Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Presidential Election Prediction Thread

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Ice cream snickers bar...If there is one thing that I took from this election it is that the media is completely out of touch with a lot of the country.
    Because it takes a college degree to work in the media.

What exactly should they have done? Given credence to flatout lies and BS just because that is what people wanted to hear?
    Originally posted by dicaslover
    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

The party of tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
        Because it takes a college degree to work in the media.

What exactly should they have done? Given credence to flatout lies and BS just because that is what people wanted to hear?
        Some in the media took a canary into the central PA coal mine. Their warnings were disregarded.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/22/stumped...ide-us-cities/
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Anyone notice how Clinton can't get the form of government correct? It is a Constitutional Republic, NOT a democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
            That sounds exactly like The New York Times! "DJT is such a danger that we will drop all pretense of objectivity and work actively to defeat him, even if it means slanting news stories accordingly." [paraphrase, they said pretty much that though].

DJT is a flawed human being with both unique talents and skills, and also some distasteful habits. Only half of that person was described by the mainstream media.

Seriously, he was called a "misogynist" yet all he did was call women names (the same way he treats men), and exaggerate stories of his supposed sexual prowess in order to show off and brag. That got all the headlines; yet in practice he also hired and promoted competent women (ignored by the mainstream, noticed though by Ivanka's many fans; who voted for DJT anyway not because they wanted him but because they admired her).

He said he would protect the LGBTQ community from terrorists, yet the mainstream media described him as "homophobic" without any evidence at all; yet because it so easily fit the narrative "Trump is a monster" it was willingly accepted anyway.

There was plenty of lies and plenty of BS from both sides to go around.
            Last edited by FreshFish; 11-09-2016, 11:04 AM.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Did any pollster predict Trump winning?
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                LA Times / USC
                IBD / TIPP Tracking
                Trafalgar Group got a couple states

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  LA Times / USC
                  IBD / TIPP Tracking
                  Trafalgar Group got a couple states

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
                  LA Times still got it wrong since it was a national poll, and Clinton won the national vote.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    LA Times still got it wrong since it was a national poll, and Clinton won the national vote.
                    Touche. However, you should change "national" to "popular" for accuracy.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/two-college-seniors-got-the-election-right-when-almost-everyone-else-got-it-wrong/2016/11/09/81c25706-a52b-11e6-8042-f4d111c862d1_story.html?postshare=7771478736189269&tid=ss_tw

Not exactly what you're looking for, I suppose, but figured I'd pass along. Also, sorry for the link not linking, mobile copy/pasting difficulties apparently.
                      Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 11-10-2016, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Come off the democracy crap. This is a Constitutional Republic. If you want a democracy, ex-patriate and find a democracy so you can be happy. Just don't come running back when you find yourself with the wrong mob.

Comment

Nate Silver at 538 kept saying that Trump has a higher chance of winning than most people realized; his model gave Trump about a 30% chance. He also said that Trump had a better chance of winning the election than the Cubs had of coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win the World Series.
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Not a poll, but an AI predicted Trump.

http://www.businessinsider.com/artif...mp-win-2016-10

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              Nate Silver at 538 kept saying that Trump has a higher chance of winning than most people realized; his model gave Trump about a 30% chance. He also said that Trump had a better chance of winning the election than the Cubs had of coming back from a 3-1 deficit to win the World Series.
                              I can't help but wonder if Nate's models were actually pointing even closer to a Trump victory but the team let their cognitive bias shift the models, "No way this can be right, we need to compensate for this."

I know they take into account demographics and predicted turnout and whatnot.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I can't help but wonder if Nate's models were actually pointing even closer to a Trump victory but the team let their cognitive bias shift the models, "No way this can be right, we need to compensate for this."

I know they take into account demographics and predicted turnout and whatnot.
                                I don't think so, if only because he issued a mea culpa after the primaries for essentially doing that. He wasn't going to get burned twice in the same cycle for the same thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X