Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 Part XX: Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    That is fine and dandy in states that are decided...but I disagree 100% if it is a battleground state. I love protest votes but in this election a protest vote truly is a vote for the other side.
    Hence the first sentence.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XX: Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right.

A few thoughts:

I'm amazed at how far down Trump has brought politics in this country. I was thinking back to the debates 4 years ago and while contentious they were about policy. With Trump its about nonsense.

On what planet did Trump win a debate because he didn't pick up a chair and wing it at somebody? He looked like an unhinged jack ***, which is what he is. A big part of debates is, can you picture this person as President. Who after 2 debates can truly picture Trump in the WH? His debate performance was about getting adulation from alt-right websites.

For Hillary, I sense a tactical decision not to get into a back and forth with Trump as she did leave some put downs on the table. I'd say this happened for several reason. One is she's playing with a lead here, so do no harm, and the second is I'll bet they have more nasty stories ginned up for him this week.
      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        To say either side won this debate is foolish. The only winners were those not watching
        Are you sure? I was watching Giants@Packers.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

How the R's win the White House, the only way*, after last weekend:

- Trump comes out and signs a pledge that if he wins he'll take office Jan 20 and resign Jan 21**.

There. I said it.
          It satisfies the #NeverHillary crew. The #NeverTrump crowd doesn't suffer "Agent Orange" for four years. And the 60% that find Hillary unfavorable and the 67% that find Trump unfavorable would finally have any option besides "Allepo? World leader?" and the Morton County Vandal.

*My four-week notion from last week just no longer works. Even an epic Hillary debacle won't stop Wall Street's bought-and-paid-for hand-maid at this point.
          **SPOILER: Trump would never do it for the good of the party. Too much ego.
          Last edited by The Sicatoka; 10-10-2016, 07:09 AM.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
            So when I mail my vote into Minnesota and don't vote for either of them because I don't like either for a variety of reasons, which one is on the "other side" I'm apparently default voting for?

And why does the merit or integrity of one's vote vary depending on the competitiveness of the state in which they reside? The shallowness that the extension of that logic illustrates is subtle, but wholly telling. And abhorrent.
            So you just ignored the entire first part of what I said? You and I could vote for anyone and it wont matter we are in a state that is going to be nowhere near Red. Go ahead and write someone in your vote wont matter anyways. If you were mailing it to say Ohio though, then it does. It isnt really hard to figure out.

And you can use all the big words you want, take a look at what happened in Florida to get Rick Scott elected (and what he has done in office since getting elected) to see how not voting/protest votes make a difference. You have the right to do whatever you please but to deny there are consequences to it is intellectually dishonest.

Not voting/protest voting isnt going to stop either candidate from winning.
            Last edited by Handyman; 10-10-2016, 07:23 AM.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Take this to your polling place and tell the election judges that this is your write-in candidate.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

You know... Bic should lobby the election boards to have you mark you don't want to vote for. They'd make a killing this time around.

Comment

Surgeons are Red,
                  Psychiatrists are Blue.
                  What they believe politically,
                  It may affect you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/up...crat.html?_r=0

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Touche
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                      I'm amazed at how far down Trump has brought politics in this country.
                      No, no you're not; but, ...

Is Trump cause or effect?

We're in a world where Vince McMahon and the WWE is considered "entertainment". We have more people that can name three Kardashians than three members of the US Senate (or their three members of Congress*!). The evening "news" if it's even watched is more weather and sports and "kitten in tree" stories than actual reporting. Mentioning reporting, it's more take a side and cheerlead than objective journalism. Most peoples' "news" comes from a Facebook feed! That's the same as only going to Infowars or DailyKos.

Are we beyond repair. No. But are we deep in a bad way. We're set up as a society where too many will blindly believe whatever Tweet comes in that aligns to the narrow weltanschauung they've unwittingly established for themself. We're set up for a tyrant with a Twitter; I know many think that's Trump. I worry that we're set up that many believe the Bushes and Clintons are a monarchy that they're supposed to keep pulling levers for. And monarchies turn into tyrants.

*Kramer; Hoeven and Heitkamp

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Hence the first sentence.
                        I agree with you more than my post let on...I was piggybacking off it to make a different point.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          A few thoughts:

I'm amazed at how far down Trump has brought politics in this country. I was thinking back to the debates 4 years ago and while contentious they were about policy. With Trump its about nonsense.

On what planet did Trump win a debate because he didn't pick up a chair and wing it at somebody? He looked like an unhinged jack ***, which is what he is. A big part of debates is, can you picture this person as President. Who after 2 debates can truly picture Trump in the WH? His debate performance was about getting adulation from alt-right websites.

For Hillary, I sense a tactical decision not to get into a back and forth with Trump as she did leave some put downs on the table. I'd say this happened for several reason. One is she's playing with a lead here, so do no harm, and the second is I'll bet they have more nasty stories ginned up for him this week.
                          Your last line was what I hypothesized too. She didnt want to risk getting caught saying something he could use against her and she knows more is coming so just let him hang himself looking like a loon. She is right too, think about it the only positives being said are that he won because he tied. He gets moral victories...well moral victories may make you feel better but they dont get you to the playoffs

You can tell there was certain topics the GOP got Donald to walk back a bit from...especially the Muslim ban. Problem is he made it too obvious EXTREME VETTING is the same thing. Add in his non-apology about the crap he said (plus the guarantee of more coming) and he is still in too deep.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            Wrong choice. GREAT baseball game last night.

Comment

Just heard one of the leading Minnesota Republicans on the radio. He was giddy over last nights performance. Watched Morning Joe. Trump has basically gotten back almost everyone he lost over the weekend.

Trump laid out the red meat for his party. Hillary BLEW the Supreme Court question. The most important question she got. Trump dictated the pace, had Hillary on the defensive, and was in command of the entire production last night.

Debate wise over all it may be a draw. BUT. Style over substance. We said it over and over and over again. Style over substance is why Hillary didn't clean his clock in debate #1 and style over substance is why Trump comes out the winner of this all important debate number two. She let him get control from the beginning. He dictated the pace. He whined about the moderators (time comparison I heard had him with more overall) and he laid out all the red meat for his 42% to enjoy. Portman lost no ground last night.

All in all probably a wash. But, a wash at this point doesn't cut it. A wash is him in striking distance. The next October surprise could be hers.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                              X