Clear All

Re: Presidential Election Prediction Thread

You're probably right.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Not a poll, but an AI predicted Trump.

http://www.businessinsider.com/artif...mp-win-2016-10
      Exactly. They don't ask extra democrats to skew the polls to make it look like the globalists will win and try to keep the freedom fighters from going to the polls.

Comment

over 87k ballots cast in MI that were left blank for president (tD is up by what? 15k).
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

And you know what? I have zero problem that. I even encouraged people to leave it blank if they can't in good conscience vote for either candidate.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I don't really buy into the tallest pigmy argument (so and so was very much wrong but less wrong than somebody else). They all got it wrong. Silver had 99/100 states in the previous two elections. This time he was off by a handful of states...many of the important ones that were to determine the election.

I do believe that if you spent time looking at early voting you could have spotted danger. Everyone was focused on how great Nevada was doing for Hillary...but they still gave it to Trump and Hillary won it anyways.

There were plenty of red flags in Florida and more importantly Ohio. BO won them both by the slimmest of margins in the end. Hillary was running far behind him in both states in early voting. Ohio should have been alarming as its so similar to surrounding states and is not just a bellwether for the US...but also for the industrial Midwest.

They should be forgiven for earlier misses...but as soon as the early voting came in, they should have known. They're experts at this.
            Last edited by 5mn_Major; 11-10-2016, 11:21 PM.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              They should be forgiven for earlier misses...but as soon as the early voting came in, they should have known. They're experts at this.
              Harry Enten beat everybody to the punch on WI. I forget what the pct responding was when he grokked, but he had it in the 30s based on the precincts from Milwaukee coming in early. This was when the major networks were still treating the whole shebang as a close call.

The irony is Nate says a thousand times a month that these are not predictions, they are guesses about the target population based on polling and historical observation. If a different electorate shows up on election day and his model mismatches the actuals on all 50 states wrong, he still isn't necessarily "wrong."
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Harry Enten beat everybody to the punch on WI. I forget what the pct responding was when he grokked, but he had it in the 30s based on the precincts from Milwaukee coming in early. This was when the major networks were still treating the whole shebang as a close call.
                Not too impressed. When folks were concerned with Virginia...

I think VA will stay blue. I'm concerned about WI and MI. Detroit (Wayne) is just 12% in...but bizarrely its only 49-46 for Hillary. Hopefully a Detroit flood is going to hit.
                ...and 23 minutes later...

WI may be gone. 38% of vote is in...assuming the numbers are right, 82% already voted in Milwaukee.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Not so much a prediction as a fascinating post mortem datum:

I haven't had a chance to double-check this assertion yet. I was told that, if you only take NY-IL-CA, then Clinton had 4.8 million more votes than Trump. If you take the entire rest of the country, then Trump had 4.6 million more votes than Clinton.
                  "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                    Not so much a prediction as a fascinating post mortem datum:

I haven't had a chance to double-check this assertion yet. I was told that, if you only take NY-IL-CA, then Clinton had 4.8 million more votes than Trump. If you take the entire rest of the country, then Trump had 4.6 million more votes than Clinton.
                    I haven't had a chance to check this either. But I've heard that if you eliminate the deep south, Clinton wins in a major landslide.
                    Go Gophers!

Comment

Since this is the Presidential Election Prediction thread, and not the Presidential Election of 2016 Prediction thread, I have a prediction for the 2020 election:

During his first term, Trump will have a list of things he wants to accomplish, and he will accomplish them all. By 2020, he will say "my work here is done." and will not run for reelection.

and this second item is not so much a prediction as an observation of a meme I've seen circulating: It is a picture that says "Our First Woman President" "Ivanka 2024"

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I haven't had a chance to check this either. But I've heard that if you eliminate the deep south, Clinton wins in a major landslide.
                        Right, if you only count the Northeast and the west coast, that is certainly true.

Here is a great website for voter turnout data: http://www.electproject.org/home/vot...r-turnout-data

It leads you to state websites.

IL had no link.
                        CA: HRC 5.6 million, DJT 3.0 million
                        NY: HRC 4.1 million, DJT 2.6 million
                        For those two states, because of rounding, HRC 9.7 million, DJT 5.7 million. or 4.0 million more.

Nationally: HRC 60.3 million, DJT 59.9 million. or 0.4 million less. So even if you look only at NY and CA, then in the rest of the country Trump has 3.6 million more votes.

Comment

During his first term, Trump will have a list of things he wants to accomplish, and he will accomplish them all.........
                          Much of it is campaign rhetoric. It will be interesting to see what his agenda is and how successful he will be at achieving it. He maybe too busy tracking down a couple of interns Bill Clinton told him about.

Comment

Right, if you only count the Northeast and the west coast, that is certainly true.

Here is a great website for voter turnout data: http://www.electproject.org/home/vot...r-turnout-data

It leads you to state websites.

IL had no link.
                            CA: HRC 5.6 million, DJT 3.0 million
                            NY: HRC 4.1 million, DJT 2.6 million
                            For those two states, because of rounding, HRC 9.7 million, DJT 5.7 million. or 4.0 million more.

Nationally: HRC 60.3 million, DJT 59.9 million. or 0.4 million less. So even if you look only at NY and CA, then in the rest of the country Trump has 3.6 million more votes.
                            See that's the problem with the electoral college though. Just as you're doing, if they live in x location...they kind of don't count. Believe me, people in CA, NY, IL, TX are already paying. Their votes don't count. Because only swing states count. Additionally, those states are double penalized. Because of the electoral system small states like WY and AK get more representation than big states on an impact on the electoral college.

So while you're trying to downplay the impact of these voters because of where they live (which I would argue doesn't make much sense)...they're already getting a diminished amount of electoral votes in regions of the map that have no impact on choosing the president.
                            Go Gophers!

Comment

See that's the problem with the electoral college though. Just as you're doing, if they live in x location...they kind of don't count. Believe me, people in CA, NY, IL, TX are already paying. Their votes don't count. Because only swing states count. Additionally, those states are double penalized. Because of the electoral system small states like WY and AK get more representation than big states on an impact on the electoral college.

So while you're trying to downplay the impact of these voters because of where they live (which I would argue doesn't make much sense)...they're already getting a diminished amount of electoral votes in regions of the map that have no impact on choosing the president.
                              So you're basically saying you want to abolish states and create mob rule? We've already done away with the 17th amendment, after all...

Comment

How does 3+3 get more weight than 55?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X