Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    This election was a temper tantrum from children who have been told for years by conservative media and conservatives in Congress that a temper tantrum is how you get what you want.
    You'd think they would learn from observing the left's protests over the past week that that doesn't work.

Comment

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Anyone listen to the Obama presser- not the clips/analysis but the whole thing? What I heard, over and over again was Obama saying what happened depended on who a prez chose for his staff. I haven't heard one comment about that in any of the coverage.

Not nec a fan of tO but man, that guy handles himself well when he speaks. He can say a million things without ever saying them straight out. It will be awhile before we see that again.
      mookie watched it.

in that context he was asked about staffing. he admitted he is not the most organized man in the world and needed someone(s) to go through stuff for him and pinpoint important stuff. now mookie would imagine that is something that every pres needs just due to the limits of hours in the day. president obama/bush/clinton can't be reading 1/100th of the stuff they get. so yes, a funnel (CoS) is very important as THE gatekeeper.

mookie will miss BHO too. mookie could see being buds with him. golfing, playing basketball, hanging in general. he appears to be a really good guy. bud all the presidents in mookie's lifetime were probably good guys sans nixon. on the face of it you can't get elected if one is an arse. even dog catcher. getting that high up on the chain would highlight the decent personality.
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        mookie watched it.

in that context he was asked about staffing. he admitted he is not the most organized man in the world and needed someone(s) to go through stuff for him and pinpoint important stuff. now mookie would imagine that is something that every pres needs just due to the limits of hours in the day. president obama/bush/clinton can't be reading 1/100th of the stuff they get. so yes, a funnel (CoS) is very important as THE gatekeeper.

mookie will miss BHO too. mookie could see being buds with him. golfing, playing basketball, hanging in general. he appears to be a really good guy. bud all the presidents in mookie's lifetime were probably good guys sans nixon. on the face of it you can't get elected if one is an arse. even dog catcher. getting that high up on the chain would highlight the decent personality.
        BO is an absolutely outstanding speaker when he needs to be.

Trump does seem like a very likeable guy. His staff under consideration couldn't have had one friend among them in high school.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          BO is an absolutely outstanding speaker when he needs to be.

Trump does seem like a very likeable guy. His staff under consideration couldn't have had one friend among them in high school.
          Trump reminds me of every car salesman I've ever met. They'd sell their mother if it meant getting an extra five dollars in commission.

He may be personable, but that character type is nails on a chalkboard to me.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
            Trump reminds me of every car salesman I've ever met. They'd sell their mother if it meant getting an extra five dollars in commission.

He may be personable, but that character type is nails on a chalkboard to me.
            To me he's a late night infomercial host. The idiocy of the product is exceeded only by the idiocy of the presentation and the slack-jawed "always be closing" enthusiasm of the gull gulling the gulls.

Before Bernard could answer, the lift came to a standstill.

"Roof!" called a creaking voice.

The liftman was a small simian creature, dressed in the black tunic of an Epsilon-Minus Semi-Moron.
            "Roof!"

He flung open the gates. The warm glory of afternoon sunlight made him start and blink his eyes. "Oh, roof!" he repeated in a voice of rapture. He was as though suddenly and joyfully awakened from a dark annihilating stupor. "Roof!"

He smiled up with a kind of doggily expectant adoration into the faces of his passengers. Talking and laughing together, they stepped out into the light. The liftman looked after them.

"Roof?" he said once more, questioningly.

Then a bell rang, and from the ceiling of the lift a loud speaker began, very softly and yet very imperiously, to issue its commands.
            "Go down," it said, "go down. Floor Eighteen. Go down, go down. Floor Eighteen. Go down, go …"

The liftman slammed the gates, touched a button and instantly dropped back into the droning twilight of the well, the twilight of his own habitual stupor.

It was warm and bright on the roof. The summer afternoon was drowsy with the hum of passing helicopters; and the deeper drone of the rocket-planes hastening, invisible, through the bright sky five or six miles overhead was like a caress on the soft air. Bernard Marx drew a deep breath. He looked up into the sky and round the blue horizon and finally down into Lenina's face.

