Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    There was another one with way more signatories in Spring. They were all GOP leaning folks. What would these people have to gain politically? They are career people. They aren't at the whim of a party or president.
    Find it, but I'm willing to bet that it's a similar group to the letter I found.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

The thing I am very curious about and have yet to get one person to answer me - The complaint the HRC was a security risk.
      I guess that happens when you are "extremely careless" with security protocols....
      Then >100 GOP National Security people comeo out in an open letter saying he is scary.
      did they give any reasons other than, "we don't like his rhetoric"?
      a) why would they do this? I can't think of a reason that would benefit them.
      their emotions got the better of their discernment; that happened to a lot of people this election! Intelligent people are vulnerable to emotional manipulation, and this Cialdini guy who worked for Obama in 2012 (there is a NY Times article about him, I'm locked out of my "five free articles" until Dec though) also worked for Clinton. They succeeded in making Trump into a big scary monster when he is an impulsive human being who views talking as negotiating steps where everyone else expects talking to be what the person actually means, not as step one on five steps to what he actually means.

If you want to be reassured about the prospects of a Trump presidency, check out Scott Adams' blog. He has been uncannily accurate the past year. http://blog.dilbert.com/ I'm just quoting the most recent post, but if you've been following him for awhile, you'd have a much better sense of how spot-on target his insights have been.

Clinton’s team of cognitive scientists and professional persuaders did a terrific job of framing Trump as scary. The illusion will wear off – albeit slowly – as you observe Trump going about the job of President and taking it seriously. You can expect him to adjust his tone and language going forward. You can expect foreign leaders to say they can work with him. You can expect him to focus on unifying an exhausted and nervous country. And you can expect him to succeed in doing so. (He’s persuasive.) Watch as Trump turns to healing. You’re going to be surprised how well he does it. But give it time.

The things people are saying about Trump now are not all that different than what people were saying about Reagan in 1980. As I recall, everything turned out okay in the end. People won't go to war with you if they are afraid you will win. I expect the world will be more peaceful with a strong decisive leader than a weak vacillating one.
      Last edited by FreshFish; 11-09-2016, 04:25 PM.
      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        I guess that happens when you are "extremely careless" with security protocols.... did they give any reasons other than, "we don't like his rhetoric"? their emotions got the better of their discernment; that happened to a lot of people this election! Intelligent people are vulnerable to emotional manipulation, and this Cialdini guy who worked for Obama in 2012 (there is a NY Times article about him, I'm locked out of my "five free articles" until Dec though) also worked for Clinton. They succeeded in making Trump into a big scary monster when he is an impulsive human being who views talking as negotiating steps where everyone else expects talking to be what the person actually means, not as step one on five steps to what he actually means.

If you want to be reassured about the prospects of a Trump presidency, check out Scott Adams' blog. He has been uncannily accurate the past year. http://blog.dilbert.com/ I'm just quoting the most recent post, but if you've been following him for awhile, you'd have a much better sense of how spot-on target his insights have been.

The things people are saying about Trump now are not all that different than what people were saying about Reagan in 1980. As I recall, everything turned out okay in the end. People won't go to war with you if they are afraid you will win. I expect the world will be more peaceful with a strong decisive leader than a weak vacillating one.
        I didn't need to have anyone help me frame his psych status. I remember the guy long before anyone was analyzing him. He has been in the news since I was in HS. Having worked in medicine for 28+ yrs and dealt with a number of people with personality disorders I have my own opinions. The pattern he exhibits is not a healthy one. If I were caring for someone who was involved with him I would tell them to run the other way

They won't avoid war if they feel there is no benefit to waiting either. We have been screwed for a while internationally. IMHO we have lost what ever bargaining power we had. If you can't trust someone to keep a deal or be predictable there is no way you are going to give them your best
        Last edited by leswp1; 11-09-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          What is "scary"? Best answer I can give is ( scary != security risk ).

I worked with a guy with an "interesting" extended family (as in Sicilian) and we both had clearances.
          Was he in sanitation? We had a neighbor that was "connected". The neighborhood was nice and quiet.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

The Hall of Presidents at Disney World will never be the same again. Will he be more orange toned than Obama in there?
            Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
              Just wait until North Korea gets on Twitter.
              Wait? Kim may be the best thing on Twitter!
              https://twitter.com/_Kim_Jongun

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
              And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
              Twenty red lights in his honor
              Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Was he in sanitation? We had a neighbor that was "connected". The neighborhood was nice and quiet.
                I once had a neighbor who was definitely connected. It was a nice, quiet neighborhood then...
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
                  Wait? Kim may be the best thing on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/_Kim_Jongun
                  he IS good!
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    (there is a NY Times article about him, I'm locked out of my "five free articles" until Dec though)
                    Clear your cookies.
                    Russell Jaslow
                    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                    U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                      Clear your cookies.
                      Does that really work? Huh.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                        I once had a neighbor who was definitely connected. It was a nice, quiet neighborhood then...
                        Let's just say how's about we all just ... fuggidabowdit.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Just read an article that this is the first time since 1929 that the GOP controlled the White House, House of Representatives and the Senate. We all know what happened that year.
                          Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                            Just read an article that this is the first time since 1929 that the GOP controlled the White House, House of Representatives and the Senate. We all know what happened that year.
                            I don't think that's true, although I'm not sure how accurate this chart is.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United....S._Senate.png
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                              Is that except for the years 2001 t0 2007?

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Is that except for the years 2001 t0 2007?

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0774721.html
                                What happened those years?
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X