Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 Part XXI: Do you love farce? My fault, I fear.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaign 2016 Part XXI: Do you love farce? My fault, I fear.

Don't you love farce?
    My fault, I fear.
    I thought that you'd want what I want...
    Sorry, my dear!
    And where are the clowns
    Send in the clowns
    Don't bother, they're here.

With grave apologies to Mr. Sondheim
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: Campaign 2016 Part XXI: Do you love farce? My fault, I fear.

He won back Republicans and some Republican women. There are many that want to vote for him. The hatred of Hillary is strong, that's really at the core of it.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/p...-election-2016
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      He won back Republicans and some Republican women. There are many that want to vote for him. The hatred of Hillary is strong, that's really at the core of it.
      The Hillary campaign responds to those folks.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

For the crowd of Trump supporters who are basically only supporters because they loathe Clinton, I want to know how they would've reacted to all the Trump sexual assault news from Friday if Sanders was the nominee. The fact that women I know are going with the "it's just locker room talk" shpiel leads me to me it's more because their hatred of Clinton is so deep, that he could do what he said and stand on 5th Avenue in NYC and murder someone and they would still support him if she was the Democratic candidate. What do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          For the crowd of Trump supporters who are basically only supporters because they loathe Clinton, I want to know how they would've reacted to all the Trump sexual assault news from Friday if Sanders was the nominee. The fact that women I know are going with the "it's just locker room talk" shpiel leads me to me it's more because their hatred of Clinton is so deep, that he could do what he said and stand on 5th Avenue in NYC and murder someone and they would still support him if she was the Democratic candidate. What do you guys think?
          We're in a 40-40-20 US political world. Trump or Clinton could behead someone (ala ISIS) on live television and they'd still get 40% of the vote.

PS - Bonus points for using "shpiel" before noon on Monday. If you'd have included a "wonk" in there (e.g. "the wonks and their shpiel") you'd have locked up Post of the Week before everyone else had their first cup of coffee.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            We're in a 40-40-20 US political world. Trump or Clinton could behead someone (ala ISIS) on live television and they'd still get 40% of the vote.

PS - Bonus points for using "shpiel" before noon on Monday. If you'd have included a "wonk" in there (e.g. "the wonks and their shpiel") you'd have locked up Post of the Week before everyone else had their first cup of coffee.
            You still didn't answer my question. What if Clinton wasn't part of this election? I feel that a good part of his support is because people despise her so much that they're completely overlooking everything he does. So, take her out of the equation for a moment, put Sanders in her place (or Biden, for ****s and giggles) and have Trump say or do everything the same. What's the outcome?

Comment

I think at this point ~40% of women would find a way to vote for Trump no matter what or who is the Democratic nominee. We have an electorate that is split on strict ideological grounds. So much so that many core American principles have been turned on their head.

I don't think anyone can say what country we live in anymore.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You still didn't answer my question.
                Yes, I did.

< name here > (D) 40%
                < name here > (R) 40%

That's baseline. No. Matter. What.

The last 20% determines the outcome. The key to winning is doing the least to repulse that 20%.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  I don't think anyone can say what country we live in anymore.
                  Politically it's not so much a country but a ring ...

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

had to laugh.

msnbc just went on trying to compare MSM to Conservative media. but default that means MSM "IS" Liberal media
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Yes, I did.

< name here > (D) 40%
                      < name here > (R) 40%

That's baseline. No. Matter. What.

The last 20% determines the outcome. The key to winning is doing the least to repulse that 20%.

Hell, it happened in '84. Reagan 58-41.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

asking....

was the start of this obstructionist, no compromise split in governance down party lines the secret health care panel after bubba was elected? hilly and her committee decided everything would be decided in secret amongst themselves which created this situation?

or something earlier? the bork hearings?
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

While some (most) of you have come to ignore Scooby for his "sky is falling" cries, I get the feeling that he's right (albeit with less drama).

A few in the last thread asked flat out how Trump could still be polling at 42%. You just saw it last night. The theatrics from Marmalade Harold Hill is what continues to protract his campaign.

Trump was backed into a corner out of the gate. Anderson Cooper helped land a couple strong hooks. And as the night dragged on, Hillary snagged defeat from the jaws of victory.

Last night did nothing to persuade undecided voters. For Christ's sake, I'm still waiting for a response from either candidate to the first question:
                          "... Knowing that educators assign viewing the presidential debates as students’ homework, do you feel you are modelling appropriate and positive behavior for today’s youth?"

Neither candidate answered this simple question. Christ. All Clinton had to say was: "Yes, I do feel I have been a positive model for our future generations because ... [Continue into her obviously planned and rehearsed opening statement]," or for Trump: "Yes, I do during this campaign. Sure my antics years ago may not paint the best picture of myself, but this last year I have (something, something, better person) [continue on into agreeing with Hillary about America and how those are his plans too]."

Trump knew the tapes were going to be coming. EVERYONE knew the tapes were going to be talked about. Trump had a chance to swing at the first pitch and safely get on base and minimize the tape issue. It was a low fastball and Trump left the bat in his shoulder waiting for the next pitch. Cooper throws the second one high and in his ear, directly addressing the elephant in the room, and *that's* the pitch Trump swings at?!?!? Then Trump promptly complains about the umpire after striking out on the first question.

Hillary's "at-bat" on that first question was just as terrible, but because she knew she'd have more at bats, she half-heartedly swung at the pitch and popped up for an out.

This was like watching the Mets scrimmage against each other. (Sorry Kep)
                          Last edited by aparch; 10-10-2016, 08:48 AM.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Politically it's not so much a country but a ring ...
                            Nobody describes it better than John Oliver.

Last week he told everyone to go outside and look up in the sky. Up past the clouds and the stars. "That's rock bottom" he said.

This week he told everyone to do the same thing, to look up in the sky, past the clouds and the stars. Then look just a little bit further. "That's where we were last week."
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              While some (most) of you have come to ignore Scooby for his "sky is falling" cries, I get the feeling that he's right (albeit with less drama).
                              I'm not. It's making me a little scared, TBH. I'm disappointed she didn't hit that nail in his coffin. I think she's a little scared to do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X