Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Monday Night Fight Night

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    He also had that bizarre rant about airports, which seems to have gotten lost in all the other silliness.
    Give credit where credit is due: LaGuardia is a third-world airport. (Mexico City's airport looks better than that stable.)
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Give credit where credit is due: LaGuardia is a third-world airport. (Mexico City's airport looks better than that stable.)
      And I don't know if you can make it better.

Maybe upgrade Islip (been there once) with a high speed rail line into Penn Station?? Kennedy and Newark are stuffed.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        They could do what Denver did and just build a new airport ... in Kansas City.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Or just go with a man made island like in Japan.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Maybe upgrade Islip (been there once) with a high speed rail line into Penn Station?? Kennedy and Newark are stuffed.
            no rail lines are being built there. lotta stuff needs rebuilt.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Speaking of Kansas City, that airport is another example of one that would make it seem Trump isn't completely nuts. I'm convinced that while that facility was being built, it hadn't yet been decided whether it was going to be an airport or a prison.

Comment

1. Yes, some airports could maybe use renovations

2. The federal government has little to do with that.

3. If we're really keeping score, maybe Dubai's airport is a little nicer. They also still have slavery, which should probably be a little higher up on the scorecard.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post

3. If we're really keeping score, maybe Dubai's airport is a little nicer. They also still have slavery, which should probably be a little higher up on the scorecard.
                  Re 2 - A friendly congressional delegation can ensure it does.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post

The FAA through AIP (Airport Improvement Program) provides grants for up to 75% of capital improvements at airports nationwide. The federal government has everything to do with it.

Dubai's airport is A LOT nicer. So is Hong Kong's. So is a lot of mainland China. And lot's of other countries. Trump's comparison is entirely accurate.

And Slavery? How could that be? I mean surely the Clinton's would never be in business with the ruler of a country that has slavery and assorted other human rights issues. That's just crazy.
                    Originally posted by WiscTJK
                    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      The FAA through AIP (Airport Improvement Program) provides grants for up to 75% of capital improvements at airports nationwide. The federal government has everything to do with it.
                      1. AIP grants are for better airfield drainage and weather observation stations, not shiny marble corridors.

2. So the argument he is(and you are, apparently) making is that we're not spending enough on pork barrel projects?
                      Originally posted by dicaslover
                      Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                      Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                        1. AIP grants are for better airfield drainage and weather observation stations, not shiny marble corridors.

2. So the argument he is(and you are, apparently) making is that we're not spending enough on pork barrel projects?
                        2. JOBS!! Money spent in America for Americans to be spent in America by Americans!!!

2a. Pork kept the infrastructure going. Without pork, nobody in Congress has incentive to improve the infrastructure.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          2. JOBS!! Money spent in America for Americans to be spent in America by Americans!!!

2a. Pork kept the infrastructure going. Without pork, nobody in Congress has incentive to improve the infrastructure.
                          Ol' Ted Stevens was the *ing King of Pork. He would use the "bad" press about it to brag about how much work he was getting done for the state. On the flip side, he would've strung up guys like Cruz and Rubio.

On a related note, the airport in Anchorage is named after him.

(He also nearly died at said airport and was later killed in a plane crash)
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Aren't the words "shovel ready" supposed to be in there somewhere?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

One minor, technical point: stop, question, and frisk is constitutional, according to SCOTUS. They laid out strict and limited rules under which it is acceptable.

Stop and frisk is based on an 8-1 decision of the Supreme Court, Terry v. Ohio. That ruling hasn’t been overturned or even modified by the court since it was handed down in 1968. Stop and frisk is constitutional and the law of the land. The majority opinion, written by then-Chief Justice Earl Warren, approved the constitutionality of stopping a suspect if the police officer has a reasonable suspicion that a person has committed, or was about to commit, a crime. If the officer also has a reasonable suspicion the person is armed, he can conduct a pat-down—that is, a frisk—of a person’s outer clothing.

The NY City judge who tried to rule otherwise* was slapped down hard by the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals, and was removed from jurisdiction over the case because of her obvious and publicly-stated anti-police bias. The Appeals Court gave clear indication that they'd overrule her on appeal. Then there was an election and the new mayor decided to drop the appeal that they otherwise would have won.

* Her ruling was not that stop, question, and frisk itself was unconstitutional, she "merely" ruled that the way NYC was applying the rule was unconstitutional because, in her opinion, a disproportionate number of minorities was being stopped. However, it appears that the number of minorities being stopped was indeed proportionate to the number of minorities who were [subsequent edit: reported to be] committing crimes out of the population as a whole [subsequent edit: by the victims of said crimes].
                              Last edited by FreshFish; 09-28-2016, 03:33 PM.
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I will say it again: It's not the school you put the kid into; it's what the kid puts into school.
                                Are you sure about that?

So you would let me pick any school in the country to send your kids to, and you would have no issue with it?

Comment

Working...
                                X