Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Presidential Election Prediction Thread

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    I'm ok for the Congressional District = 1 EC vote system however, it would have to come with a massive overhaul of how districts are defined.
    I wasn't advocating the change, I was expressing mild curiosity.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Based on new information, I'm changing my prediction.

I'm flipping FL from Trump to Clinton.

Clinton 288 Trump 250.

In answer to a television interview question, President Obama apparently said, "Illegal aliens don't have to worry about deportation if they vote....voter registration information is not shared with ICE."

I've seen the Democrat "ground game" in action in person....FL will have a surprisingly large plurality.

Oh well, so it goes.

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Uh huh...can I see a source for that quote?
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          If it makes our democratic republic closer reflect the populace, I'm good with that, including worm turns.

Re: State legislature powers --> Senators used to be picked by state legislatures, not statewide popular vote. That's worm turn away from the legislatures already.
          That was one of the key distinctions between a democracy and a republic: having Senators selected by state legislatures was by deliberate design, it anticipated the 10th Amendment.

Notably, it was the Progressives who did away with that rule. Coincidentally, the Progressive in charge at that time actually did write that it was okay deliberately to deceive the people in pursuit of a noble cause, because the people aren't all that bright and lack the capacity to understand subtle distinctions.

The Founders wanted it to be really hard for one faction to gain control. Again notably, it seems like one faction is deliberately doing its best to subvert that purpose, all in pursuit of a noble cause. and of course, in order to implement that noble cause, one has to be in office, and so ....

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            I'm sure you know how to use search engines even better than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Right here
              Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
              when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                I stand corrected
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Now 3-1 and leading in NH?

Comment

Hillary cruising in Palm Beach and Duval. Outpacing Obama '12.
                    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      I'm not sure what the final outcome will be but I think Trump will do significantly better than people expect in ME, NH, CO, PA, MI, WI, and MN. It seems to me LePage (ME governor) did much better in the actual voting than the polls leading up to the election and in a lot of ways those elections were similar to this years presidential election. He is similar to Trump and ran against very flawed democrats. They were flawed in different ways than Clinton but flawed nonetheless.
                      Well done.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Well done.
                        You gonna give yourself a cookie for that performance?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          You gonna give yourself a cookie for that performance?
                          Ice cream snickers bar...If there is one thing that I took from this election it is that the media is completely out of touch with a lot of the country.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

There is a difference between what one expects and what one wants. If the weather forecast says cold and rainy, I am going to bring a windbreaker and umbrella, even if I'd rather have warm and sunny.

D*mn, I wish I had not chickened out in my original prediction. WI, MI, OH, PA, FL[oops]. 279-259 was actually on the low side.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Count me in for abolishing the EC and going to popular vote.
                              Of course you want mob rule, and think nothing of the failures of Ancient Greece...

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                                Watch just 3 things:

- The ME 2 district
                                - PA
                                - NC

If those all go to Clinton the night's done early.
                                If two of those three go Trump, suddenly you're watching FL and OH. <-- If those go Trump, you then look at VA and MI (believe it or not).
                                Missed by that much ...

(I went VA not knowing WI could be in play.)
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X