No announcement yet.

Hey Massachusetts! Coakley or Brown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hey Massachusetts! Coakley or Brown?

maybe that's why it's so expensive!
    Originally posted by mtu_huskies
    "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
    Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
    Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
      maybe that's why it's so expensive!
      No one cares how expensive it is, they only care how expensive their taxes are. Best bet to get Health Care under control is to get the government completely out of it, the emergency room problem is minor.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        No one cares how expensive it is, they only care how expensive their taxes are. Best bet to get Health Care under control is to get the government completely out of it, the emergency room problem is minor.
        Wow. Scooby and I agree on something.
        "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." - Frederic Bastiat

Comment

In America the Emergency Room is the Health Care system.
          That's true. Even other clinics have refered my kids to the ER several times. I especially loved the time they gave my boy some pain medication and came back to do the procedure after the pain med wore off.

Comment

No one cares how expensive it is,r.
            Didn't you think when Obama started the rush toward health care reform, the first thing he'd do was address costs? I know I did and I think a majority of Americans want the issue of increasing costs addressed before anything else
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cloud View Post
              That must have been why McCain never fundraised as well as he did once he brought her on board.

Come on, Jon, you're smarter than that.
              Well, not according to you but...

I know that he brought in Palin to shore up the base. She did that, but she also distracted everyone. Or at least she distracted me.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
              -Blackadder
              "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
              -Casablanca
              "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
              -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                speaking of the health care system, saw a funny ad for a hospital system here in Florida. the ad touted a texting system so you could find out how long the wait was at the emergency room before you came in. if you're thinking about the wait ITS NOT AN EMERGENCY!! doh! use the walk in clinic!
                The Star Wars bar scene was based on an ER waiting room.
                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Didn't you think when Obama started the rush toward health care reform, the first thing he'd do was address costs? I know I did and I think a majority of Americans want the issue of increasing costs addressed before anything else
                  No, I stated the facts that I see. I've spoken to many of my right winger friends (healthy, by the way) and they're not concerned that the costs often go up by 20% a year. If their taxes go up 1% this year, however, they throw a hissy fit.

Note: My personal polling is not scientific.
                  Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 01-21-2010, 12:44 PM.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Note: My personal polling is not scientific.
                    What about your left winger friends?

Comment

What about your left winger friends?
                      My left wing friends think that everyone should be covered, and insurance companies shouldn't be able to drop someone just because they happen to be sick.

They'd also be more than willing to pay 1% more in taxes if their health insurance premiums would stop rising 5-10 times greater than inflation.

Most of them use Urgent Care instead of the Emergency Room. Go figure.

Comment

My left wing friends think that everyone should be covered, and insurance companies shouldn't be able to drop someone just because they happen to be sick.

They'd also be more than willing to pay 1% more in taxes if their health insurance premiums would stop rising 5-10 times greater than inflation.
                        Not sure how adding folks to the plan is going to make costs go down. Maybe they're willing to pay more in taxes and in premiums because that's the only way for their dreams to come true.

Comment

We need a nationwide lowcost health provider. Sort of like Southwest Airlines.

However, this needs legislation to allow insurance companies to cross state lines.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Not sure how adding folks to the plan is going to make costs go down. Maybe they're willing to pay more in taxes and in premiums because that's the only way for their dreams to come true.
                            Adding folks - cost containment have been discussed plenty. No reason to rehash that here, and I wasn't saying that was a solution anyway, I was just stating what they felt.

I don't know of anyone who thinks the government is going to make their dreams come true, right or left. Everyone just wants the fairest, levelest playing field possible.

Comment

More people covered presumably spreads the risks of insurance over a broader population base. In theory, universal insurance is the cheapest because there's no problems of self-selection.

But that goes back to the misnomer of "health insurance" - people don't think of health insurance the same way they do homeowners or renter's insurance. They don't want to be insured against an unforseen future injury, they want to be covered for any and all ailments they currently have.

Comment

I just want to get blown... Like right now!
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X