"Isn't it beautiful!" His voice trembled a little.

She smiled at him with an expression of the most sympathetic understanding. "Simply perfect for Obstacle Golf," she answered rapturously.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Th[e]s[e] [protests about the] election [results] was a temper tantrum from children who have been told for years by [parents, teachers, and mainstream] media [that they are special, entitled never to be disappointed, such] that a temper tantrum is how you get what you want.

Some people just want to see the world burn.
              indeed, many observations are equally valid when applied to either "side", eh?
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                Yeah, it's good to be on the side of "Ape In Heels" comments. You should be proud.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

what are the chances that DJT offers BHO lifetime membership at Mar-a-Lago?
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

what are the chances that DJT offers BHO lifetime membership at Mar-a-Lago?
                    I'd assume every ex-president gets such offers so, pretty good. It's good for a puff piece and some free marketing.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Anything can be twisted. I believe the words you were looking for were "work will make you free."
                      Cornell University

Comment

I have a Great Uncle who protected four Presidents: Johnson, Nixon, Carter, and Ford. It shouldn't be surprising to anyone that his opinion of LBJ was that he was the most miserable sob that ever walked the face of the earth.

However, he has always maintained that Nixon was the nicest, most personable, and genuinely interested in people around him of them all by quite a large margin. Which isn't to say he defends Nixon on any other terms. I always thought that was something, though.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I have come to the conclusion that there are many people that I will stop bothering to defend their civil rights. Since they clearly have no actual clue about the Bill of Rights and the additional Amendments, other than the 2nd, there's no point in letting them JUST have the second for them, and no others for anyone else.

You have so little empathy for anyone but you, I will have no sympathy for you or any of your "causes". By you, I do mean you, as well as many others just like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                            I have a Great Uncle who protected four Presidents: Johnson, Nixon, Carter, and Ford. It shouldn't be surprising to anyone that his opinion of LBJ was that he was the most miserable sob that ever walked the face of the earth.

However, he has always maintained that Nixon was the nicest, most personable, and genuinely interested in people around him of them all by quite a large margin. Which isn't to say he defends Nixon on any other terms. I always thought that was something, though.
                            after having read a lot on both nixon and lbj, it was impressed upon mookie that both were paranoid as all hell. ljb though had a ball-busting side that is common to certain friends that most of us have. once you were in his circle it was a hoot and one of those where you hoped he would start on someone else first then you were free to laugh along.
                            dickie, once you were thought of as being on his side, was probably as you state. but a tougher nut to crack. found it interesting the other day when one of the cable shows showed a letter nixon had written trump. stated that "pat" say him on tv and thought he'd be president one day. they thought that "pat" never saw that, but nixon was again against going out on a limb even in something simple like that.

who knows...
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                              HST thought Nixon had the darkest sense of humor of anybody he ever met. He also thought Nixon was the only pol he ever met who understood Strange (the metaphysical, not the erotic). What Jean Shepherd simply called The Night, or what philosophers have called "the dark night of the soul."

I can't think of another significant American public figure who found angst intelligible. Surely not pretty boys like JFK and Obama, or political machines like Bill and Hillary, or stick-up-their-dicks pinheads like Reagan and Bush Pere et Fils. Biden glimpsed it in the death of his children, but like a sane man he turned away from it. Some invite it in, give it a beer, and study it.

Nixon was a twisted, vengeful f-cker, but if I had to share a jail cell with any of those guys it would be him. He understood darkness and fear. He was a kindred spirit who happened to use his powers for evil.

Speaking of, how did he react to the election result?
                              Last edited by Kepler; 11-15-2016, 11:07 AM.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                ...Speaking of, how did he react to the election result?
                                Dick also admires Bobby Kennedy calling him a cold SOB who would have made a good president.

BTW, I think we're the only two that follow the old boy. Now that he's wintering in FLA, the Pascack Valley area of Bergen County will be much less interesting.
                                Last edited by joecct; 11-15-2016, 11:56 AM.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X