Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    if your lawn guys do half the yard and chop a bush in error..... would you pay them?
    Which Bush?

At Chez Kep, I don't think it would be in error.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Mr. Trump, I mean Mr. President, which State would You Like To Round Them Up In?

Trump was able to keep restraint for almost two whole days, but we finally got a tweet about "professional protesters"(Already putting people back to work!) because the only reason not to love Great Leader is for a check. And that they have been incited by the evil media, which kind of contradicts the whole professional thing, but whatever.
      Originally posted by dicaslover
      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

The best analogy I can come up with is this is like an emotionally labile, moody teenager with the usual load of drama, angst and self absorption throwing a nutty every once in awhile. Problem is if this were true there would be a parent straightening them out and threatening consequence. Instead the kid has control.

I can't wrap my brain around it. Someone needs to take the dudes phone away

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          The best analogy I can come up with is this is like an emotionally labile, moody teenager with the usual load of drama, angst and self absorption throwing a nutty every once in awhile. Problem is if this were true there would be a parent straightening them out and threatening consequence. Instead the kid has control.

You shouldn't say such things about Maiz.......Oooops.......You were talking about Trump.....My bad
          "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
          Groucho Marx
          "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
          Ron White
          "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
          Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
            You shouldn't say such things about Maiz.......Oooops.......You were talking about Trump.....My bad
            either way
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              either way
              Unfair. When I write that the phony electoral college made a laughingstock out of our nation because the loser won, my spelling is much better.
              Originally posted by dicaslover
              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Does that really work? Huh.
                The easiest way for a website to keep track of your activity on it is through cookies. If they use that method, they will simply put cookies on your PC keeping track of how many articles you open. Erase that cookie, and the count starts over.

Another way is simply to open a different browser. If you are using IE and hit your article limit, open Firefox or Chrome or Opera and start again with another five articles. Or go to an entirely different computer/tablet.

All these methods work for my local paper which limits you to 10 articles.

(They could track your count through your IP address, but that has its problems, mainly if you are accessing the web through your company. A lot of companies issue one IP address once you leave the company firewall and go to the outside. Obviously, the five article limit would be hit really quick before you even get a chance to look at an article.)
                Last edited by Russell Jaslow; 11-11-2016, 07:52 AM.
                Russell Jaslow
                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

• So have any of the "celebs" who threatened to leave actually left the country yet? Or do they wait for the inauguration? I would think they'd want to move fast to get the best spot before they fill up.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    It is really a sad commentary on our times that the people who were most vocal in insisting that everyone accept the results of the election are now the same people out rioting because they don't like the results of the election.
                    How many of those protestors actually voted? Seriously...

(When I read that Colin Kaepernick never voted, I was like, are you serious?! Although I wasn't completely keen on his protests or methods, I was okay with it and did respect it. I uphold the first amendment as America's gift to the entire world, so I get very upset over people's reaction to his protests, and believe they should never be shouted down. However, I also uphold the peaceful transition of power through voting as an even greater gift to the world. So, when I found out he never voted, as far as I care, he and his protests are dead to me.)
                    Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I am a bit surprised about the reaction. I even saw a post saying the democrats should try to get the electoral college electors to change their votes to Clinton. Yeah, because that wouldn't cause CWII...
                      If the Electoral College worked the way it was originally intended to when the Founding Fathers set it up, they could do this. And very likely might of.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

His father played that role, especially in bailing him out financially every time a business deal went sour.

But, his father is dead and he wouldn't have enough money anyway to bail out his mistakes now...
                        Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          So have any of the "celebs" who threatened to leave actually left the country yet? Or do they wait for the inauguration? I would think they'd want to move fast to get the best spot before they fill up.
                          Cher said she is going to move to Jupiter. LOL
                          Russell Jaslow

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post

If you want to be reassured about the prospects of a Trump presidency, check out Scott Adams' blog. He has been uncannily accurate the past year. http://blog.dilbert.com/ I'm just quoting the most recent post, but if you've been following him for awhile, you'd have a much better sense of how spot-on target his insights have been.

The things people are saying about Trump now are not all that different than what people were saying about Reagan in 1980. As I recall, everything turned out okay in the end. People won't go to war with you if they are afraid you will win. I expect the world will be more peaceful with a strong decisive leader than a weak vacillating one.
                            Sure. He'll tell everybody just what they want to hear, just as he did in the primaries and the general. He won't believe or act on any of it, and just keep doingwhat he wants to do. Tax cuts for the rich, and getting as much as he can for himself out of his current position.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are dicked.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Apparently Trump can be quite charming in person. His tour of Washington yesterday left Obama in grudging admiration, Paul Ryan was actually giddy, and I've never seen Mitch McConnell with such a beaming smile.

If you set aside what you think you know and merely observe, Trump turns out to be a master at what is called "pacing and leading": first you discern how people like to think and feel, and then you express yourself in ways that makes those people comfortable. Once they feel the resonance, you can then lead them toward where you want to go, bringing them along.

I am feeling fairly optimistic about our prospects. Our inner cities are struggling, and I really do believe Trump will revitalize them. He is a builder by trade and they need to be rebuilt. Democrats will hate this yet be unable to protest, as it will result in expanding minority presence in the Republican party; but for the country, it is really healthy for both parties to compete for voters.

If I were the Democrats, I'd look for ways to reconnect with middle America. They have become the party of the very rich and the very poor while ignoring everyone else as beneath them. You may be smarter and more sophisticated but there is a lot more to human dignity than just cognitive intelligence. Experts tell us that there are seven different kinds of intelligence, not just one.
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                                ... the phony electoral college made a laughingstock out of our nation because the loser won.
                                I don't necessarily believe there is a correlation that winning the popular vote means if there were no Electoral College, they would have won the Presidency. The reason is, campaigns go in setting up strategy based on the rules of the game.

Let's use hockey as an analogy, since that is why we are all here on these boards. A team built for the regular season (i.e., to win the President's Trophy, i.e., the Washington Capitals) is not necessarily a team built to win in the playoffs (i.e., the Stanley Cup).

Campaigns know that they are not going to win certain states. For instance, the GOP knows they will never win NY, California, or Mass. So, they don't care how much they lose them by since it's a winner take all system within the states. Thus, they don't waste their time campaigning there (other than to perhaps protect down ballot candidates).

Now, if they knew the popular vote was all that mattered, they would campaign in those areas that might swing either way -- like pockets of Upstate NY. Because now how much they lose a state is important.

So, when people go all angst on the popular vote being different than the Electoral College, I'm all meh about it. You have no idea how it would turn out if the campaigns focused only on attracting the popular vote.
                                Russell Jaslow

Comment

Working...
                                X