Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Since I mentioned it, my Uncle has often told a much greater version of this LBJ story:

In the 60's everybody was getting offed so protecting Johnson was no fun anyway, but whenever he was going somewhere via Marine One, they usually landed 5 or 6 helicopters on the lawn to pick him up. The idea was that the anarchists and commies wouldn't know exactly which chopper LBJ was in, so they wouldn't waste a stinger trying to nail him. (Even though the CIA handed stingers out like candy around the world, they apparently weren't all that easy to get in-country in the old days.) At any rate, the Marines land and LBJ in his usual ten gallon hat, starts heading off to one. Only it's not the one he's scheduled to be on, so my uncle comes up, touches Johnson's arm and says, "Excuse me Mr. President, but that's not your helicopter."

LBJ jerks his arm away, wheels back around, and eyes blazing down incredulously from high atop his cowboy boots, snarls,

"GOD DAMMIT SON! THESE ARE ALL MY HELICOPTERS!!!

AND DON"T YOU EVER ****ING FORGET IT!
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      "GOD DAMMIT SON! THESE ARE ALL MY HELICOPTERS!!!

AND DON"T YOU EVER ****ING FORGET IT!
      Is it wrong I read this in Foghorn Leghorn's voice?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        It's fine as long as you add, "I say, I say, I say there son ...", at the start.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          It's fine as long as you add, "I say, I say, I say there son ...", at the start.
          Oh, I did.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I just spit out my coffee laughing!!!
            Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Ever see "The Right Stuff?" The portrayal of Johnson is pretty much Foghorn Leghorn. (especially the last twenty seconds of that)

Actually though, the last bit is the only part that is for sure a direct quote from my uncle's telling.
              Last edited by Wisko McBadgerton; 11-15-2016, 03:00 PM.
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                mookie watched it.

in that context he was asked about staffing. he admitted he is not the most organized man in the world and needed someone(s) to go through stuff for him and pinpoint important stuff. now mookie would imagine that is something that every pres needs just due to the limits of hours in the day. president obama/bush/clinton can't be reading 1/100th of the stuff they get. so yes, a funnel (CoS) is very important as THE gatekeeper.

mookie will miss BHO too. mookie could see being buds with him. golfing, playing basketball, hanging in general. he appears to be a really good guy. bud all the presidents in mookie's lifetime were probably good guys sans nixon. on the face of it you can't get elected if one is an arse. even dog catcher. getting that high up on the chain would highlight the decent personality.
                Well, tD is an arse if you aren't a nice pasty white male. The guy has been a skank to anyone who wasn't rich, white or a man since I was in HS/college

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                BO is an absolutely outstanding speaker when he needs to be.

Trump does seem like a very likeable guy. His staff under consideration couldn't have had one friend among them in high school.
                See above

Comment

You know its bad when there's a coup in the US...among the president's immediate aides...a week after the election.

Out with Mike Rogers. WSJ says of Rogers: The departure of Mr. Rogers removes one of the most experienced national security and foreign policy hands from the transition team. He was a special agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation before being elected to Congress, and he has extensive contacts in law enforcement, intelligence, and foreign-policy circles. He also has worked closely with Democrats during his congressional tenure.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

You know its bad when there's a coup in the US...among the president's immediate aides...a week after the election.

Out with Mike Rogers. WSJ says of Rogers: The departure of Mr. Rogers removes one of the most experienced national security and foreign policy hands from the transition team. He was a special agent for the Federal Bureau of Investigation before being elected to Congress, and he has extensive contacts in law enforcement, intelligence, and foreign-policy circles. He also has worked closely with Democrats during his congressional tenure.
                    yep. By the time they lower the bar for who is going to work in National Security they will have the guy who runs mall security for a small town

Comment

Rogers is out because he didn't toe the line on Trump's lies about Benghazi.
                      Cornell University

Comment

Rogers is out because he didn't toe the line on Trump's lies about Benghazi.
                        Which lies? how does he keep track?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          yep. By the time they lower the bar for who is going to work in National Security they will have the guy who runs mall security for a small town
                          You say that like it's a bad thing.
                          I'm with Wisko and Tim.

Comment

They don't really have to. They are, after all, entitled to their own reality. Something the Democrats have never been able to achieve.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Spreadsheets.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Roger Ailes for Labor Secretary 😄. I wouldn't doubt it
                                Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Working...
                                X