Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    The only military action in 8 years was the invasion of Grenada.
    Today the same could be done with the SWAT Team from Los Angeles, no, Houston, no, Minneapolis, no, Akron. No. Sioux Falls.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

by the way, if you want any consumer goods like flat screen TVs, laptops, or iPhones, you might want to buy them now before the trade war starts!

People aren't going to be so excited if that stuff starts getting made here but they can no longer afford a new 50" TV or iPhone 7. All for a few jobs for some American robots.

Comment

It is amusing to hear all the talk about moving to Canada.*

Canada has strict immigration laws. You apply and list all your best attributes. They then rank your attributes and give you a score. Each year, a limited number of people with the highest scores are allowed to immigrate.

There is a waiting list.

Apparently some entrepreneur has already started a website for single Americans to search for single Canadians to explore marriage prospects, one way to circumvent the process.

* why not Bermuda, or some island nation in the Caribbean?
        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          Today the same could be done with the SWAT Team from Los Angeles, no, Houston, no, Minneapolis, no, Akron. No. Sioux Falls.
          Or some podunk county in the middle of nowhere with their tanks.

Comment

* why not Bermuda, or some island nation in the Caribbean?
            Belize.
            I actually know people going to do it ... not kidding.
            The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It is amusing to hear all the talk about moving to Canada.*

Canada has strict immigration laws. You apply and list all your best attributes. They then rank your attributes and give you a score. Each year, a limited number of people with the highest scores are allowed to immigrate.

There is a waiting list.

Apparently some entrepreneur has already started a website for single Americans to search for single Canadians to explore marriage prospects, one way to circumvent the process.
              Oh, heck. Anybody on this board will get to the top of the list no problem. After all, they do rate your hockey knowledge, don't they?
              Russell Jaslow
              [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
              U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Belize.
                I actually know people going to do it ... not kidding.
                We were in Belize this year. English-speaking sub-tropical countries do not suck.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Constitutional Convention of 2018, held in (name of city) will be a DOOZY!
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Hey, so about that whole Trump business interests being placed in a blind trust run by his awful children. Not so much, since his awful children are on the executive transition team. The whole blind trust tradition is going to go the same way as the candidate releasing taxes tradition.

Also his son-in-law is on there, and he asked during his White House tour how many of the staffers would be sticking around for their term.

No ****, genius. Clearly you missed the target of the joke and the follow-up post.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Apparently Trump can be quite charming in person. His tour of Washington yesterday left Obama in grudging admiration, Paul Ryan was actually giddy, and I've never seen Mitch McConnell with such a beaming smile.

If you set aside what you think you know and merely observe, Trump turns out to be a master at what is called "pacing and leading": first you discern how people like to think and feel, an
                      So are you saying his entire campaign was a facade or he's now trying to pull fast one over everyone?

keeping world price low deprives Russia and Iran of earnings from their oil and gas sales.
                      Yes because if history has shown us anything it's that starving a country usually leads to positive things globally.

Are you being intentionally obtuse?
                      Last edited by Slap Shot; 11-12-2016, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        Yes because if history has shown us anything it's that starving a country usually leads to positive things globally.
                        such as the breakup of the former Soviet Union, for example.
                        "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          So are you saying his entire campaign was a facade or he's now trying to pull fast one over everyone?

He's a con man, and a huckster. He'll tell anyone anything he has to to close the deal.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                            I don't recall Obama lowering that...
                            Trump is President-elect, and these are his proposals. I'm stating my opinion, which is not a reflection on what Obama has done. And while Obama's defense policy wasn't ideal, with policy statements like these...

"Contract with the American Voter" (a title which he plagiarized from Fig Newt, of course)

9. Restore the National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment.

...we can only deduce that he plans to be Obama on steroids.

Funny how by playing the "Obama bad!" card, a self-proclaimed "libertarian" is tacitly defending that spending increase. Libertarian, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                              Hey, so about that whole Trump business interests being placed in a blind trust run by his awful children. Not so much, since his awful children are on the executive transition team. The whole blind trust tradition is going to go the same way as the candidate releasing taxes tradition.

Also his son-in-law is on there, and he asked during his White House tour how many of the staffers would be sticking around for their term.

No ****, genius. Clearly you missed the target of the joke and the follow-up post.
                              Shocker. All the talk about dynasty in Washington with the chosen few. THis guy skips the social veneer and just outright espouses nepotism but the new anointed has a good, good reason. Tremendous reasons. The very best.

Anyone heard what is going on on the national security front? I know there were numerous (I heard up to 85%) of the leaders there publicly stated they would step out if tD was elected.

Comment

Heard they were having trouble finding qualified people to fill those positions, for exactly the reason you say, the top security people said they'd never work for him.

So we'll have our national security in the hands of inexperienced partisans led by incompetent Trump-chosen political hacks. But I'm sure the women will all be hot. Can't wait.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X