Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    tell lil you survived bubba, and teddy, and bob packwood. things will be just fine.
    Except he is draftable and in environmental science. o-fer

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    We elected someone who didn't pay his workers and ran a scam University to bilk millions of dollars from regular people.
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I look forward to the hearings when a Republican in the White House has an affair and it's exposed.
    Well, this guy was caught X 3 and nothing. No story here, Move on.

The thing I am very curious about and have yet to get one person to answer me - The complaint the HRC was a security risk. Then >100 GOP National Security people comeo out in an open letter saying he is scary. a) why would they do this? I can't think of a reason that would benefit them. b) why did this get so little traction. My dad worked in Defense, This scares the crap outta me.

Anyone able to intelligently respond? I asked people who were fairly coherent tD supporters and the only thing I got was HOAX!!!!111 except I heard some of them be interviewed

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
      It takes one fisherman with a net to do the work previously done by 20 fishermen using hand lines.
      The other 19 found new productive jobs and made their community much richer as a result.

It takes one farmer with a plow to do the work previously done by 20 farmers with a hoe.
      The other 19 found new productive jobs and made their community much richer as a result.

It takes one builder with a backhoe to do the work previously done by 20 laborers with shovels.

Given this historical pattern, why should the outcome today be any different?
      It won't be in the long run, but telling that to the coal miner or the plant worker who just got laid off and now is looking at working at McDonald's for minimum wage is what gave us Donald Trump. They don't give a crap about the long run, they just know they're out of a job now.

The point is those specific manufacturing jobs aren't coming back. And the replacement jobs don't pay nearly as well. The one guy left running the machine is fine. The other 19 are probably boned, especially if they're too old to move on to their 3rd or 4th career.
      Last edited by unofan; 11-09-2016, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        tD turns the National Mall into a par 3 course.
        Nope. An executive course
        "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
        Groucho Marx
        "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
        Ron White
        "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
        Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
          Nope. An executive course
          Oh my.
          MASTERFULLY played.
          < tip of cap >
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            The thing I am very curious about and have yet to get one person to answer me - The complaint the HRC was a security risk. Then >100 GOP National Security people comeo out in an open letter saying he is scary. a) why would they do this? I can't think of a reason that would benefit them. b) why did this get so little traction. My dad worked in Defense, This scares the crap outta me.
            It is my understanding that a President has to get vetted for a security clearance just like any other common citizen. If true, this could get interesting...
            Russell Jaslow
            [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
            U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Anyone able to intelligently respond? I asked people who were fairly coherent tD supporters and the only thing I got was HOAX!!!!111 except I heard some of them be interviewed
              What is "scary"? Best answer I can give is ( scary != security risk ).

I worked with a guy with an "interesting" extended family (as in Sicilian) and we both had clearances.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Except he is draftable and in environmental science. o-fer
                we draft?!?! nope.

and environmental science is still a growth industry. lil comes up with a zero pollution process and he'll become rich. no reason to give up. that's just silly to think otherwise.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  tD turns the National Mall into a par 3 course.
                  tD has a propensity to ace holes just as often as the great leader

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    we draft?!?! nope.
                    Just wait until North Korea gets on Twitter.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      It takes one fisherman with a net to do the work previously done by 20 fishermen using hand lines.

It takes one farmer with a plow to do the work previously done by 20 farmers with a hoe.

It takes one builder with a backhoe to do the work previously done by 20 laborers with shovels.

Given this historical pattern, why should the outcome today be any different?
                      I can think of one reason. The prior changes were mechanical and restricted in scope. But with the information revolution, current and future changes are becoming more universally applicable. Past inventions just moved people around in the manufacturing chain. Present and future inventions are moving people out of the manufacturing chain.

This has happened before, twice. When herding cultures moves to agriculture, and when agricultural civilization was industrialized. But in each of the prior cases the displaced were a vastly smaller number of people, the transitions were relatively slow, and the social order was authoritarian and "managed" change simply by leaving those left behind to die.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        What's he going to do when his handlers take that away from him? Either that, or get ready for SOTU addresses in 140 characters at a time.
                        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                          still don't need a draft for that.

(now an occupying force? mookie would be first in line for this )

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                            It is my understanding that a President has to get vetted for a security clearance just like any other common citizen. If true, this could get interesting...
                            hmm

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            What is "scary"? Best answer I can give is ( scary != security risk ).

I worked with a guy with an "interesting" extended family (as in Sicilian) and we both had clearances.
                            I was too lazy to find a direct quote. Still am. They felt he would destabilize things and was not qualified. Obviously that is moot now. I just can't figure out why no one cared about this.

Comment

I just can't figure out why no one cared about this.
                              This letter? http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/08/politi...election-2016/

That wouldn't be politically based at all ... and Trump could roll out a bunch of former military to say just the opposite (again all political).

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                This letter? http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/08/politi...election-2016/

That wouldn't be politically based at all ... and Trump could roll out a bunch of former military to say just the opposite (again all political).
                                There was another one with way more signatories in Spring. They were all GOP leaning folks. What would these people have to gain politically? They are career people. They aren't at the whim of a party or president.

Comment

Working...
                                X