Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    We also sent a plutocrat home. Either way, a plutocrat was going to win the whole dam- thing.
    A plutocrat who has profited, sure. We sent home a plutocrat who has devoted her entire life to public service and helping others. Don't pretend they are the same person.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      How true. Why and can we get it back?
      Why? Automation. We make more stuff than ever before, but it's done by robots instead of humans.

Can we get it back? Yes, but it will require the service industry to start paying employees the way that manufacturing used to.

The populace seems to be on board by constantly voting for minimum wage increases. But then they go and elect Republicans who are against it, so who knows.

Comment

Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

who plays more golf? BHO or tD?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
          , the work that needs to be done is 100% with consumption.
          if you insist on using that terminology, then consumption has two components: consumption by individuals, and consumption by companies that "consume" machinery, increase their inventory, etc.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I look forward to the hearings when a Republican in the White House has an affair and it's exposed.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              We sent home a plutocrat who has devoted her entire life to public service
              how does a person who devoted an entire life to public service become a plutocrat in the first place?

For Bloomberg, he was the plutocrat first and then ran for office.
              For Kennedy, he inherited his wealth from his father the plutocrat and then ran for office.

Public service, on the surface, doesn't pay enough to allow a person to become a plutocrat, generally, and WJC was poor as a child and HRC was middle class; neither were plutocrats when WJC was elected Governor of Arkansas. I don't think that trading cattle futures along moved them into the plutocracy.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                It seemed gracious and conciliatory to me, and I thought he projected genuine humility: "This is a huge job and it will take a lot of us working together to do it right."

Most people on the left just did not get a chance to receive a decent, balanced picture of Trump. The person many of us knew never appeared in the mainstream media, they only portrayed a caricature. If all you ever saw was the caricature, you didn't really get a chance to appreciate how subtle and clever he was during the campaign.

That's because, when Trump says something, he is always negotiating. The biggest mistake the Democrats / mainstream media made was to assume that the first thing he said on a subject was his "position." Yet on every major subject, his "position" evolved, from extreme to moderate.

One example:
                -- No Muslims at all!
                -- well, maybe some Muslims, but none from dangerous countries
                -- well, maybe some from dangerous countries too, but only after we check them out first.

How far is that final position from the mainstream? well, duh, of course we want to keep dangerous people out.

The subtlety in that approach is that, the first statement attracted some supporters, and then each evolution reassured more people that the guy wasn't quite so crazy after all, because he demonstrated that he listened to reason and adjusted what he said as a result, which could then attract even more supporters without causing the initial group to abandon him for going soft.

He ran the first 21st century campaign, using social media and the internet to run a very effective campaign without using very much money. By casting the mainstream media as part of the opposition, he insulated himself from anything they had to say about him, and also drove people to alternate sources of information (e.g. youtube).

There supposedly are seven different kinds of intelligence, not just one.
                The lesson for the Dems...

Find a con man.

Mid 2019: Kill all humans
                Winter heading into primary season 2020: JK, just rich white people
                Spring 2020: French Revolution
                Summer 2020: ???
                Election Day: No seriously, campaign finance reform
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I look forward to the hearings when a Republican in the White House has an affair and it's exposed.
                  Well now that we're destroying our best weapon in the fight against Islamic extremists (religious freedom in America that makes people want to come here), there might be an embassy attack in the future that I'm SURE the GOP congress will need to get to the bottom of.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    Why? Automation. We make more stuff than ever before, but it's done by robots instead of humans.

Can we get it back? Yes, but it will require the service industry to start paying employees the way that manufacturing used to.

The populace seems to be on board by constantly voting for minimum wage increases. But then they go and elect Republicans who are against it, so who knows.
                    Who makes and programs the robots? Who implements them?

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      I figured everybody knew that? ---> Skynet and other robots.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        mookie can speak for mookie, but people don't care about the macro statistics. They care about their individual lot in life. If I am unemployed, then that's bad. If you are unemployed, then it's a shame but things will get better.
                        Which brings up the old joke --

Q: What's the difference between a recession and a depression?

A: A recession is when your neighbor losses his job. A depression is when you lose your job.
                        Russell Jaslow
                        [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                        U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          A couple month ago I saw a FB post from a local small business owner who was trying a new supplier who was made up of Hispanic people. First they shocked him with their quality and quick turnaround then the Owner of that company talked about his backing for Trump. This man had emigrated legally and was incensed that others who had not gone through the process were going to get a free pass.
                          Bingo. I was also going to respond to Mookie's post with a story like this.

I once worked with a Mexican-American and former Marine and republican. His parents came from Mexico legally. Went through all the proper channels. When here, his father put himself through college (TCU). He admired his parents for what they did to become your stereotypical American dream.

I knew him a few years ago, so I don't know exactly what he thought of all this. However, based on political conversations I had with him back when I knew him, I expected he would be perfectly okay with Trump's policy. This guy's attitude would be, my parents did it the right way. Why should I care about those who did not?

I told people there are a lot of Latin-Americans like this who think this way, and don't expect a massive Latin vote for Hillary. Sure, Trump's delivery of the message was a bit misguided and offensive, but the underlying point of the message, people like my former co-worker got and agreed with.
                          Russell Jaslow
                          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            It takes one machine operator to do the work previously done by 20 manual laborers. Those 19 lost jobs aren't coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              who plays more golf? BHO or tD?
                              tD turns the National Mall into a par 3 course.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by unofun View Post
                                It takes one machine operator to do the work previously done by 20 manual laborers. Those 19 lost jobs aren't coming back.
                                It takes one fisherman with a net to do the work previously done by 20 fishermen using hand lines.
                                The other 19 found new productive jobs and made their community much richer as a result.

It takes one farmer with a plow to do the work previously done by 20 farmers with a hoe.
                                The other 19 found new productive jobs and made their community much richer as a result.

It takes one builder with a backhoe to do the work previously done by 20 laborers with shovels.

Given this historical pattern, why should the outcome today be any different?

Comment

Working...
                                X