Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    I don't think that's true, although I'm not sure how accurate this chart is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United....S._Senate.png
    http://people.com/politics/trump-gop...supreme-court/

Ok, maybe W. had one too.

http://wiredpen.com/resources/politi...ss-presidency/
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Four years is a short time period? That's two entire election cycles.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
        What happened those years?
        Bad things.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          I edited my post before I saw this, but yes, in a country with a 240 year history, 4 years is a very short time period.
          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

If this website is legitimate, it is brilliant. A concrete way to start to deliver on the promises of his acceptance speech, right away.

https://apply.ptt.gov/yourstory/

I'm sure they'll have to filter through a lot of nasty responses to get to the good ones.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

It is really a sad commentary on our times that the people who were most vocal in insisting that everyone accept the results of the election are now the same people out rioting because they don't like the results of the election.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Bad things.
                Hmmmm. That's not how much of our electorate remembers it.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Is that except for the years 2001 t0 2007?

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html
                  I was going to say, weren't the Bush years like that? Apparently they were!
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I was going to say, weren't the Bush years like that? Apparently they were!
                    Yay 8 more years of Bush. Time to start battening down the hatches. I wonder what bubble is going to destroy the economy this time?
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Does that really work? Huh.
                      Or open in an incognito browser window.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

This divisive rhetoric after the election is going a bit overboard....

"Trump to evict black family from public housing in January." The word "evict" is a bit misleading. :facepalm:
                        Last edited by FreshFish; 11-10-2016, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          Yay 8 more years of Bush. Time to start battening down the hatches. I wonder what bubble is going to destroy the economy this time?
                          This one's gonna be different.

On foreign policy Trump will not be getting us into wars, at least intentionally. His foreign policy will be something halfway between a protection racket and pulling down his pants and comparing dick size.

On domestic policy, Trump will be Dubya cubed. Get ready for massive tax cuts for the rich, shredding civil rights and civil liberties, and the rest of the government and the country falling into ruin.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Four years is longer than the duration of American involvement in WW2.

It's approximately a tenth of how long it will it will take the US to fully recover from Dubya.

But he had 8, so maybe with Trump it will only take 20 years.

Hope.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

On domestic policy, [I haven't really paid any attention to actual proposals, I'm just displaying my knee-jerk prejudice]
                              For example,

Mr. Trump proposed a new benefit [as an alternative to an increase in the minimum wage]: allowing families to deduct child-care expenses on their income taxes. For a single-parent household with no income-tax liability—the families that Democrats target with their minimum-wage message—this [proposal alone] wouldn’t do much good. So Mr. Trump offered an alternative: an expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) to offset child-care expenses.
                              To be eligible for the EITC a person must hold a job and earn income. The size of the annual payment depends not on tax liability, but on how much the employee earns and how many children he or she has. Payments phase out gradually as income rises, to avoid the counterproductive “cliff” effect that characterizes other social-welfare programs.

Economists have found much to like about the policy: A 2008 study, ..., found that when the [EITC] credit has been expanded in the past, employment of single mothers rose. So did their wages. Mr. Trump would build on this success by further expanding the credit to help cover eligible child-care expenses. ...

Because it boosts pay through the tax code rather than a mandate on employers, the EITC is a pro-work alternative to raising the minimum wage. Consider the math in Pennsylvania, where Mr. Trump delivered his speech: The state’s minimum wage is $7.25, or $15,080 a year. For a single parent with two children who is working full time, the federal EITC would be roughly $5,550. In other words, it increases this parent’s gross pay by a third. This creates an effective hourly wage (before other safety-net benefits are included) of $9.92 an hour.

Mr. Trump would add up to $575 to this transfer payment, calculated as half of the $1,150 that the employee had deducted in payroll taxes. This would bump the effective hourly pay up to $10.19 an hour. That’s similar to the current minimum wage in deep-blue states like Massachusetts ($10) and Connecticut ($9.60). It’s also consistent with the $10.10 figure that President Obama championed as recently as 2014.
                              This one is Ivanka's idea, and so it likely has a good chance of being implemented. Congress also would like it.
                              Last edited by FreshFish; 11-10-2016, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Four years is longer than the duration of American involvement in WW2.

It's approximately a tenth of how long it will it will take the US to fully recover from Dubya.

But he had 8, so maybe with Trump it will only take 20 years.

Hope.
                                dude, it was bubba that signed away glass-steagall. dubya had the bad fortune of taking office after that f up.
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X