Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

The people on the list currently being floated for his admin look like a SNL parody. All are great with doing things that make them wildly controversial, all very good at taking care of their self interest. Not one of them that I have seen so far would have been considered for a legitimate post. Talk about everyone gets a trophy!

Comment

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Heard they were having trouble finding qualified people to fill those positions, for exactly the reason you say, the top security people said they'd never work for him.

So we'll have our national security in the hands of inexperienced partisans led by incompetent Trump-chosen political hacks. But I'm sure the women will all be hot. Can't wait.
      If the women have any sense of self preservation for their physical safety they will stay away

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
        which one, the corporate tax plan or the personal tax plan? which would you rather have? 10% of $1 trillion, or 35% of $0? the corporate tax plan will be a net money maker. the personal tax plan I hope they defer until later. lower rates with fewer deductions could be revenue-neutral.
        Re: Personal income taxes - I just don't see how Trump, the King of Deductions, is seriously going to advocate for eliminating them. And his plan still espouses the failure of trickle-down. It is estimated that the top 1% (so-called "job creators") will see a ~10% increase in their income, while the average middle class family will only see a 1-2% increase. Think about that percentage proportionally - a family making $50,000 will take home an extra $500-1000/yr under Trump's plan. Meanwhile, hedge fund manager Dick F. Fromage III who makes $1,000,000, will soak up another $100,000. That's ridiculous.

Re: Corporate income taxes - I am opposed to any measure which allows corporations to evade corporate taxes - e.g. moving their headquarters to a tax haven like Ireland - but still maintain major business operations in the U.S. If you and your taxpaying American employees are using our infrastructure to achieve success, great! But your company should be paying their share for its upkeep.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
          Hey, so about that whole Trump business interests being placed in a blind trust run by his awful children. Not so much, since his awful children are on the executive transition team. The whole blind trust tradition is going to go the same way as the candidate releasing taxes tradition.
          I want in on investing into his companies/ventures. Those people are going to be tipped off on any security concerns to shield his ventures from harm. I want a slice of that pie!
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            I want in on investing into his companies/ventures. Those people are going to be tipped off on any security concerns to shield his ventures from harm. I want a slice of that pie!
            What happens to all the pending law suits he has? There are a 'few'. I was thinking about this the other day. Can he pardon himself? Not flaming, really wondering legally how that would work.

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              The people on the list currently being floated for his admin look like a SNL parody. All are great with doing things that make them wildly controversial, all very good at taking care of their self interest. Not one of them that I have seen so far would have been considered for a legitimate post. Talk about everyone gets a trophy!
              Sarah Palin as Interior Sec is all you need to know. A half-term Governor in charge of all federal lands.
              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Re: Corporate income taxes - I am opposed to any measure which allows corporations to evade corporate taxes - e.g. moving their headquarters to a tax haven like Ireland - but still maintain major business operations in the U.S. If you and your taxpaying American employees are using our infrastructure to achieve success, great! But your company should be paying their share for its upkeep.
                That's fine but under the current system it seems to me the only sensible move for a company like Ford to maximize profits is to continue to exit the US to cheaper labor and move the corporation to Ireland, leaving Ford USA as simply a sales and distribution arm of Ford. Which they have been doing for the last several years. There's $20 billion in new auto manufacturing facilities scheduled in Mexico in the next 5 years and who knows how many supply chain facilities that takes with it. (Where, for an example of an added bonus, Chinese steel is tariff free.) Contemplating an "exit tax" will only accelerate the process IMO. And even then it's a one time cost vs. 20-25% plus of profits for any foreseeable future. Once they're out you're left with import taxes as your only weapon to generate revenue. Or basically Trump/Sander's ideas.

You can argue that corporations need to be better citizens and pay up not only for use, but as their patriotic and community duty, which I agree with. I think a case may be made that large corporations that were controlled by individuals or families have historically been more inclined to act that way. Large public companies with very diversified stock ownership are controlled almost completely by profit motive as a result of that structure, though.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  Sarah Palin as Interior Sec is all you need to know. A half-term Governor in charge of all federal lands.
                  And one with the brain and mentality of a middle-schooler. She is no more qualified that Kim Kardashian.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    What happens to all the pending law suits he has? There are a 'few'. I was thinking about this the other day. Can he pardon himself? Not flaming, really wondering legally how that would work.
                    Curious about it myself, this seems to be a topic that I didn't realize had been covered:
                    http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/presid...inal-lawsuits/

With the nearly unlimited power of the presidential pardon in his hands, could President Trump issue a pardon to — Donald Trump? The answer is — yes, probably.

The problem is, there is no precedent as to whether a president’s pardon of himself would pass the constitutional test simply because no president has ever tried it. During the Watergate scandal of 1973 and 1974, there was discussion in Washington legal circles that Nixon could simply pardon himself — though under the Constitution even a pardon would not get a president out of impeachment proceedings against him.

But with some dissenting points of view, the legal consensus holds that the power of presidential pardon is so broad that nothing stops a president from pardoning himself.
                    ... it should be noted that even if Trump chose not to pardon himself and he were convicted of a federal crime, nothing in the Constitution or federal law prevents a convicted felon from holding any federal office, including the presidency. In that case, congress would have to impeach and convict Trump to get him out of office.
                    (Emphasis mine.)
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                      And one with the brain and mentality of a middle-schooler. She is no more qualified that Kim Kardashian.
                      Actually, after some thought, I could see Palin not making it through the Senate...
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Watt's that?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Watt's that?
                          Nice job brownie
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            such as the breakup of the former Soviet Union, for example.
                            And the current Russia is so much better.

Comment

Moving away from the actual discussion to a moment of snark pulled from Facebook:

You can make a donation to Planned Parenthood in Mike Pence's name and he'll receive a certificate of the donation.

Office of Governor Mike Pence
                              State House
                              Room 206
                              Indianapolis, IN 46204-2797

I am just saying.
                              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Moving away from the actual discussion to a moment of snark pulled from Facebook:

You can make a donation to Planned Parenthood in Mike Pence's name and he'll receive a certificate of the donation.

Office of Governor Mike Pence
                                State House
                                Room 206
                                Indianapolis, IN 46204-2797

I am just saying.
                                While I chuckled a little at the thought of it, I wouldn't suggest doing so. If enough people do it, it might provide rational to defund PP. No reason for federal funds when all these people are donating.
                                "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                                Groucho Marx
                                "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                                Ron White
                                "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                                Milo Bloom

Comment

Working...
                                X