Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 Part XXI: Do you love farce? My fault, I fear.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XXI: Do you love farce? My fault, I fear.

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Sorry buddy, but I just cant agree with you any more. You know who is more dangerous than the Hillbilly screaming about overthrowing the government and hating everyone? The educated man who does the same thing only in a much more polite way.
    What is so scary about those people- the more that we find out that trump is a bad person, the more people defend the way he is bad, and that he should win the contest at all costs.

Terrible to defend that kind of behavior.

Who here has defended Sandusky? If you didn't, you should not be trying to fend off the assaults that trump has done. Power puts women in the same place to trump as kids to Sandusky

Comment

Ladies and gentlemen, the party of racial sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Maybe, though that also sounds like our reaction to another top-notch poster, Bob Gray.

But joecct can speak for himself. I find the gangbang of him unseemly. It is hard, right now, to be a conservative of conscience.
        Bob Gray? Bob Gray was the ultimate martyr. Sure he would have his few good posts (usually discussing his family...almost never political) but Cthulu forbid you bring up how the Christians (or other groups from his side) are not being persecuted in this country cause he would rant all day. he also loved to pepper his rants with worthless personal anecdotes about the one liberal person he knows or the conservative women (whatever ox he is goring) to represent all of them to prove his point. And then if you dared argue with him he would get vile...not Old Pio vile (another one who people defend despite being just a jerkoff old man) but vile. Bob Gray is one of like 4 people I have blocked on this board and I have been here as long as you have Kepler.

At least people like nate91b were entertaining in their hatred...they werent pretending to be intelligent and "asking the tough questions". Bob Gray was always fixing himself a spot on the cross next to Jesus with how horrible the liberals were treating him and his fellow conservatives of conscience. (who wanted to deny people all sorts of inherent rights again)

Bob Gray was the conservative Rover. When emotion wasnt involved you can have a real nice conversation with them and they might not try and offend you. The problem was as time went on the lucid conversations were getting fewer and far between. It can be fun for a while (like when he accused me of stalking him when he was quoting my posts and responding in multiple threads) but it got real vile at times and tiresome after a while. It would get to the point where innocuous posts would send him off on rants, even you were pointing it out.

I love discussing things with liberals and conservatives (it is usually better in person but I digress) up until the point that it isnt discussing it is shouting and there is zero of value coming from it. Boards like this where people can post rather anonymously allow even the good hearted, intelligent people to act like buffoons. (we have all done it) Maybe Bob Gray is a peach in real life, the kind you love to hang with and wrangle over the issues while having a drink. But his last few years on this board, he was closer to Glenn Beck than he was say George Will. IMHO.
        Last edited by Handyman; 10-16-2016, 10:37 AM.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Link is broken...and not just because it is Joe the Plumber
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Well, then perhaps you should read it again. And then try to discern the difference between cheating on your wife with a consenting adult and cheating on your wife by grabbing a non-consenting woman by her *****.

If you can't, I can't help you.
            I don't believe he is talking about lewinsky, their are a few more accusations in Clinton's life.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
              I don't believe he is talking about lewinsky, their are a few more accusations in Clinton's life.
              Which were investigated in the Special Prosecutors investigation. So what? They looked into everything Gennifer Flowers, Paula Jones...etc. and somehow they couldnt nail him for it. Even Gotti got nailed with less investigation and that dude was The Teflon Don.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And last I checked, I'm not voting for Bill Clinton.

I didn't realize Republicans were so into yoga.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  And last I checked, I'm not voting for Bill Clinton.

I didn't realize Republicans were so into yoga.
                  And they seem to ferget that Donald cheated on his first wife with his second, and his second with his third.

Hell, Newt Gingrich did as bad OR WORSE than Bill while he was railing against Bill.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Don't forget Hassert. He actually did diddle children.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      I don't think that's the compliment you think it is. They both have a habit of spewing hateful (but it's usually subtly hateful, so that's better?) bs, ignoring when they are called on it, then repeating it a week or two later.
                      The only stuff I have read of Bob and joe that I would call hateful comes from their religious principles. I agree from our worldview their attitudes towards gays and abortion are homophobic and misogynistic, respectively. I agree that they should be kept as far from the levers of power and policy as possible.

But there are lots of kids in this sandbox and if we ostracize every one of them that doesn't pass our ideological litmus test it's going to get very lonely. Particularly now, as the real world influence of their attitudes wanes, it is incumbent on us, the victors in the culture war, to distinguish between people who championed icky causes out of genuine principle, animated by good process (albeit with bad results), and the hypocrites (the GOP apparatus) and the charlatans (the political religious right) who espoused them just as a path to power.

Our ideals are in large part autobiographical. What we do with them -- how we pursue them -- is a matter of character, but the ideals themselves are rarely anything other than the baggage stamps of our journey through life. Give me Bob's upbringing and I'm probably him, and vice versa. It is difficult enough to build bridges between people with conflicting biographies without going beyond the fact and assigning character traits to them. That way lies the demonization of The Other that we rightly rail against when it happens to us.

We can afford to be magnanimous. On culture, we're winning and we're only going to win more. Then in our dotage it's we who will be the reactionaries, so let's teach our grandkids to be kind if only as a matter of self interest.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 10-16-2016, 11:22 AM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Must've been pretty bad. Page is no longer found.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                          Something like a billion dollars of private and public money has been spent investigating the Clintons by the VRWC. They are the most investigated people in the country's history. And after all that, there's nothing significant on them.

It's almost as if the unending investigation is itself the political strategy, and that where there's smoke there's an arsonist.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Where da white women at?
                            Cornell University

Comment

Handy and alpha nailed it. Trump is always going to have his loyal loons. However, its up to The People Who Should Know Better to vote against him. Not by not voting, which will only up Trump's total % if less people are turning out. Either vote for Hillary or vote for Johnson or write somebody in, but if you have half a brain you HAVE to send him to a humiliating defeat. Otherwise the joe's of the world are just enabling the lunatic fringe with false equivalencies and lame defenses of Trump. The man is not worthy of anybody's defense. He's the worst nominee of any political party in the nation's history. Don't try to minimize it or you legitimize the man, and the GOP will never recover. If he gets crushed they recalibrate. If he comes close you'll be seeing Trump clones into the foreseeable future. Dems are doing their part by voting against the guy, but Republicans need to as well or too bad if you get tarred with the same brush.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Reading all this critique of posters, what does it say about those of us who enjoyed Old Pio? He was a jerk.
                                Last edited by burd; 10-16-2016, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X