scary.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Happily Carson is out as Ed Chief but what will the replacement be? Scary thought.
                      Carson is so dumb (remember his theory on the Egyptian pyramids? ), it can't be Palin. So unfortunately, that means it has to be an evil genius rather than an evil dolt.

Comment

So, with Pen-sieve picking the transition team, it has to be all but official that he's guiding the selection of a cabinet as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          Carson is so dumb (remember his theory on the Egyptian pyramids? ), it can't be Palin. So unfortunately, that means it has to be an evil genius rather than an evil dolt.
                          For HHS, you'll need somebody who is used to the byzantine world of the bureaucracy and knows how to get what he/she wants by knowing where the bodies are buried.

Find a retired supply Sargeant.

Agriculture - nobody from Monsanto.

Pentagon - is TRW still around?

Interior - A native American

NASA - think Elon Musk wants a federal job?

State - I heard tD wants Rudy.

Justice - A Michigan man or woman.

EPA - the head of PSE&G. Don't laugh.

SEC - Liz

More to come after I finish my Diet Dr Pepper.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            So, with Pen-sieve picking the transition team, it has to be all but official that he's guiding the selection of a cabinet as well.
                            Don't call him Pen-sieve, it makes him sound like a deep thinker.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Don't call him Pen-sieve, it makes him sound like a deep thinker.
                              My mom started calling him "Pensive". It was only natural I took the next step, and went with the more appropriate play-on-words.

Comment

Not so sure. Too lazy to look it up. But a cursory look says each country's citizens primarily read news stories put out by its own sources - the Germans read Der Spiegel. The US just is so insulated that one wouldn't know that and assume that CNN and Fox are the world standards. Fox News proper has almost no reach outside of the US. None of this should change.

Now you could say that the internet might be less dominated by stories about the US...that's possible, but not super likely. For others around the world, the US is either interesting, messed up or scary.
                                Here's one proxy way of comparing.

The world's catching up -- IINM 5 years ago English language articles were well over 50% of Wikipedia. Now we're around 30%. When we're down to 5% the internet will be "fair and balanced."
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X